Flier is offline Productive Member

Just started HRT, would like some feedback.

Hi folks.
    Got a long history, but will keep it simple.
    At 45 just started therapy with an anti aging doc.
    Mainly because of the way I feel, not bw, which is on the low side, but ok. (Total Test. approx 430)
    I am on a 6 month protocol for now, then I will adjust, stay, or get off.
    Kinda didn´t want to do the Testosterone bc of the suppression factor, but he talked me into it. I also skipped the HGH bc of cost.
    I have tried Testosterone before, Nebido, Cyp, Prop, and never really liked the feeling of elevated testosterone. However now I will try one last time while sticking the protocol from a respected HRT doc.

Anyway…here it is, one week cycle:
    Monday: 500iu HCG / 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000iu Vit D3
    Tuesday: 500iu HCG / 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000iu Vit D3
    Wednesday: 100mg Cypionate / 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000iu Vit D3
    Thursday: 0.5mg Arimidex / 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000iu Vit D3
    Friday: 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000iu Vit D3
    Saturday: 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000 Vit D3
    Sunday: 300mcg Sermorilin / 5000 Vit D3

My immediate reaction was, why the roller coaster. As from my previous experience always though the key was stable levels. Ie Hcg Mon-Thurs. Cyp 2x per week. Adex e2D….etc.
    But, he knew what I was saying, but had his reasons. So I just decided to go with it for 6 months.

In addition, which I find the most interesting piece, and which no doc has tested for before, was body temperature. And it was/is LOW.
    After reading up on this condition I got exited bc many of my symptoms match, and are similar to and can be confused with symptoms of low T.
    So, he put me on something called Wilsons protocol. T3 treatment. I start tomorrow. 30 day treatment. And I am very exited to see the results.

So, that´s it for now…what´ya think?

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My first question is why would he only dose your T Cyp once a week? Did you test for E2 before being prescribed Adex? If not, IMO, it was unwise to prescribe it. And why dose a rather high dose of hCG to begin with - this all considering your Total T is not bad. (Although we all know that the real guide should be Free T).

It is very likely that yo would respond much better to twice weekly T dosing and hCG before each dose. Many here are seeing the benefits of daily, SQ, low doses of each. You may want to consider it.

Others can respond to Sermorelin as I haven't yet gotten into it.

BTW, you just don't "get off" TRT after a few months if you don't like it. You'll feel like shite for months because you HPTA has shut down. And it may never come back to pre treatment levels.

Lifted1 is offline Member
    D3 is part of my normal daily vitamin routine, not my trt protocol. Hcg is dosed too many iu's too close together...you'd be better off with 250~350iu hcg and 50mg testosterone every 3.5 days. You shouldn't be taking any ai until you know you need it or you will still feel like shit from a crashed e2. Also, you need bloodwork done at 6 weeks to see how your body is responding and adjust.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Yes, I agree with you guys re the frequency and dosing. However I agree, not from experience, but from previous knowledge learned from this forum, where we have always placed a lot of importance in perfectly stable levels.
    This doc is perfectly aware of the peak and declining test levels over 7 days, but he still prescribed it like this. And because of the peaking test. he therefore prescribed .5mg adex at the 24hr peak.
    It kinda makes sense, so I just said I would go for it.
    Yes, I did test for E2, actually I did the whole hormone panel. Unfortunately I have the results in another location so I can´t post them, but the E2 was slightly high. Free test was in the low as being in line with total test.
    I think 1000iu EW is high as well. But again, I only think so bc of my knowledge from this forum. But is it "too" high?
    It is always a challenge whether to believe/trust a professional with this treatment, or to tailor our own. I am unsure if it is right to place me on T.
    Thanks for your input.

Lifted1 is offline Member
    ultimately its your body and your decision on whats best for you. as long as you stay within your weekly mg and iu dosage, it doesn't matter how you divide it up. actually, splitting up your t dose will also lower your e2 as well. usually 500~750iu/wk hcg is the norm.

Thread Information