Caser1 is offline New Member

Anyone notice change in Dry Eyes?

Hello Everyone,
    I am new here. I have read thru some previous posts- but I could not find an answer to this.

I am a 37 yr old male. I recently had Low T diagnosed 337 (332-896).

My entire reason for having it tested in the first place was that I felt run down, lethargic, and I have had increasingly worse dry eye over the past 5 months.

My doctor started me on a 200 mg injection 1 day ago - just to see if we can try and pin down this dry eye issue being linked to low androgen levels.

Does anyone have any experience with this same issue? Do any of you notice (or have noticed in the past) dry eye issues that seem to go away once your T is back in a healthy range?

If so, how long did it take for your eyes to get back to normal?

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

luciuswillson is offline Junior Member
    I have been on TRT for a few years and have dry eye's quit a bit, I do not think it is because of the TRT though. I have bad allergies in the area I live and I think it is most likely that. My eye doctor prescribed me Pataday which clears it up, but it is about 60$ with ins.

thisAngelBites is offline Knowledgeable Female Member
    There is increasing evidence that dry eye can be caused in part by low testosterone . My endo prescribed me some TRT and I have not noticed any improvement with my (slightly) dry eyes, even though I was hoping to see a bit.

I understand there are ophthalmic preparations of testosterone that people are using just below their lower lash line, and on the upper lid with some success. I believe the thinking is that the testosterone stimulates the production of meibom (which is the oily component of our tears), and so placing it on the skin near where the meibomian glands are helps to stimulate them to produce more. I haven't tried it myself, although I would love to hear from anyone who has.

Thread Information