Ccdiesel is offline Associate Member

Dutasteride dosing in Trt with npp

My current protocol is:
    40mg test cyp
    60mg npp
    Every three days

Exemestane everyday .2 mg

I'm pretty much dialed in. Test is high between 1600-1400 consistently. And dht is high as well. Running npp helps compete against dht but I'm still concerned with hair loss long term.

I'm thinking a very low dose of dutasteride would slow dht and DHN conversion and bring levels closer to normal.

Has anyone successfully done this? I think there are downfalls to high dht vs high test.

ridedivefx is offline Associate Member
    I will be interested in this response too

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Might be a good idea to look into the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo View Post
    Might be a good idea to look into the sides.
    I have, and for someone not on TRT with high levels of dht any drug reducing the enzyme would be a problem. Dht is necessary for sexual function and more but a lot of it does not seem to yield more benefit. It helps libido and erections if you were low to begin with and hurts if levels are too low.

If anyone actually has had experience with dutasteride please share your thoughts On dosing and what your experience was. If you had bad effects share your protocol and what those effects were. Thanks

Also any thoughts on the benefits of less testosterone and nandrolone converting. So slightly less Dht and DHN conversion would allow higher levels of testosterone and nandrolone for bioavailability.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Im not on duta, but I always take fina on cycle, off cycle I take it from time to time. Protocol is 1mg ed together with nizoral.
    From my experience fina has no bad effects, hair is a bit stronger while on cycle and i get less acne as well. Also I think libido is higher when i'm on fina.

Top of my head has very thin hair and not much hair, it has been like this since mid twenties, slowly but steady decrease in hair. While on fina it gets stronger.

But im a medical study of 1, so not very reliable, just my experience.

So, here is a good medical case on duta that actually has some evidence that free test is higher while on duta and exogenous test: Muscle Mass Gain From Testosterone Not Affected by 5α-Reductase Inhibitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Im not on duta, but I always take fina on cycle, off cycle I take it from time to time. Protocol is 1mg ed together with nizoral.
    From my experience fina has no bad effects, hair is a bit stronger while on cycle and i get less acne as well. Also I think libido is higher when i'm on fina.

Top of my head has very thin hair and not much hair, it has been like this since mid twenties, slowly but steady decrease in hair. While on fina it gets stronger.

But im a medical study of 1, so not very reliable, just my experience.

So, here is a good medical case on duta that actually has some evidence that free test is higher while on duta and exogenous test: Muscle Mass Gain From Testosterone Not Affected by 5α-Reductase Inhibitor
    Thanks for the input, I'll read through the study. I'm not sure how finasteride could have made your libido better but maybe. Libido and Ed would be my only concern with any 5-ar inhibitor. But I think this is largely dose dependent.
    I've used nizoral for a while and my hair loss is minimal between nizoral and npp slowing the use of dht. DHN does not cause hair loss but in my case does cause Ed if the ratio to dht gets too high. I feel like raising free test may have more benefits and worth trying a 5-ar inhibitor.
    Everyone knows nandrolone can cause Ed issues but with my dosing it has been managed to give me the anti-inflammatory effects with minimal sides. Overall it's been worth adding and made my quality of life much better to combat arthritis.

The shocking thing about the side effects is that they can be permanent even after stopping use of the drug.

I understand the "heartbreak" of hair loss, but wouldn't go near Duta or Fina.

Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo View Post
    The shocking thing about the side effects is that they can be permanent even after stopping use of the drug.

I understand the "heartbreak" of hair loss, but wouldn't go near Duta or Fina.
    Permanent under what conditions? Were the subjects on TrT?

You might check the Post Finasteride Syndrome sub-forum on Dr. Crisler's site.

highrpms is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccdiesel View Post
    My current protocol is:
    40mg test cyp
    60mg npp
    Every three days

Exemestane everyday .2 mg

I'm pretty much dialed in. Test is high between 1600-1400 consistently. And dht is high as well. Running npp helps compete against dht but I'm still concerned with hair loss long term.

I'm thinking a very low dose of dutasteride would slow dht and DHN conversion and bring levels closer to normal.

Has anyone successfully done this? I think there are downfalls to high dht vs high test.
    I would think your NPP is really some form of Testosterone and not NPP. Your levels are really high for only about 80mgs a week. Your E2 and DHT should be in check with the amount and frequency of 40mg T E3D.

Thread Information