cornfedboy2000 is offline Associate Member

back with a couple questions

so, I've been on TRT for about 9 months now. I entered into this little journey with a "ready, fire, aim" approach, because I'm an idiot. I'm on Androgel 1.62 @ 3 pumps daily. I got some great info from here in the past, and am hoping to again. I added HCG to my protocol a while back, but then had to stop (surgeries, amputation, unable to get around to get the product and mix, inject, etc.) I obviously suffered some testicular atrophy. Now I'm using HCG again. I have a couple questions about the whole thing.

1) will HCG bring partially atrophied testicles back, or does it just keep them from shrinking and once they're shrunk I'm screwed.

2) seeing as I've only been on TRT for a short time, is there a way to ween off of it safely?

The second question is more important to me at the moment. I've been getting some minor swelling of my extremities, and water retention. This wouldn't be an issue normally, but being an amputee, it has some serious effects on how my prosthetic fits. I know that I'll still probably have a low T issue, but I don't want to rip myself off of it if I'm going to completely fall apart and have a T level of 2 or something. Any input would be great.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    #1 Yes HCG will fix the atrophied testis.

#2 No, you can not ween off Test, BUT you cant stop using it (via doctors care/monitoring) and try using other means to restart your natural test such as clomid.

Very sorry to hear about your surgeries/amputation.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 01-05-2014 at 01:40 AM.

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Hello,

1. The hCG will bring your Testes back to almost 100%..

2. In my opinion, your diet is the likely culprit for the swelling and water retention. By adding the TRT medication, you are possibly a bit more sensitive to the foods you are consuming, if there is more sugar, alcohol, carb type of foods in your diet, then that is probably what the issue is.

The gel is helping you. Consider taking a closer look at your "diet" and go from there.. I suggest cutting way back on the processed sugar, any alcohol, and grains such as bread and pasta. Honey is a great substitute for sugar, however make sure you get some RAW honey, not anything in the grocery store as it is just High Fructose Corn Syrup that tastes like honey..

To recap, cut way back on the sugar, alcohol, bread and pastas.. I GUARANTEE after just 7 days of this, you will see results. Try it for 30 days and you will most definitely see a MAJOR improvement.

Also, let me know if you have ANY questions..!

K

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    If water retention is a problem check your estrogen. If you never had water retention before taking andro gel its pretty safe to say its raising your estrogen .

38onTRT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadnok89 View Post
    If water retention is a problem check your estrogen. If you never had water retention before taking andro gel its pretty safe to say its raising your estrogen .
    Totally agree with this post.. A way to possibly know your E2 is high is if you are NOT waking up in the morning with "wood".. I know my E2 is a little high if I am not waking up with crazy erections... I sometimes wake myself up at night with them too.. That is 1 indication.

Thread Information