Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By The_Crawfish
  • 1 Post By sfgiantsfan55
  • 1 Post By 64509chvl

Thread: Sudden giant spike in weight?

SmallsMalone is offline New Member

Sudden giant spike in weight?

Since I just started TRT this month, I am really new. I am on a cut cycle, and on last friday, my weight was 149 (I'm short, 5'7).

On the following Sunday I was suddenly 159! I had no change in diet or training (just a lot of time outside in the heat). Since then I have come back down to 154. I am totally confused by this sudden super gain in weight. Do you guys think it could be water due to the T?

Thanks!

cad78 is offline New Member
    I gained 14lbs of water in 8 weeks with no AI. My e2 was 55 on a 3-70.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    gained a bunch of weight at first as well. water retention basically. one of the negatives of trt, I really don't think you can just get rid of the always a bit heavier. You will likely get even heavier with a bit of an increase in real lbm over time.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    When I first started trt I gained 8kg within the second month with trt same eating, but because I felt so good I trained twice ad hard. Now with continued trt I and a very strict diet I have dropped the eight

The_Crawfish is offline Associate Member
    I did the same, gaining 10-15lbs over the first 8 weeks of trt (while cutting). At some point I just started rapidly losing it with no explanation...no change in diet, workout, etc. Eventually I was down to my pre-trt weight and have continued to lose since then. Obviously it was water weight, and at the time was using a doc that had no clue about proper trt and never tested for E2. Just keep plugging along with proper training and diet and it will work itself out. At least it did for me.
    cad78 likes this.

NEFLRick is offline Associate Member
    It's water weight. Could be your estrogen spiking--that will cause you to retain water. Or, it could just be what you ate. If you ate a ton of carbs and/or a ton of food with a lot of salt in it (have you been eating out?), it will also cause water retention.

sfgiantsfan55 is offline Associate Member
    definitely water weight. fwiw, i cangain about 2 lbs if i have sushi the previous night (well, the soy sauce is the villain here). doesnt take much.
    Mjolnir likes this.

64509chvl is offline Associate Member
    Ha ha! Yeah, sushi nights always do it for me aswell! Atleast 2-3 pounds, lol

one more thing and this is a DUH thing ..(yet im amazed at how many people seem oblivious)... when you weigh, its same time , same scales, same amount of clothing, same routine (ie do u piss first or not, etc).... otherwise, if you weight 200 at 6 am you might weigh 205 at 9pm.... gotta be consistent.

my dad had a '65 396 chevelle he got in high school.. thing would run like a scalded dog.

64509chvl is offline Associate Member
    Ha, right on SF...bet it was the chit back in the day! I went nasty in this one...685 hp 509 ! Diferent times though.

Sorry for the slight derailment.

SF is right though...weigh ins gotta be consistent just as he described.
    sfgiantsfan55 likes this.

MRNJ1992 is offline Member
    Think alot of us have this problem. My dose is low but put on at least 20 pounds. Not all good either. But really what are the choices? Im on T with HCG and an AI. Its either low T and feeling like shit or normal to high levels with a bit of extra weight. Good luck!

Mjolnir is offline New Member
    Even the "medical" scales they have at the gym can be way off from day to day. Someone always seems to be "adjusting" it.
    It is very hard to gain ten pounds of ANYTHING, even water weight, in a week, especially if you're back down to normal again. A combination of water retention (high salt), poorly adjusted scale, and time since last piss probably accounts for it.
    I wouldn't worry about it.

ebstein is offline New Member
    I gained 10# in 6 weeks too. I'm pretty sure it's water weight because the wife says my face isn't any fatter..I'd love to lose it, but nothing is hurting, so I'm not too worried.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    were you using the SAME scale, or one at the gym and one at the house?

are you weighing yourself the same time each day? I wake up, use the restroom, and weigh myself then, pre shower

is yours a spring scale? do you zero it out each time, or even look to see it is on zero?

questions, questions....

Thread Information