Thread: Glute or thigh

jungle1 is offline Junior Member

Glute or thigh

i feel as though the test doesnt last as long when i inject into the the thigh, can anyone provide some more information as to which injection site is better.

FRDave is offline Senior Member
    I rotate between left and right glutes and have no plans to ever change. Never tried the thigh though. I did have higher test levels in glutes vs abs with no other changes to protocol, so I don't doubt different sites will give different results.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the half life of any type of esterified testosterone or other hormone is not dependent on which muscle you inject into. Therefore, both muscles are fair game. I personally prefer the glute.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I prefer the thigh... Easier for me to reach...

jay adams is offline Associate Member
    Agree with the thigh. Easy to reach. Also, the air bubble trick to get all the test out cause the syringe is easily inverted while sitting.

Ryanmcd is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FRDave View Post
    I rotate between left and right glutes and have no plans to ever change. Never tried the thigh though. I did have higher test levels in glutes vs abs with no other changes to protocol, so I don't doubt different sites will give different results.
    Glad I read this, I have the same thing, As in if in the glutes it was about 900ish and the same in the thigh is about 500, was it that much different for you?

mauz is offline Associate Member
    I prefer test in thigh but I inject deca into glute because it makes my knee ache if I inject it into my quad

johnk271 is offline New Member
    mauz, weird you mention that, I inject in my thigh(quad) and 1 month after starting trt my hips have been hurting, feels likethe hip flexors. Its been going since November and no matter how much i stretch and do self myofascial release, nothing seems to help, could it be because im injecting near there that could be causing the pain? Maybe i should switch to the glute? The pain is keeping me from running, which I love to do so its really frustrating. Can anyone shed some light on this?

jonk271 I thank you should definitely try it out . Im no expert by any means but I know I don't have problems with my knee when I inject in my glute . its definitely worth trying cant hurt anything .

ctenosaura is offline Associate Member
    I rotate left thigh Sunday, right thigh Thursday, then left glute the next Sunday and right glute on the next Thursday. Less holes in more areas and a week of possible healing between injection sites.

Im going to do it in the glute for the next couple weeks, I will report back if my hips get better. Honestly, I doubt thats the problem, but you never know!

john hope it helps bro please get back with us interested to know if it works

Quote Originally Posted by mauz
    john hope it helps bro please get back with us interested to know if it works
    Switched to glutes...

Good news, my hips dont seem to hurt anymore...

Bad news, now my lower back hurts.

Coincidence? I dont know, but i shot in my left glute Sunday morning and the next few days I was having lower back tightness/pain and muscle spasms in the left side of my back. Wednesday night I shot in my right glute and now today i have pain in the right side of my lower back!!!! But none on the left!

Now this could be a coincidence i guess but i dont know! does anyone else have this problem? and if so, how do u get around it? I really dont wanna have a whole muscle group hurting after every shot for the rest of my life....

And when i say "hips" i mean hip flexors

GFA
    GFA is offline Associate Member
    I inject into quads or delts, never tried glutes. The only time I had issues with test absorption was when I did SubQ into the belly. It was around 50% less effective raising my test levels.

Has noone else had this problem before? Am i just crazy?

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It should not change test results between quads or glutes. There were other testing variables you must have overlooked like the test peaking to measuring after 2 weeks of shots vs 6. Was it the same vial of test? Maybe one was under dosed, and yes even pharm test can be miss dosed. Were the tests performed at the same amount of time after injection. Those are just a few reasons to explain different test results but bottom line it makes zero difference. I prefer quads myself.

Thread Information