Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FRDave

Thread: When to test?

17chester6 is offline Junior Member

When to test?

It is now five weeks that I have been on T. cypionate 50 mg Sunday and Thursday with DHEA 25 mg daily. After I have completed six weeks I am to test total and free T and E2 (as far as I can gather Ontario, Canada does not test "sensitive estrogen" so it'll be estradiol). My question is when do I time the test: am I looking at the peak, mid level or trough levels? I know I have seen the answer somewhere but I don't remember and doing a search on the forum didn't turn up an answer. BTW at twelve weeks I am to do the complete profile that I did pre-treatment.

I'm very interested to know the levels as initially I was feeling great, but now I am tired, the muscles and joints ache after the gym, my libido has plummeted and ED has raised its ugly head. The test will determine if it's high E2 or it's just me. Weirdly, the nipple irritation, erect nipples and swollen ankles that developed at about week two have dissipated making me think it's not high E. Oh well!

So, how do I time the blood test? Thanks for helping out.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    Since you inject twice weekly, get your blood draw the day you are scheduled to inject, but prior to your injection.

For instance, I inject on tues night and sat morning. For blood work, I always go in sat morning, then inject when I get home.
    SunWukong likes this.

booku is offline Associate Member
    For what its worth I inject with twice/week frequency, and 24 hours after injection, my T was 1259, so you probably want to avoid getting blood drawn within 36 hours of injecting as to not raise the eye of your doc but anytime from 48-84 hours after injection should be good to go IMO

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    I get blood drawn on day of evening injection and I get it done in the am.

I would get it done before I injected on your Thursday morning injection or get it done on Wed. Evening. Labcorp is open til 5pm where I live.

Thread Information