Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: AI and Surgey/Pain killers

LFH40 is offline Associate Member

AI and Surgey/Pain killers

I'm having my shoulder scoped on Tuesday and part of my protocol is an AI. I do not anticipate being on norco or Vicodin very long, however, I will need it the first day or two. How detrimental is this going to be for me as I understand AI will cancel out any benefits of those narcotics and vice versa. Can I get away without taking the AI for a week or will that be an issue for me?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I hope everything goes well for you. I'm not the most knowledgeable member on here by far by I will ad my .02, the priority for you seems to get through the surgery and post op. I'd an AI interferes with the pain meds I think the priority is controlling the pain. Have you discussed your protocol with your surgeon? Is there any other med that doesn't interact with the AI? My Surgeon has been aware of any med I was on whenever I went under the knife. Good luck brother.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I recently had ankle surgery and the percocets worked fine while running TRT and an AI. Good luck...

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    I use Percocet multiple times thruout the year for a couple hern discs, always work just fine. Actually I never heard where an A.I. Could cancel them out? Do u have a source for that? Just curious

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    I use Percocet multiple times thruout the year for a couple hern discs, always work just fine. Actually I never heard where an A.I. Could cancel them out? Do u have a source for that? Just curious
    To be honest, and I could be way out in left field, but I thought I read it here. I could be completely wrong.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    There is no such interaction. You may be thinking of AIs and SERMs.
    LFH40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    There is no such interaction. You may be thinking of AIs and SERMs.
    Thank you Bonaparte! I guess I was really confused. I'm glad you set me straight. I don't know what I must have been reading. Glad to know I'll still have the ability to manage my pain and also my E2!

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Chronic opiate use (pain meds) will lower testosterone , maybe that's what you were thinking?

Thread Information