Thread: Injection site

OILman10 is offline New Member

Injection site

Been on Cypionate now for 5 weeks, I alternate weekly injections from left thigh to right thigh. I am sore for a couple of days. Question is, over time how will the thighs hold up to this continuous pinning? Will there be scare tissue, etc. The butt his hard to get to.

Is anyone administering SubQ?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OILman10 View Post
    Been on Cypionate now for 5 weeks, I alternate weekly injections from left thigh to right thigh. I am sore for a couple of days. Question is, over time how will the thighs hold up to this continuous pinning? Will there be scare tissue, etc. The butt his hard to get to.

Is anyone administering SubQ?
    Lots of guys do subq . I alternate between subq and I in the glutes.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I don't do sub q, but I alternate delts, quads, and glutes. With glutes, stay high in the upper outer quadrant (almost in hip but not quite) and you can angle the pin in just a little from the side to give better reach. I stand in front of a mirror as well.

Duo
    Duo is offline Associate Member
    Anyone tried the bicep?

Quote Originally Posted by Duo
    Anyone tried the bicep?
    People do inject in the bicep but...
    I see absolutely no reason to do so if one is doing two or less injections per week.
    Quads, glutes, delts, pecs, tris, ... So many options.

Plus with TRT if you are doing .5cc or less you can always do subQ.

OILman10 is offline New Member
    With a 200mg injection (1ml), can I split the injection .5ml in one SubQ shot and the other .5ml in another spot. Also, what size needle do you guys use for Cypianate SubQ injection?

Quote Originally Posted by OILman10
    With a 200mg injection (1ml), can I split the injection .5ml in one SubQ shot and the other .5ml in another spot. Also, what size needle do you guys use for Cypianate SubQ injection?
    Yes you can split it.
    Many here do twice a week vs once a week also. More stable levels.
    I use 27G 0.5" needle for sub Q.

For subQ I use 27 or 29 gauge, IM 23 gauge 1.5". I don't know why anyone would pin in quads or delts, I'm a pretty big guy and have now problem whatsoever pinning in the glute. But to each his own, what ever works for you.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    For SQ injections I use a BD Ultra-Fine II insulin syringe with a 30g 5/16" needle. Works very well.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    `go the SUBQ!!

you may need to adjust dosaages, dependant upon how your body reacts to the new site- but once dialled in you will find life a hell of alot easier.

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    B,

I use 25 one inch in the delts, doesn't get any easier than this, you should give it a try. Anyone thinking you are not going deep enough, non-sense, blood work does not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99 View Post
    B,

I use 25 one inch in the delts, doesn't get any easier than this, you should give it a try. Anyone thinking you are not going deep enough, non-sense, blood work does not lie.
    You might find this funny but I much rather pin in the glutes rather than the delt, I'm afraid of that. I know I know let's hear it. Lol

mrdth is offline New Member
    25 5/8 in the delts has been working great for me. I started with same sz pins in the glutes at first because this is what I was told to do by my doc. But I switched because everyone seems to use at least 1.5 inch for that location. I'm not sure if I can push that size harpoon in kind of freaks me out but I would like to rotate sites more often.

johnny the blade is offline Junior Member
    I recently switched to 25g 5/8" and rotate between both delts. Drawing and injecting are a breeze.

FakeLove is offline Junior Member
    If doing IM the ventrogluteal area is super easy to reach, and virtually painless since there's no nerves in the area. Also no major veins. 22g x 1 1/2 needle works fine there.

Duo
    Duo is offline Associate Member
    I use delts and glutes, PIP in the glutes is a killer thou..

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdth View Post
    25 5/8 in the delts has been working great for me. I started with same sz pins in the glutes at first because this is what I was told to do by my doc. But I switched because everyone seems to use at least 1.5 inch for that location. I'm not sure if I can push that size harpoon in kind of freaks me out but I would like to rotate sites more often.
    25g 1" works for me for all sites (delts/glutes/quads).

Thread Information