ripped_82 is offline Member

Androgel to Test Cyp - Transition Question

Hello Gentleman - I'm in the midst of switching over from 6 pumps of Androgel 1% / day to 100mg Test Cyp / week.

I will be injecting an even daily subq dose, and am looking for guidance on when to stop the Androgel based on mentioned protocol.

My endo said day 4 as a stop day if I was injecting IM at a 100mg once per week, but I'm obviously going with smaller, daily, subq injections

Thanks

Just wanted to bump this up as I've noticed a number of views, but no replies.

I thought I'd mention that I'm day 3 of my daily Cyp injection / 6 pimps of Gel, and have noticed a greater libido increase over the past 48hrs. I'm taking the stance that it's a placebo effect as I can't imagine a small subq injection working 24hrs after my first shot. In any case, its a nice but distracting boost

Thanks again
    Last edited by ripped_82; 06-27-2014 at 07:33 AM.

Wizwell is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Day four should be fine. You could probably stop on day one without issue. Every day subQ seems unnecessary. Unless you enjoy pinning yourself. Twice weekly, at 50mg each, would work just fine. Less needles. Less holes in yourself. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizwell View Post
    Day four should be fine. You could probably stop on day one without issue. Every day subQ seems unnecessary. Unless you enjoy pinning yourself. Twice weekly, at 50mg each, would work just fine. Less needles. Less holes in yourself. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    I transitioned from Androgel to T Cyp and it's a breeze. It's really your choice as to how many days of gel you want to skip. I think four days are too many. The logic goes that you apply a gel daily because your serum level goes down so rapidly. I'd say skip one day, maybe two of gel and then begin your shots. Or for fun, start the very next day for a surprising boost in your libido.

FYI: I do everyday T Cyp and hCG with a 29 gauge insulin needle. Takes less time than taking your daily supplements. MANY advantages to this. Lower aromatization, a steadier state release, and more stable levels.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 06-29-2014 at 09:10 AM.

xcraider37 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post

I transitioned from Androgel to T Cyp and it's a breeze. It's really your choice as to how many days of gel you want to skip. I think four days are too many. The logic goes that you apply a gel daily because your serum level goes down so rapidly. I'd say skip one day, maybe two of gel and then begin your shots. Or for fun, start the very next day for a surprising boost in your libido.

FYI: I do everyday T Cyp and hCG with a 29 gauge insulin needle. Takes less time than taking your daily supplements. MANY advantages to this. Lower aromatization, a steadier state release, and more stable levels.
    I agree with 2sox, you can start the next day those gels get out of your system fast, start ASAP. BTW I was on gels also and made the switch, no waiting period.

Thanks for the reply gentleman

As mentioned above, I'm doing daily shot to reduce sides, and to mimic the daily natural test release the body does on a daily basis.

I used to pin my HCG @ 350 IU X 3/week, switched to daily, and feel better / consistent. And the daily pin is a breeze.

FWIW … I switched too, and the switch is no issue, it's the ongoing maintenance. If you're on HRT, this stuff is for life, and trust me, daily pinning will get old. Many here, myself included pin x2 a week. every 3.5 days. For me Wed night and Sun morn.The only *side effects* I deal with is adding extra AI the day after pinning. I take .5mg of Anastorzol on most days, and 1mg the day after pinning, supplementing an extra .5mg as needed. Same with HCG . I pin HCG the day after the test, because I'm not trying to maintain test levels with the HCG, but keep my boys from shriveling away and it's working nicely. I tried the HCG the day before the TEST, but this works better for me. Lastly, If you're pinning with test, make sure you use a 1" needle and insert it 3/4 of the way in to your thigh, so that it gets to the muscle. I prefer a 25g needle; it slow to draw from the vial, but not nearly as bad to inject as one of those 18g basket ball inflater needles; which will also develop more scar tissue. Pinning daily does have it's draw backs. The injection site needs time to heal, so I switch sides each time. Left leg on Wed and right on Sun. As a result, I'm only injecting in the same location once a week, giving it time to fully heal and mineralizing scar tissue. You may not think that matters now, but 10-20 years from now you will.

Best of luck.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 07-06-2014 at 12:33 PM.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    I pin HCG the day after the test, because I'm not trying to maintain test levels with the HCG, but keep my boys from shriveling away and it's working nicely. I tried the HCG the day before the TEST, but this works better for me.
    I think injecting hCG the day before is to mimic the way the body works. T is released in response to a request from the pituitary.

I am curious how doing it the other way works better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Pinning daily does have it's draw backs. The injection site needs time to heal, so I switch sides each time. Left leg on Wed and right on Sun. As a result, I'm only injecting in the same location once a week, giving it time to fully heal and mineralizing scar tissue. You may not think that matters now, but 10-20 years from now you will.
    You might try subcutaneous. The daily injections keep the doses small, and life is good using 30g needles.

If you're going a week or more between injections, your T levels drop to their lowest just before your next pin. As I understand it, adding HCG the day before, helps boost the bodies natural T production to even things out. However, if you suffer from primary hypogonadism, like I do, and are constantly injecting T long term, your own production is next to nil, so there is little to no natural T being produced. It's more for keeping the boys from turning to raisins. The day after pinning , you're exogenous T levels are at the highest, therefor your own production is at the lowest. At least thats how I see it and it seems to work for me. It's more a personal preference. To be perfectly honest, if you're pinning twice a week like me, I'm sure the difference between injecting HCG before or after is minimal.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 07-06-2014 at 12:58 PM.

I'd like to report that my daily approach has me feeling great thus far

I'll wait another 3 weeks or so before lab work, but so far so good

Thanks for everyone's feedback.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Good to hear, ripped_82.

Keep us posted!

Just curious... Did you ever figure out how much T was in 6 pumps?

Yup, 7.5 mgs of test that your body absorbs assuming a 10% absorption

Thread Information