Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Ai

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member

Ai

I was diagnosed with hypogonadism a few years back (total T 201, range 300-1100). It's been extrememly difficult to get it treated as doctors just aren't knowledgeable. They're all willing to hand out testosterone but just shake their heads like idiots when I have estrogen related issues or when my nuts crawl back inside of me because of the lack of hCG . I decided to go with the Low testosterone network and have my firs appointment in Houston in a week and a half. I'm excited to finally deal with a doctor that has a clue. But, I do have a couple of questions.

However, I an concerned as I have ALWAYS had problems controlling estrogen. Long story short: I'm fat, I aromatise quickly and feel it. I have read that the doctor won't prescribe an AI until the blood work dictates that they do so. However, I haven't lasted long on even small doses of testosterone (50mgs) done IM or sub Q because of the estrogen. I feel like a champ for 1-2 days after the injection, the test hits it peak and then I start having panic attacks and other elevated estrogen related symptoms. Will a doc prescribe a small dose of an AI just based on me explaining these symptoms?

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    My doc did, but can't say all docs will.

If you experience high E2 symptoms, resist the urge to put yourself on a schedule, but instead take Anastrozole as needed.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Might be a good idea to check out the other E2 and Anastrozole threads.

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Good call.

I couldn't get any of my other docs to run an E2 sensitive blood panel so I don't have any proof that the E2 spiked. But, there's no other explanation for symptoms I had after after a 30mg sub q injection.

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SweepTheLegJohnny View Post
    Good call.

I couldn't get any of my other docs to run an E2 sensitive blood panel so I don't have any proof that the E2 spiked. But, there's no other explanation for symptoms I had after after a 30mg sub q injection.
    I would be pretty surprised if your E2 was elevated after a dose that small. I'm not saying that it's impossible, but it would definitely be out of the ordinary.

There are some men who's estradiol sensitivity forces them to use different injection protocols to keep it at bay. There are guys out there who inject small doses every day for this reason.

Your prescriptions will be dictated by your individual doctor so I can't really say what he will prescribe, but it seems that all LowT doctors are open to AI use. He may want to see some labs before instructing you to take an AI though. Or if you explain your situation to him in detail he may just start you on a low dose AI and go from there. Or maybe he will suggest something totally different.

But you won't have to fight your doctor for an AI if that's what you're wondering.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Easy fix, pay to get it checked. Sensitive E2 and free Test levels.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Easy fix, pay to get it checked. Sensitive E2 and free Test levels.
    Onl ine priv ate m d l abs . C om... Find the test put in cart... That easy!

Thread Information