Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By trikydik
  • 1 Post By 2Sox

Thread: Recently started TRT.. Help!

ochominga is offline New Member

Recently started TRT.. Help!

Hello I am 5'10 and 240lbs and have recently started Test-C injections for my hypogonadism. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago and was on Androgel for years. I don't have insurance at this time so I bought 2 test kits from Amazon. One was saliva and one was a blood test. The results for free test was 187 and 213. I can't find the papers they sent me and they haven't been very helpful in getting a reprint. The test-c is 250/10 and the first week I injected 400. I did experience a crash before the week was up. I am now injecting 250 2x a week(every 4 days) I am 3 weeks in and have noticed much improvement. Do I need HCG or a estrogen blocker? I am working out daily cardio/resistance. Any advice and or help will be much appreciated.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    First welcome to the board.

My insurance does not cover HRT. I am paying out of pocket for my doctor. I understand what you are going through. That being said... 400mg of Test C is NOT a theraputic dose. 75-200 is the usual range.
    300-500 mg / week is a body builder dose. You have shut down whatever test your body was making. My test level was 198 when I went on HRT. My dose is 150mg / week and my test level after 6 weeks was 1153.

My advice is go see a doctor. Find a clinic that helps those without insurance. If you can afford it, pay for it out of pocket.

HCG helps several ways. It keeps your testicles from shrinking and hurting (something I have experiences). I would recommend it. I do not think you should take an estrogen blocker, especially if you are self medicating.

Final advice... read through the forum, especially this section.
    Mike Dura likes this.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Welcome to the forum. You're in the right place and there are many knowledgeable and experienced people here who are available to help you.

You'll also find extremely informative posts called "Stickies" at the main page of the TRT forum. Take your time and read through them. A great place to start. These will answer a great many of your questions.

I'd suggest you find a doctor or a men's clinic for your TRT. There is also a sticky on how to find a good doctor. Self medicating is definitely not advisable and IMO can put you in danger. There are many on this forum who set their own protocols and adjust their medications but they still have a physician to keep an eye on their progress through bloodwork.

If you are under the care of a physician, I'd suggest you speak to him/her about a lower and more frequent dose. Many here start on 100mg a week split into two doses. Stick with that for awhile and see how it goes. There is much to learn. We're all "students" here. Keep asking questions.
    Mike Dura likes this.

Thanks for the welcomes.I have read what seems like a lot of conflicting info on how much of a dose is right and the ranges you have posted seem to be the norm for most Trt people. I am NOT wanting to go back to being symptomatic. I have been off the androgel for more than 3 years and to say i was symptomatic would be putting it lightly. I was prescribed 1.5-2 pumps per shoulder daily back then. I do want to get into bodybuilding as I get into better shape. I was 285 before my initial dietary changes (6 months ago). Is the higher dose say if I did so for a "cycle" to start off with that bad of an idea? I can see and feel improvement in what little I have done so far. I am a single parent with 2 daughters and being able to go to the or any doctor isn't gonna be possible for a month at least. I appreciate any and all input. Sent from my phone hope this makes sense.

MRNJ1992 is offline Member
    Your dose for HRT is out of whack. Thats a cycle. Most guys here inject bi-weekly at 50-75 each shot. Most also include HCG and a possible AI. IMO at 5'10 and 240, you'll put on alot of unwanted weight with your doses. That being said, there's quite a few guys here with great advice. Be patient. They will respond.

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ochominga
    Thanks for the welcomes.I have read what seems like a lot of conflicting info on how much of a dose is right and the ranges you have posted seem to be the norm for most Trt people. I am NOT wanting to go back to being symptomatic. I have been off the androgel for more than 3 years and to say i was symptomatic would be putting it lightly. I was prescribed 1.5-2 pumps per shoulder daily back then. I do want to get into bodybuilding as I get into better shape. I was 285 before my initial dietary changes (6 months ago). Is the higher dose say if I did so for a "cycle" to start off with that bad of an idea? I can see and feel improvement in what little I have done so far. I am a single parent with 2 daughters and being able to go to the or any doctor isn't gonna be possible for a month at least. I appreciate any and all input. Sent from my phone hope this makes sense.
    It would be my preference that you get aTRT dose of 75mg-200mg/wk worked out before you cycle. If you decide to forego that and cycle immediately, you will eventually need to get a correct TRT dose figured out.

A cycle of 500mg/wk of testE or testC is a typical first cycle BUT you will need to run an aromatase inhibitor and HCG during your 12 wk cycle.

[QUOTE=MuscleInk;6788439]It would be my preference that you get aTRT dose of 75mg-200mg/wk worked out before you cycle. If you decide to forego that and cycle immediately, you will eventually need to get a correct TRT dose figured out.

A cycle of 500mg/wk of testE or testC is a typical first cycle BUT you will need to run an aromatase inhibitor and HCG during your 12 wk

Thank you for the replies. I am not familiar with aromatase inhibitors or HCG. I have done a lot of reading but there is so much info! As I am not quite a month in could you suggest AI and a HCG that would benefit me? I don't intend to stay on this higher dose after this "cycle" and will be taking a dose twice weekly in the ranges that most everyone else seems to be using. I was hoping to get some noticeable results from the start with the combination of the higher dose exercising/working out and the dietary changes I have made since starting. Any suggestions or advice are appreciated.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ochominga View Post
    Thank you for the replies. I am not familiar with aromatase inhibitors or HCG. I have done a lot of reading but there is so much info! As I am not quite a month in could you suggest AI and a HCG that would benefit me?
    Re: AIs and hCG .
    As was previously suggested to you, read the "stickies" and you'll get many of your questions answered.

Thread Information