Thread: Change in Law?

OoberVir is offline New Member

Change in Law?

I had staggered my test cyp orders from my trt doc so that I could order two 20ml vials at a time, saving on shipping and also so I had a cushion and was not week-to-week on my testosterone prescription. Recently, I attempted to fill my prescription of test cyp recently (40ml worth) but it was cancelled and replaced with 1 order of 10ml. The cushion I had built up is now gone and apparently I need to order 10ml at a time due to a "change in law". Have any of you been forced to change your prescription re-order habits or are you familiar with any change of this type in the laws concerning testosterone?

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    My clinic has informed us that they are cutting back how much u can buy at 1 time... Technically it is usually only typical to get 1 vial on a perscription, it should last u 1 month, but for someone like me at only 100 mlg per week mine lasts 3 months...also was told they are not allowed to prescribe DECA any longer either which sucks for my joints....BADLY!

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Yep, my clinic in Florida will no longer let me order 6 months worth. Now, I can't re-order til week 9 out of a ten week script! Sucks! It's good I have a back up resource. Also, no Deca anymore.

barack_obama is offline New Member
    I had been getting 1 10ml vial once every couple of months. My most recent trip to the pharmacy put me with 4 1ml vials. What is this crap? The new thing is that my insurance covered it without questioning. Rather than 80$ out of pocket for a 10ml vial I paid 7$ for 4 1ml vials. I'm not sure if I'm happy about it or angry. I have more little boxes to put up with and more visits to the pharmacy, but it is 4 times cheaper.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Look into your State's prescribing laws. If the Doc writes Code-F (may be different per your State) this allows multiple vials to be filled at once for TRT/HRT purposes...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barack_obama View Post
    I had been getting 1 10ml vial once every couple of months. My most recent trip to the pharmacy put me with 4 1ml vials. What is this crap? The new thing is that my insurance covered it without questioning. Rather than 80$ out of pocket for a 10ml vial I paid 7$ for 4 1ml vials. I'm not sure if I'm happy about it or angry. I have more little boxes to put up with and more visits to the pharmacy, but it is 4 times cheaper.
    Welcome to obamacare. Things arent going to get any easier.

barack_obama is offline New Member
    Ok, strange enough, I just picked up my test again Sunday and I've got a 10ml bottle again. It is from a different manufacturer, but I'd imagine all will be good.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barack_obama View Post
    Ok, strange enough, I just picked up my test again Sunday and I've got a 10ml bottle again. It is from a different manufacturer, but I'd imagine all will be good.
    It keeps changing from state to state and month by month. I have had my brand changed 3x the last year and was getting the small 1ml vials for a while so I switched pharmacies.

Thread Information