theheat is offline New Member

How quickly will T drop once off HCG?

It's my understanding that HCG shuts down your HPG axis (unlike Clomid) by inhibiting the release of gonadatropin releasing hormone thereby decreasing LH.

Considering the half life of HCG is around 33 hours, if you stopped HCG, would your T levels would plummet after 2-3 days due to the lack of LH?

...and if T levels do plummet, how long does it take for the body to resume normal LH levels (post HCG) without the use of Clomid?

theheat is offline New Member
    The reason I ask is because I'm trying to decide how long I should wait to get blood work done after ending HCG monotherapy, as I want to see what my baseline T levels would return to without HCG. I don't want to wait 2 months if it isn't necessary, but I don't want to do BW a week after going off HCG if my T levels are still elevated because of it.

I've been off HCG for 10 days now, so I assume it's cleared my system and that my body is on it's own now, but with lower LH levels. I'm also assuming that my LH levels will start to come back over the next few weeks, so without any advice I'm going to guess that now is as good a time as any to do BW. I'll post my results when I get them in the event anyone else is in the same situation, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of practical knowledge or experience regarding HCG monotherapy...

Thread Information