tripperdogg is offline Junior Member

one year update and learning more

hey everyone. its been a while since I posted. things at home alittle hectic with the wife ,etc.i just had my one year doctor visit and blood work, learned that while I decreased my dosage to try and lower my heboglobin/hematocrit, I also tanked my test numbers and didn't make much of a difference with heboglobin.I have hemochromatosis but my iron values never get very high, but when I started trt, my hemoglobin increased and I got a script for therapeutic blood draws every 8 weeks and try and decrease the blood thickening.my doctor told me that some men ,no matter what dosage of external test will increase their hemoglobin and when I lowered my dosage I did nothing but tank my test numbers. so I'm back at twice a week injections as always,going from .25 ml,to .50 ml per injection. previous number were good at labcorp spec 800-900, though e2 was always alittle high. doc told me might have to start a small dose of ai when I get my next bloodwork. its funny , I just turned 51 and though I was getting more forgetful due to my age and it was brain fog from crappy 280 test numbers. starting to feel better with higher dose. sorry for being long winded ,but thought that my experience may help someone with a similar situation. adjusting your dosage down may decrease e2, but hemoglobin doesn't always follow. hope everyone is doing well with their therapy.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Guess it's a good idea to always get blood work after changing the protocol.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I have similar issues with my hematocrit but since I'm only at 100 mg a week I just deal with the therapeutic draws as well. Are you on HCG ?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm working on getting a rx for therapeutic draws also but my doc is a little hesitant since I'm not over the limit, just near the top.
    HCG may increase his E2 even more but probably not as long as he used an AI with it. That would probably be the best all around using HCG and AI.

tripperdogg is offline Junior Member
    yes I am using the 3x's a week hcg protocol. I will get my bloodwork in 2-3 more weeks. doc is checking a few other things at the same time, psa, liver health, etc.i have a feeling he's going to recommend an ai ,as history has shown that my e2 seems to creep up after a while at my current dosage.thanks

Thread Information