Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By zempey
  • 1 Post By Simon1972

Thread: Afraid to rock the boat

17chester6 is offline Junior Member

Afraid to rock the boat

I'm 60 and healthy and have been on T cypionate 60 mg, HCG 500 units and Arimidex 0.25 mg twice weekly since December 2013. I feel incredibly good and it has changed my life in so many ways. A veritable transformation. My blood work is all good and the T is in the upper normal range. I've been lifting weights for about 5 years (but I was always active and competed in rowing) and could not get any real change in my physique. Then in my tenth month of T replacement my body changed and I could not believe the muscle development and definition. I'm well defined but not the hulk...far from it. Nicely muscled and toned. It is not mentioned on this forum (at least not that I have seen and I really don't care how this is received) but I am gay and the effect of my transformation is such that I have a steady stream of 20 year old guys seriously hitting on me. At my age! OK, don't get into a righteous rant. To each his own and if you were getting 20 year old women hitting on you, heck you would be in seventh heaven!

But the question I wish to ask is in regards to blasts. I am healthy and don't want to mess myself up. Would blasting affect my lipid profile, liver and kidney function? Is it deleterious to one's health? I can continue to lift and work hard and get a little more mass but I was wondering if a blast would deliver a real muscle punch without throwing me off balance. I feel so good and am happy with how I look but there is always that "what if I were to try.." question.

Am I crazy to rock the boat and I should just work harder in the gym? Would a blast deliver gains that would make it worth the risk? I have yet to research the relevant part of the forum in regards to blasting as I think that I can get a good response from the knowledgeable members on this TRT forum.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Even if you were to blast and gain some mass, if you aren't eating enough to gain mass now, you won't keep the gains once you return to your trt dose. You need to up your calories and put on some meat through diet. At 60 I would imagine it will be harder to gain muscle than someone in their 30' and 40's, but good on ya for keeping at it. I can only hope to be kicking ass in the gym in 20 years.

By the way, being gay is neither hear nor there to me, sexual preference is up to the individual, not my place to judge.
    Beethoven and lovbyts like this.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Before you decide to blast, you may want to ask for some advice on how to get bigger in the nutrition section and in the workout section. It could be as simple as adding 400 calories to your daily intake and lifting as more of a bodybuilding strategy instead of a rowing type strategy.

Sexual pref. doesn't mean anything in here. It's about being a better you, keep up the good work.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    Even if you were to blast and gain some mass, if you aren't eating enough to gain mass now, you won't keep the gains once you return to your trt dose. You need to up your calories and put on some meat through diet. At 60 I would imagine it will be harder to gain muscle than someone in their 30' and 40's, but good on ya for keeping at it. I can only hope to be kicking ass in the gym in 20 years.

By the way, being gay is neither hear nor there to me, sexual preference is up to the individual, not my place to judge.
    Ditto. It all starts with proper nutrition and workout. Once that is on point sure, you can do a blast but if everything else is not on point you will not keep the gains. That is exactly what a friend of mine does. While he's on deca he gets stronger and a bit bigger. Once he stops, poof goodbye gains. This is precisely why I haven't blasted yet. Once I've cut down to about 220 or so, I'll blast.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    i encourage more men to turn gay- leaves alot more women for me!

seriously though, a blast wont effect you badly at all- you will always default to your standard TRT dose- just ensure you up the calories to fuel the growth and ensure you dont have bloodtests coming too soon or you may rise eyebrows at the dr's office.

im not sure if you will lose the gains you make- its all dependant upon your default trt levels and food intake so- keep it real and dont expect anything drmatic unless you blast cruise constantly.

once a year should be an issue -especially getting ready for summer months.
    lovbyts likes this.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I can't say if this changes with age, other members will have to chime in on that as I'm in my mid 30's right now. But, I've had blood work done pre,mid,and post blast and nothing changed other than hematocrit rising a few points. As long as your sticking to test only and not introducing other compounds, the health risks of a blast are quite minimal. You'll have to up your AI a bit and it would also be a good idea to donate blood toward the middle or end of the blast. It would be even better if you know your pre-blast hematocrit but if that's not available you should be fine with a donation. ( not sure if donation is a problem...depends how honest you are with questions and that's up to you) For a blast just follow the first cycle how-to that is posted in the steroid Q and A section and just ignore the pct part of it. If you train and eat accordingly, you can make substantial gains on a blast and probably keep almost all of it as long as you continue eating and training properly to maintain the new mass.

BigMan65 is offline Associate Member
    stupid question, what is a blast?

Blast is basically just a cycle while on TRT. Consider regualr trt dose as cruising and a blast would be blasting that testosterone dose up to a cycle level.

TRT does of test - 50mg - 200mg test per week
    Blast - 500 mg or so of test

shouldnt a 60 yr be able to say "look here doc, when the test is up i feel good, when the test is low i feel bad,.... lets kick it up a notch, we've got some room between us and the ceiling havent we" has he not earned the right to request this? those pain killer nuts do it all the time.

Edit: of course the answer is the blood work dictates results, i dont know why i asked that.
    Last edited by BigMan65; 03-04-2015 at 04:36 PM.

SweepTheLegJohnny is offline Junior Member
    Honestly, try a mini blast with some Anavar if you're on the fence.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 17chester6 View Post
    Am I crazy to rock the boat and I should just work harder in the gym? Would a blast deliver gains that would make it worth the risk? I have yet to research the relevant part of the forum in regards to blasting as I think that I can get a good response from the knowledgeable members on this TRT forum.
    Unless you have optimized your diet and workout routine, I wouldn't bother. Another thing to think about is body fat percentage; if your BF% is greater than 15%, odds are you will Aromatase more causing more E2 problems.

At age 56, after 40 years of lifting, I had one of my best years ever after I had radically changed my diet. And that was a year before I started TRT! Since starting TRT, I feel like I have continued to improve daily.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65 View Post
    stupid question, what is a blast?
    member of this site since 2005- what have you been doing for the last 9 years!? lol

oh and by the way- dont PM me, im not a girl and that avatar is not me. my name is Simon in case the nickname didint give it away.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by simon1972 View Post
    member of this site since 2005- what have you been doing for the last 9 years!? Lol

oh and by the way- dont pm me, im not a girl and that avatar is not me. My name is simon in case the nickname didint give it away.
    lmao!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    member of this site since 2005- what have you been doing for the last 9 years!? lol

oh and by the way- dont PM me, im not a girl and that avatar is not me. my name is Simon in case the nickname didint give it away.
    crazy it has been that long i know

oops, sorry about that, from your post i just thought it sounded kind of feminine, thought maybe it was french, pronounced "Seemoan"

just in case it might help..... you do realise you come off as an impolite asshole right? at least in that one post anyway.....by that i mean you could have completely ignored the harmless PM which simply questioned: "Are you a girl?"

dont try to make me seem like an oddball......i can do that just fine on my own
    Last edited by BigMan65; 03-05-2015 at 08:14 AM.

17chester6 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo View Post
    Unless you have optimized your diet and workout routine, I wouldn't bother. Another thing to think about is body fat percentage; if your BF% is greater than 15%, odds are you will Aromatase more causing more E2 problems.

At age 56, after 40 years of lifting, I had one of my best years ever after I had radically changed my diet. And that was a year before I started TRT! Since starting TRT, I feel like I have continued to improve daily.
    Thanks for the useful input. The overall consensus is to optimize my diet and workout routine. At 6' 1'' and 180 pounds I'm about 12% body fat (the electronic scale says 10% but looking at pics of others I would say 12%) and I am very susceptible to carbs. I've been to the diet forum and done some reading and I will increase my calories from about 2600 to 3000 and keep at the compound exercises. I will keep the protein high but substitute more fats for the carbs as I am susceptible to getting a carb spare tire.

The advise was very helpful guys. Thanks!

Keep us in the loop, would be good to hear about the progress you are going to make.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan65 View Post
    crazy it has been that long i know

oops, sorry about that, from your post i just thought it sounded kind of feminine, thought maybe it was french, pronounced "Seemoan"

just in case it might help..... you do realise you come off as an impolite asshole right? at least in that one post anyway.....by that i mean you could have completely ignored the harmless PM which simply questioned: "Are you a girl?"

dont try to make me seem like an oddball......i can do that just fine on my own
    Point taken, to be fair I was going to answer your question about "what is a blast" and then I realized you were a veteran of 10 years. So I was surprised you were asking me with only 3 years on these boards.
    As far as calling you out for hiting on me by sending me pm's asking if I was " a girl", a cursory view of my profile would have given you that information, saving embarrassment.
    I certainly hope you don't proposition the female members here in the same direct unsolicited manner.
    Because quite frankly it makes you look like an "impolite asshole"
    Peace out brother.
    Last edited by Simon1972; 03-07-2015 at 03:16 PM.

sparverius is offline Junior Member
    You're already feeling good, looking good and getting lots of action. Why **** it up?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    i encourage more men to turn gay- leaves alot more women for me!

seriously though, a blast wont effect you badly at all- you will always default to your standard TRT dose- just ensure you up the calories to fuel the growth and ensure you dont have bloodtests coming too soon or you may rise eyebrows at the dr's office.

im not sure if you will lose the gains you make- its all dependant upon your default trt levels and food intake so- keep it real and dont expect anything drmatic unless you blast cruise constantly.

once a year should be an issue -especially getting ready for summer months.
    I think you stole that line from me. lol

OP, One of the reasons you have not read much about being gay is because as said, it's neigher here or there. we have several very active gay members why are outspoken about their sexuality and I'm sure a lot more who just dont bother to bring it up because it really doesn't mater.

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure you will be an inspiration to many. Feeling good/great is always a plus at any age but especially at middle age like yourself.

I also agree, you need to make sure your nutrition/diet is in check before blasting or you will loose any gains as quick as you make them but if you do get your diet worked out you should be able to maintian most of your gains after your cycle.

For your first blast I suggest just doubling your TRT dose or a little more and see how that works for you. No need to go crazy because it only increases the risk of things like high E2. If that works for you then just stick with it a do a blast once or twice a year and increase your dose a little if needed.

An AI is definatly a must while blasting unless you have blood work that shows your sensitive E2 is within range without it. If you are blasting only 250mg a week then you might get away with out AI but still it's better safe than sorry. Getting bitch tits are your age would not be much fun. lol

Best of luck

Thread Information