Thread: 6 Week Checkup

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

6 Week Checkup

I have been on TRT for 6 weeks and just completed my 6 week check up.
    Potassium 4.1 normal
    Chloride 102 normal
    CO2 21 normal
    Calcium 9.2 normal
    Protein 6.6 normal
    Albumin 4.2 normal
    Globulin 2.4 normal
    A/G 1.8 normal
    Bilirubin .6 normal
    Alkiline Phosphate 60 normal
    AST 32 normal
    ALT 35 normal

Total Chlosteral 160
    Triglycerides 87 normal
    HDL 31 Low
    LDL 112 High (on lipitor)

Test 853
    Estradiol 80 (7.6-42.6 scale) HIGH

Prostate Serum .7 normal

Everything else was normal except a low Creatine Serum level .97 (.76-1.27)

Doctor wants me to change from 150 mg / week to 1cc per 10 days. He thinks this will help with the high Estradiol...

Any thoughts?

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    10 days is a bad adjustment.

I would think he would have you on 50mg 2x a week which will help lower your Estradiol. No Free Test in your blood work? That is an important number.

853 is where my total is at. I am assuming you don't feel great though, do you? Your estrogen is high, does he have you an anastrozole or any aromatize inhibitor?

How about HCG ? Nuts feel ok? No shrinking or aches?

Blog Entries
    I asked him about the free test result. The Dr. stated that he only does that when his patients are not responding to treatment.

Not on anastrozole or any aromatize inhibitor. May get it from AR-R ...

Would like to be on HCG but he has not prescribed it.. Wants to try chlomid instead....

I want HCG but I cannot prescribe it form myself.

Free T, IMO, is more important than total. It's all parts of the puzzle that needs to be adjusted until it gets you where you need to be to feel good again.

My total T was over 500 which for a 40 year old is not horrible. My freeT was at the very bottom of the range. I felt like crap all the time, no zest for life, fat gain, ...you name it and I felt the symptoms.

When you take test from an outside source your body is going to convert it to estrogen to one degree or another. If it converts at a high rate your E levels will spike and you will not feel good. You could also show signs of Gynecomastia which is not good at all. If you crash or have to low of estrogen you will feel like crap also. It's really a process that takes time and bloodwork to get dialed in.

Not to pry but are you covered by insurance with your GP? If treatment and meds are costing you over $200 you mat seriously want to consider going to LowT.com. They have a very good protocol, $200 includes everything you need from alcohol pads, syringes, HCG , AI, and testosterone . Also, the blood work and Dr visits are included.

Just something to keep in mind, I am not pushing them or anything and have nothing to do with their company at all but I was with them for a while and I truly believe they are one of the good guys out there who have your best interest in mind.

Blog Entries
    My treatment right now is 250 every 6 weeks.
    No doctor visits as I can inject at home. The only thing I really want is HcG .... but doc is really resistant to it.
    I am really thinking about getting anastrozole from AR-R

Your doctor should put you on a prescription anastrozole honestly.

Doctor visits with LowT is once a year I think or 2x if they are local. Not for injections.

Your doctor seems like he is uninformed on latest TRT protocol. Not prescribing HCG , not putting you on an AI and not giving you blood work for freeT are some very big things he is missing. This is your body, you only get one. Maybe he can refer you to an endo that is more in the loop on TRT or you could search for one if you aren't happy. http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...physician.html

The only way to get HCG without a script is to do so illegally. You really want a TRT doc that makes you get stuff that he should be prescribing to you from a underground lab?

MyteeJ is offline Associate Member
    Seems like the best course of action for you may be to find a local TRT doc or look into lowt.com.

Brett is pointing out some important items that are important - eg. current doc is not looking at free t.

Seems like the AI is the important component for you at the moment. As all the vets on here will tell you, let someone who is well versed in the treatments help you out. We as patients can only share our experiences and observations.......

Thread Information