Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rusty11

Thread: TRT when you're old

sparverius is offline Junior Member

TRT when you're old

I've been on TRT for 10 years. I am primary due to damage to testicals from a tumor. I'm in my mid 50s.

A recent thread about TRT for the posters father had a lot of responses saying that beyond a certain age TRT is "not worth the risk".

I expect to be on TRT for the rest of my life barring some medical breakthrough. I'm not going to stop given how bad I feel when I am low. But I am wondering what the risks are.

T levels naturally decrease as you age. Do you plan to cut back to mimic that when you get old, or stay at your current level?

old cajun is offline Junior Member
    I have been on TRT for one year. I plan to be on for the duration. Im 58. With advice from the vets I believe we can be ok.

fastman9 is offline Junior Member
    When and if health changes due to TRT then I would re-access it, but if it works why change?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the thread in question. the old guy was in his 80's. our advice was that it might not be a good idea to start him on TRT. Which is supremely different than if he was already on TRT for 20 years, and then I would think STAYING on TRT would be the best advice.

I'm 52, and I don't plan on coming off until the end.

I'm 80mg/c/week, so I think I don't need to drop any lower unless RBC or something begins to spike....

Quote Originally Posted by sparverius View Post
    I've been on TRT for 10 years. I am primary due to damage to testicals from a tumor. I'm in my mid 50s.

A recent thread about TRT for the posters father had a lot of responses saying that beyond a certain age TRT is "not worth the risk".

I expect to be on TRT for the rest of my life barring some medical breakthrough. I'm not going to stop given how bad I feel when I am low. But I am wondering what the risks are.

T levels naturally decrease as you age. Do you plan to cut back to mimic that when you get old, or stay at your current level?

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    As soon as alzheimers sets in you'll forget to take it anyway.
    Ridgback and Mr Bill like this.

Thread Information