Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member

Hitting nerves often

It seems I'm hitting a nerve often no matter where I pin. I stick the needle in and immediately feel a shooting tingle and the muscle twitches and I instinctively pull out immediately. Usually I move the injection spot and re inject no problem. I've kept a journal of exact spots on certain muscles to Inject but do other people hit nerves as much as me?

SLOBRA is offline New Member
    Where are you pinning? I am fairly new to all of this and on my first cycle but the glutes are easier to pin than most injection sites because it is practically all muscle back there in the upper outer quadrant. I haven't decided on this cycle if I will try any other spots or just go back and forth between the left/right glute. If you are pinning your quads and delts, it would seem to me that the outer quadrants of both will pose the least amount of risk hitting a nerve of any sort.

If you don't already know, don't tense the muscle you are pinning, stay relaxed, and per my other thread, a hot shower before hand works wonders for me. On the glutes anyways. I can't speak for any other spots but simply provide some theories based on what I have heard.
    Last edited by SLOBRA; 12-31-2013 at 02:57 AM.

MyteeJ is offline Associate Member
    Agree with trying your glutes. I was given some instruction on how to find a good area. Take your thumb (either hand), place it on your hip bone, extend your index finger to your glute and you should be in a nice spot for the injection.

For some reason, if I feel a sharp pain when I am starting to inject the needle, I move a millimeter or two to either side, then inject. I have hit a nerve twice and I take the time to avoid them since i don't tolerate that pain well.

Hope this helps.

J

LT75 is offline Associate Member
    I hit one every once in a while. You should aways inject in the upper outside quadrant of the glute.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i pin alternating shoulders and have hit nerves maybe 3-4 times in the last 3 months (2 im pins/week). i have also hit a vein once. not sure how these stats compare to others, but i'm ok with them so far.

bluskiblacdeth is offline Junior Member
    I pin in the shoulders and have yet to hit a nerve. I was pinning legs and hitting them all the time.

I do tris, delts, quads and glutes. Slowly finding my exact points of injection that are pain free

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I pin in the glutes and have not hit one yet. It's difficult to hit it because it's so uncomfortable to go further in than the outer part of the glute.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Machdiesel View Post
    It seems I'm hitting a nerve often no matter where I pin. I stick the needle in and immediately feel a shooting tingle and the muscle twitches and I instinctively pull out immediately. Usually I move the injection spot and re inject no problem. I've kept a journal of exact spots on certain muscles to Inject but do other people hit nerves as much as me?
    Have you thought about doing SubQ? You'll never hit a nerve.

^ nah I don't mind IM, and I'm getting to know wha spots work for me.
    Just checking to see if this happens to other people

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    I just go in very slow and gentle, when the pin hits a nerve I gently back it out slightly and change the angle a little and push it beside the nerve. Works great and doesn't hurt.

Thread Information