theboogieman1 is offline New Member

24 and having low t issues

Hey guys Im 24 years old and have been experiencing some symptoms of low testosterone . I know at my age it is rare to develop low testosterone , but is not impossible. I have never taken any sort of steroid or hormones, never taken any antidepressants, or heavy pain killers. Now I did take hydrocodone for a little bit when i had surgery on my finger and then i took it for about 2 weeks with a broken hand. I workout 3-4 times a week, and have an above average diet.

That is a little background information, but the symptoms that I have been experiencing are as follows. My mental focus (main issue) seems to crash from time to time. This is very disturbing because I cannot hold full conversations with people, and it makes me seem like I am trying to blow off the conversation but thats not the case at all. Along with that I also am way more irritable then I used to be not to long back. Also, my workouts have suffered. I used to be able to be in the gym for 1-2 hours, but now after 20-30 min. I am wasted. My energy crashes and I will start getting headaches, and when I get a headache working out is not even a question. I have been having restless sleep for a while now, meaning I wake up feeling like I only slept a few hours, but I really slept for a full 8 hours. That said, I almost never dream and do talk in my sleep frequently. I do not have any sexual issues at all, and I wouldn't imagine I would at 24 anyways.

I have done things to help with the issues I have been having as well, and have been recommended from some very good sources to do different things. I am just looking for some opinions, for there may be something that I have not tried that I may need to. I have taken 2000mg of l-carnitine and 30mg of zinc a day for 30 days twice. Also, I tried melatonin 2-3 mg a night to help with sleeping, but I tend to wake up earlier.

My first blood test showed TT 699 FT 9.8. The rest of my blood checked out to be a perfectly healthy 24 year old. After taking 30 days of carnitine and zinc I retested at TT 825 FT 12.0, so this did seem to help my numbers, but I still the same symptoms. However I did see a slight improvement in my mental focus.

It has now been about 3 months since my last test, and I am still experiencing the same symptoms. Please let me know what y'all think.

ps. all that being said, I would prefer not start testosterone until I absolutely need it later in life, but I am definitely not opposed to the idea at all.

Thank you!

CobraMustangSVT is offline Junior Member
    What's your height, weight, BF%?

What do you do for workouts?

5'8 3/4 160-165 not sure about body fat, but I can tell you that it is low. I do mainly weight training, but do get some cardio in there. For instance monday I did chest, which included flat bench, incline bench, machine flys, cable flys, pushups, ect.

BallSak is offline Associate Member
    Do you have labs for thyroid function and AM cortisol?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSak View Post
    Do you have labs for thyroid function and AM cortisol?
    TSH- 1.800
    T4- 7.6
    T3- 30
    FTI- 2.3
    Cortisol- 8.9

Test was taken in the AM, but was regular cortisol test.

What are the ranges for those numbers? Do you have free T3 and RT3 by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by BallSak View Post
    What are the ranges for those numbers? Do you have free T3 and RT3 by chance?
    Here is what I have:
    TSH 1.8 .450-4.500
    Thyroxine(T4) 7.6 4.5-12.0
    T3 Uptake 30 24-39
    Free Thyroxine Index 2.3 1.2-4.9
    Cortisol 8.9 2.3-19.4

Your cortisol is not good. You want it toward the top of the range in the morning. Research low cortisol and see if you can relate to the symptoms. From the 2nd paragraph in your original post, you very well may be hypoadrenal. You need to get a 4X saliva test to test your free cortisol levels.

You need to get free T3 and RT3 to adequately gauge thyroid function.

Thread Information