jump100 is offline Junior Member

My red blood cell count - help

Before my first shot of nebido, my hematocrito (red blood cells) was 50.2% (Ref 43-53). I guess part of the reason is because I am at a high altitude in Bogota, Colombia. Altitude here is about 8 thousand feet above sea level. Is my red blood cell too high to start treatment? My doctor said it was in the upper range and needs monitoring. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by jump100; 06-04-2014 at 05:40 PM.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Just watch it, it should elevate some, but if it continues to climb you might need to donate. Often times it will stabilize on it's own though, but it still needs monitoring like he said.

jump100 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you, SEOINAGE. I am new to this and need to rely on the knowledge of you all.

ritch469 is offline New Member
    Seoinage,
    Donate blood as often as you can. In the US you can donate every 8 weeks. This removes a lot of hemocrite. Anyone who's on gear should do this. Helps thin out your blood. If your in the US though do not tell them your on gear or any other injectable unless it's prescribed. Otherwise they will ban you for life for being honest.

ritch469 is offline New Member
    Sorry Seoinage,
    Post was meant for jump100.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by jump100 View Post
    Thank you, SEOINAGE. I am new to this and need to rely on the knowledge of you all.
    I was @ 51%+ prior to starting TRT and donate as often as possible. I did a double red cell donation last time and it is almost time that I can donate again. I was @ 52.8% just a few weeks ago when I had blood drawn for labs.
    Monitor it, drink lots of water, and donate blood when you can. Otherwise, you may have to have a therapeutic draw.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information