Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ppwc1985

Thread: Thoughts on what dr says??

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member

Thoughts on what dr says??

I been on TRT for over two years. Before trt, at my physicals my ekgs were always normal. After trt last year my ekg was abnormal.
    They did an ultra sound on my heart and it was fine. This year my ekg was worse, so they are having me do a stress test. My dr also wants me to stop the testosterone for the time being. I don't agree, but I have stopped for two weeks now. Stress test is this week.
    Anyone ever have this happen after starting trt?
    Thoughts?

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Do you have any information about your EKG other than it being "abnormal"? EKGs are extremely complex so that's a really broad description.

Will you be doing a stress echo? Or just a stress test?

Have your hormone labs looked good/normal while you've been on TRT? Any other pertinent medical history?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur
    Do you have any information about your EKG other than it being "abnormal"? EKGs are extremely complex so that's a really broad description. Will you be doing a stress echo? Or just a stress test? Have your hormone labs looked good/normal while you've been on TRT? Any other pertinent medical history?
    Idk really, that's all I was told. Idk on the stress test yet. Going in this week. Bloods have been good, besides cholesterol which I am on meds now. Iron was low on this one, but I have blood on Sunday and did test on Friday. Test was in the high 900, usually 7-800. But did the bw a day early.

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppwc1985 View Post
    Idk really, that's all I was told. Idk on the stress test yet. Going in this week. Bloods have been good, besides cholesterol which I am on meds now. Iron was low on this one, but I have blood on Sunday and did test on Friday. Test was in the high 900, usually 7-800. But did the bw a day early.

Hmm, I guess it's just a matter of waiting to see what your follow up tests reveal, if anything.

There are many abnormalities that can be found on EKGs which end up being completely benign. Hopefully that's the case here.

Stress test came back as I have some blockage. Blaming it on testosterone . Just read a study yesterday from mayo clinic that says FDA jumped the gun. Says there are no study's to support that testosterone causes cardiovascular disease, just the opposite. Taking me off TRT for the present time.

Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hopefully you don't have one of those doctors that's going to blame testosterone no matter what and refuse to look at anything else because you're on testosterone. I've dealt with that myself once.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalject
    Hopefully you don't have one of those doctors that's going to blame testosterone no matter what and refuse to look at anything else because you're on testosterone. I've dealt with that myself once.
    it's just aggravating, one thing is before trt never had abnormal ekg, and now for second year in a row I have. So what does this mean for? Trt affects everyone different, so maybe it's not good for me. Idk, kinda at a loss right now.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I agree. And this is also ridiculous. Everyone knows that blockages aren't caused by testosterone ... They're caused by too much sex.

Kidding aside, we all know the benefits of TRT and I feel it's unkind and unwise to ask you to stop treatment. Do you have another physician that may be able to help you out?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox
    I agree. And this is also ridiculous. Everyone knows that blockages aren't caused by testosterone ... They're caused by too much sex. Kidding aside, we all know the benefits of TRT and I feel it's unkind and unwise to ask you to stop treatment. Do you have another physician that may be able to help you out?
    Went to see cardiologist today, I asked him about it and he said it's fine for replacement doses. He does believe in larger cycle doses that it's not the best thing for your heart. I'm gonna talk to my primary tommorow about it.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information