trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries

Under Normal Circumstances

Does Cholesterol go up when on TRT?

Reason I ask, is my cholesterol has always been low until I went on TRT, then it shot up about 20+ points.
    I am on meds for it... just thought it was odd...

I know it is an oil based medicine... How much oil gets absorbed? Is there a better oil that can be used that does not effect the body so much?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It has nothing to do with the oil.
    It is because you have no natural test production, so the cholesterol that would normally be synthesized into testosterone is just contributing to your LDL.

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It has nothing to do with the oil. It is because you have no natural test production, so the cholesterol that would normally be synthesized into testosterone is just contributing to your LDL.
    Ok, my cholesterol is about 285 total and lipids 177, if its due to my low test does that mean mine wont go down due to me putting ex test into my body? My diet is pretty good, junk food once in a while but over all pretty dang good and i cant get it to lower...

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post

Ok, my cholesterol is about 285 total and lipids 177, if its due to my low test does that mean mine wont go down due to me putting ex test into my body? My diet is pretty good, junk food once in a while but over all pretty dang good and i cant get it to lower...
    No from my experience cholesterol can go down on trt I went from 298 to 223 the trend on each blood work it gets lower, Also cutting down on grains will dramatically decrease your cholesterol.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    No from my experience cholesterol can go down on trt I went from 298 to 223 the trend on each blood work it gets lower, Also cutting down on grains will dramatically decrease your cholesterol.
    What?
    Grains contain soluble fiber, which decreases LDL.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post

What?
    Grains contain soluble fiber, which decreases LDL.
    From my experience your cholesterol will plummet when you give up grains, I went from 298 to 198 in two months following a paleo diet. Trust me it works.

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post
    From my experience your cholesterol will plummet when you give up grains, I went from 298 to 198 in two months following a paleo diet. Trust me it works.
    Could u pm me some info? Im about to drive to work and cant be on here until tomorrow but ive been looking at going paleo myself! If it helps then awesome!

Thread Information