Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman

Thread: once weekly vs. twice weekly?

Baxter35 is offline Member

once weekly vs. twice weekly?

4 months into trt, working on getting levels dialed in. My current protocol is 100mg once a week, but I've heard several suggestions that splitting that into 50mg twice weekly could be even better. Anyone have direct experience to share on this? Any specific benefits noticed on twice weekly vs. once weekly injections? Blood counts would be especially helpful. As long as I stay within my total weekly prescribed dose, my doctor has given me free reign to adjust my dosing schedule as I see fit. I don't mind pinning more than once a week....but also don't want to mess with it if the benefits aren't there. Thanks in advance!

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    4 months into trt, working on getting levels dialed in. My current protocol is 100mg once a week, but I've heard several suggestions that splitting that into 50mg twice weekly could be even better. Anyone have direct experience to share on this? Any specific benefits noticed on twice weekly vs. once weekly injections? Blood counts would be especially helpful. As long as I stay within my total weekly prescribed dose, my doctor has given me free reign to adjust my dosing schedule as I see fit. I don't mind pinning more than once a week....but also don't want to mess with it if the benefits aren't there. Thanks in advance!
    The main benefit is going to be a drop in estrogen levels. This is due to injecting less test more often.

I've taken it even a step further and inject every other day, still remaining at my same total for the week. I don't have exact numbers handy because its been over a year since I've switched to this. But dosing this way dropped my estrogen low enough to the point that I didn't need to take an AI anymore.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    The main benefit is going to be a drop in estrogen levels. This is due to injecting less test more often.

I've taken it even a step further and inject every other day, still remaining at my same total for the week. I don't have exact numbers handy because its been over a year since I've switched to this. But dosing this way dropped my estrogen low enough to the point that I didn't need to take an AI anymore.
    I agree. I pin twice a week and my E2 lowered as well. I also feel better this way as my levels remain more constant. I also switched to subq which has also helped and is more convenient.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    I agree. I pin twice a week and my E2 lowered as well. I also feel better this way as my levels remain more constant. I also switched to subq which has also helped and is more convenient.
    Subs has helped with what? And why is it more convenient? Before and after testing, with no other changes would be the only way to know if subq has helped you. From what I see on here many guys test actually falls a bit once going to subq. Seems 50/50 on whether its better or not.

Quote Originally Posted by xcraider37 View Post

Subs has helped with what? And why is it more convenient? Before and after testing, with no other changes would be the only way to know if subq has helped you. From what I see on here many guys test actually falls a bit once going to subq. Seems 50/50 on whether its better or not.
    It depends on the individual. I tried subq for awhile and tested about 100 points lower, which was negligible to what my numbers were anyway.

Thanks all. Regarding test levels, has anyone noticed a change with twice weekly? Does total test go up, down, stay the same? I like the sound of lowering estrogen levels if test levels aren't hurt.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post

Not doubting you mate. However, this has come up several times in discussion over the last couple of months, and I never get a satisfactory response. I understand a weekly injection would provided a larger E spike than a semi weekly injection protocol, BUT my question is, does the OVERALL average drop due to more frequent pinning?

We all should know by now that more frequent eating does NOT increase ones metabolic rate, and therefore consumes no more calories during the digestive process than eating less frequently.

So I am interested in learning about the overall average of pinning T. Does simply pinning more frequently produce less E?

I'd be interested in seeing the data that supports that claim.

Thanks!
    ---Roman
    NEFLRick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

Not doubting you mate. However, this has come up several times in discussion over the last couple of months, and I never get a satisfactory response. I understand a weekly injection would provided a larger E spike than a semi weekly injection protocol, BUT my question is, does the OVERALL average drop due to more frequent pinning?

We all should know by now that more frequent eating does NOT increase ones metabolic rate, and therefore consumes no more calories during the digestive process than eating less frequently.

So I am interested in learning about the overall average of pinning T. Does simply pinning more frequently produce less E?

I'd be interested in seeing the data that supports that claim.

Thanks!
    ---Roman
    I'd like to see more studies done on this as well. The idea makes sense, but there are MANY factors at play. For instance, during that time my body fat has changed (not drastically, but it has lowered). That alone could result in a lower estrogen test while keeping the same dosing protocol. Not to mention, hormones fluctuate often, so one blood test may not prove enough.

I've thought about going back to 2x a week dosing (even one time a week) to see how things go. Main reason was because I tired of the many injections. However, I like using prop better than the longer ester Cyp and Enan. Plus I use insulin pins, which makes it easier. And I really like not having to take an AI.

I've also started dosing my HCG everyday as well (might as well since I'm already injecting anyways). I started to notice less of the positives of HCG after awhile dosing at 2x a week for whatever reason (500iu total). Now I do 75iu ED and feel like when I started HCG therapy. We'll see how it goes.

Well, I did my first 50 mg pin this morning (test cyp btw), and am going to try a Monday A.M./Thursday P.M. schedule. My next round of bloodwork is in 3 months so I'll run this until then and give you all some follow up at least with my own personal results at that time. My E2 levels as of two weeks ago were "in range" but I'm still experiencing what I believe are E related side effects in the form of excess water retention primarily in my ankles. As of now no AI yet, I'll see what this dosing change does and decide based on the results. Thanks all.

Thread Information