acambra2 is offline New Member

Question on upping dosage

Got prescribed 100mg/wk of Test C, I pin every Saturday. I also have a pretty good amount of Test E, non-prescription, as a backup. In order to bump my levels up a little higher, I'd like to start pinning 100mg of the Test E on Wednesday, along with my actualy TRT dose of Cyp on Saturdays. Is there anything wrong with this? I've been on TRT for 6 weeks. My strength in the gym is very slowly increasing, libido has made a small return, but I'd really like to get my levels up a little higher.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I know its tempting, but don't mess with your trt protocol. Right now you want to be following everything per Dr orders so they can make proper adjustments to your trt dose as needed when blood work is done. If you want to cycle down the road once your dialed in that's up to you, but general rule is wait at least a year on trt before doing that.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I suggest you stick to your current protocol for now. Your dr will probably want to run labs often to get your treatment dialed in and if you do not still to his program he won't be able to get your dose dialed in

wicked442 is offline Associate Member
    Im on trt as well. 100mg cyp per week. My doc is on a 2 week pin schedule. I told him this is out of date protocal,so he said do it how I would like. The 1st vile I did every 2 weeks and my test was 405. The next I did every week,test was 687. Now I started twice per week (50mg each pin). I will go back for bw in 2 months. I am willing to bet I will be in the 700s. Does this make sense that I would have this type of increase just pinning more? Sorry to hijack thread.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked442
    Im on trt as well. 100mg cyp per week. My doc is on a 2 week pin schedule. I told him this is out of date protocal,so he said do it how I would like. The 1st vile I did every 2 weeks and my test was 405. The next I did every week,test was 687. Now I started twice per week (50mg each pin). I will go back for bw in 2 months. I am willing to bet I will be in the 700s. Does this make sense that I would have this type of increase just pinning more? Sorry to hijack thread.
    you should just start your own thread brother

wicked442 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    you should just start your own thread brother
    Done

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    You should start low and titrate slowly.

Think of upping your dose as throwing pebbles in a pond; just as it takes time for the ripples on the pond to subside, it takes time for the body to get used to different levels. There is a cascade of hormones impacted by Testosterone and hCG , and it just takes time.

Jackrabbiting around will just make things more difficult for you and your doctor.

Stick to the plan and you'll get there. It might take six months, or it might take a year. Trust the process and you'll get there.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's not wise to "up" your dose after only 6 weeks. Especially considering this is a life-long commitment. OP needs to be dialed in for at least a year to see how treatment affects you. Any changes need to be discussed & adjusted with the knowledge of your Doc. You should also realize that as a 'new' TRT patient taking a Schedule III Drug you're likely on an (unwritten) newbie-probationary-period with your Doc. Meaning if you come back with skewed blood values this early in your treatment, he or she will likely eject you from their practice for being a knucklehead.

Granted, if you want to play with dosing down the road at least get dialed-in & educate yourself before doing so...

Thread Information