Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Sox

Thread: Just when you think you've heard everything....

Vinman is offline Junior Member

Just when you think you've heard everything....

I (finally) got my Doc to prescribe HCG - 10,000 IU's, 250 IU's twice per week. I am feeling pretty good about the situation.....

I go to a nationally known pharmacy (which I get some of my generic scripts from) and tell them that I don't think my insurance will cover it (they won't usually cover injectables), so I will pay out of pocket, no problem.

An hour goes by and the pharmacist calls " you were right, we tried running it through your insurance and they won't cover it, but the out of pocket cost to you will be $21,000" !!!!!!

I was then half-tempted to ask the pharmacist if she was taking any of the drugs that she was dispensing....

I checked a few other pharmacies and they don't even carry HCG, let alone charging the price of a new Ford Focus

HELP !!!!!

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Are you in the US? or what country?

spacemon is offline Junior Member
    You need to go to a compounding pharmacy. They should be able to hook you up for much much less.

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemon View Post
    You need to go to a compounding pharmacy. They should be able to hook you up for much much less.
    This.

Vinman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SEOINAGE View Post
    Are you in the US? or what country?
    I'm in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by spacemon View Post
    I tried the only compounding pharmacy in the area where I live, they weren't very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Vinman View Post

I tried the only compounding pharmacy in the area where I live, they weren't very helpful

Many compounding pharmacies will ship meds to you if your doctor sends your prescription to them. It doesn't need to be one in your city.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had that happen once, the idiot pharmacist or dumb twat that was entering the med into their system did it wrong and read the wrong product line or something along those lines. Try another pharmacy is all. With a Good RX coupon it should be less than $200 for generic HCG ...

jasondd1 is offline Member
    What about the site sponsored pharmacy?

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    $200 for hcg ? Holy crap I'm glad I'm with lowt. I thought it was expensive lol

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I get mine overseas. About $23/5000iu. It works. PM inbound.
    thisAngelBites likes this.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    I would go to the pharmacy and check their work. Most likely they entered something wrong; med or quantity.

Wouldn't be surprised if they typed in HGH not knowing what hCG is.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, if you are in the US then I would get it out of a compounding pharmacy. It will be a little more than 2sox mentioned but don't bother with going locally. Get it shipped to you, I get mine from a place in florida, simply because the local place, which is two hours away has to overnight it with cold packs because it is already in liquid form, it is good stuff though. But no reason for you to have to get it close by. Also I like to be able to stock up on it, and since it isn't a controlled substance I order like 5 vials at a time to cover that 10 dollar shipping cost. Definitely affordable, I buy it out of pocket, have never been able to use insurance for this stuff. Luckily my doctor has a nice set up and is affordable this way. And I can mostly meet with a practitioner which is much cheaper than seeing him, not to mention she does a really good job.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just an FYI, HCG is a controlled substance in 13 states, soon 14 and more than likely all 50 before too long.

I agree with the other posters who said that there was probably an error at the pharmacy. I'd double check with them before you freak out.

That being said, a compounding pharmacy will still likely be cheaper. They'll ship to you. If the hCG is premixed they will definitely send it in an ice pack so you won't have to worry about it degrading in the heat.

Thread Information