xTOMMY GUNx is offline New Member

Question Your muscular/strength gains on HRT.

Hi, guys. I'm 44, was just diagnosed with hypogonadism & have been prescribed 200mg. of cyp/2 weeks. Just had my 1st injection a few days ago. I've trained VERY hard in the gym and dieted for the past 18 years & while I've made good gains, it's hard to imagine doing that with a total test of only 212. Estradiol is good at 18.

Lately, I'm extremely tired most of the time and can't even work do to that and severe gastrointestinal problems (ibs). I've read about the timelines as far as improvements are concerned but I'm left wondering just how much you gentlemen are gaining as far as size & strength from your HRT, training & dieting.

I know that in the grand scheme of things, 200mg/2 weeks is a low amt. so, I'm not exactly looking to become an IFBB PRO anytime soon....or ever. lol. I'd just really like to hear some real experiences concerning this subject.

As far as dieting, I'm talking eating 6 times/day & well over my caloric maintenance with approx. 1.5g protein per lb. of body weight. I also take a moderate amount of effective supplements. Training is on point as well or at least is whenever my body allows it to be. Thanks in advance & be blessed!

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Welcome to trt and best wishes on the road to a better quality of life! 200mg/2 weeks is a good starting level..BUT...must be switched to 100mg/week asap! Every 2 weeks will make your hormones fluctuate too much and you'll alternate between feeling great/crappy every other week. Individual results will vary, but 100mg/week is plenty to make some solid gains, especially in the beginning when your body is rebounding from being low T.

ringsman is offline New Member
    I agree with Baxter if you can Administer 50 mg a week 3 days apart or just 100 mg one day a week. Your blood levels will be stable and you will feel much better.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^ x 2 on the every 3-4 day injection protocol. Also, don't focus on the dosage amounts. Many people here make substantial gains with TRT dosing. I'm 5 years in and continue to get stronger to the point where I need to consider reducing my overall mass for long-term health considerations. Correct diet & training are "key" though...

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    ^ x 2 on the every 3-4 day injection protocol. Also, don't focus on the dosage amounts. Many people here make substantial gains with TRT dosing. I'm 5 years in and continue to get stronger to the point where I need to consider reducing my overall mass for long-term health considerations. Correct diet & training are "key" though...
    I agree. I've made good gains over the last year. Diet and training are of key importance. More the diet.

xTOMMY GUNx is offline New Member
    Gentleman, thanks so much for the welcome and most excellent advice. I really appreciate it. I'm definitely going to suggest the once/week protocol to my endo because I feel like absolute garbage right now and do not wanna feel worse.

In your opinions, aside from feeling much better & improving my quality of life - which is the most important thing, what do you feel is acceptable Total/Free T levels to not only feel better but, to make great gains with my training? I know that most docs are happy with getting us in the "average" range but if I must do this for the rest of my life, I want the optimal range.

I would imagine doubling or tripling my low Total 212 (241-827) & Free 40.7 (46.0-224.0) would provide much better gains from my current level. Thoughts?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Don't concentrate on numbers but rather how you feel. The gains mostly come from proper nutrition and hard work. I know people who have been on an AAS at triple my hrt dose and haven't gone as far as I have. Why? Their nutrition was not supportive of what they were doing and neither was their training. This stuff is good and all that but without the other two it doesn't work.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ^^^^ The optimal range is 300 - 1100 Everyone is different but I can pretty much guarantee you if you try to get and stay at the upper numbers you will crash and feel like crap after a few months and take months to get back to feeling better again.

Try to get and stay anywhere around 400 - 800 and see how you feel. Your endo may not agree but you need to keep an eye on your E2 (sensitive Estrogen) as well as getting on HCG . Unfortunately it's not nearly as easy as most people thing, you cant just inject yourself with test and think it will be all good.

here is some a good explanation of what HCG does for you.
    HCG: Why you should use it on-cycle only & how to prepare your hCG for injections
    Last edited by lovbyts; 08-13-2014 at 06:16 AM.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    If the endo doesn't agree with the weekly dosage, ask him/her the half Life of your test.

I think it's 7-8 days for cyp or enth, which means the entire second week you're waiting for the next shot you'll be untreated.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    My doc had me at every two weeks, we did blood work and after two weeks my levels were 299ng after injecting .75cc. We've now switched to weekly injections at 1/2cc

Thread Information