Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rex123

Thread: New to Trt, 5 shots in and no difference Help!

rex123 is offline New Member

New to Trt, 5 shots in and no difference Help!

I am 26 years old slightly overweight but part of my job is walking for a living just never drop weight, found out several months ago my testosterone level was 241, 2 months later when I finally got appointment at urologist my levels were 321, had my first shot of 200ml test cyp. .5cc so 100mg then went back week later and levels were 328 in the trough I guess? Upped me to .6cc and injections at home, have done 4 at home and still feel same, is 120mg a week high enough for someone in the younger range 5ft 10" 210 pounds, I feel like normal weight would be 185-190 since I don't have much muscles anymore like I used to when I was 21 and younger.

How often are you taking your shots?

Every 7 days in the glutes

Only had b/w before first shot and before 2nd going back in mid september for more b/w but 5 weeks in I should be feeling better correct? Main problem is fatigue and poor mood all the time

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    120mg/week should be fine. I'm at 80mg/week and I feel good. "Feeling" trt can take a while. what are you hoping to feel? the first clue may be a bump in libido. But it can take up to three years for some to realize full benefit (thinking improved bone density for one)

Be patient young grasshopper!

Matter of fact I was sexually active once a day to every 2 days and now about every 3 so I believe that libido is worse, I was at 3 times daily up until I was about 22. Really the main thing is I figured I'd have more energy by now

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rex123 View Post
    Matter of fact I was sexually active once a day to every 2 days and now about every 3 so I believe that libido is worse, I was at 3 times daily up until I was about 22. Really the main thing is I figured I'd have more energy by now
    Can you define what you mean by, "sexually active"? Once a day? Depending on what you mean, that's pretty good.

TR's question is a good one. What are you hoping to feel?

You may consider injecting more often and SQ.

Was one a day before starting trt now just every 3 days or 4 so libido is worse, going to just have more energy really is all I care about, barely making it through day without feeling like I need a nap, what is better than ever 7 days? Every 5? I don't really feel like I have lows or highs like everyone talks about. So that's what I was wondering if 120mg weekly was high enough dose or if 140-150 would be more appropriate.

Sorry for the somewhat retarted typing I'm swiping from my phone and it's kind of goofy

Spartans09 is offline Member
    Many dose every 3.5 days and break the amount in half.

When are you getting your next round of bloodwork? It should be building up in your system and elevating total test, but free or unbound test is much more important. You are probably about to get over the hump and start feeling better soon. I would post your next round of bloodwork, many experienced people can advise you then.

It will be mid September

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I didn't see the previous post. Using phone app

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    My first question is why do you have low t? Have your Drs checked why you are low t at your age? Have you tried a restart? 26 years old is quite young to start trt. That being said, you have to be on your protocol at least four or five weeks without any changes and retest. Change as your BW dictates. It takes time and this is not a magic pill type of thing. Patience. I would also do as the others suggested and split your dose twice a week.

They never said or checked y, just said will be on it rest of my life

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Agree with Beethoven. Why do you have lowT? What other tests/bw has your dr. done?What about thyroid issues. An underactive thyroid can cause the issues you list-low t, lethargy, decreased libido, inability to lose weight, and many other things.
    Last edited by Rusty11; 07-19-2014 at 10:34 AM.

I can't remember all the tests they did but took 4 vials of blood and I remember him saying they were testing for everything but I remember him saying thyroid was fine and pc levels were fine? P something

Theres a button that takes you to labcalls website for blood results but dunno my patient number user and pass but will find out when I go back
    Rusty11 likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    There are more tests to rule out tumors and other conditions. At your age I would make sure before starting trt. I'm sure kel and some of the other more knowledgeable members will chime in. It's one thing to be on trt at 45 or 50, another at 26.

ringsman is offline New Member
    Everybody is different. Some people feel it a couple of hours after some like me felt it at week 3. You just have to be patient. Itll happen.120mg is good but if you spilt the dose half with two shots a week you will feel better.

Thread Information