Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jimmyinkedup
  • 1 Post By APIs
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Daily Cialis script granted, where should I have script sent?

  1. #1
    LFH40's Avatar
    LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    262

    Daily Cialis script granted, where should I have script sent?

    I have been on TRT for a year and a half due to pituitary tumor. I take .25ml twice per week via sub q injection and 250iu of hCG twice per week. I have been having massive erectile difficulties for quite some time. We have played with the AI and I've gone up, down and at brief points hovered around the "sweet spot." Even at the sweet spot, I have trouble maintaining. I do my TRT through the site sponsor, who has been great. It was brought up to me to inquire about daily Cialis. I brought it up to my doctor after discussing the situation that has been ongoing.

    This brings me to my question. My doctor got back to me telling me he wants me to try Cialis for daily use. He asked me where I want the script sent. This is where I am clueless. I have no idea what this is going to set me back? I'm not opposed to generic and I'm not certain I want to try research chemicals. I can order from Walgreens or CVS, however I'm certain that it's at an enormous cost even with insurance if it would cover it. Do I have options? I do not have a hard copy script from my doctor, as he said he would call it in.

    Has anyone experienced this? I am not sure if it has to be name brand or could it be generic? He didn't discuss what dose he would put me on as it was all done via email through the site sponsor.

    Please can anyone help? I'm lost with this and I really want to get going. It has been 9 months since my wife and I were able to have sex. If I don't take care of this I don't know how much longer she's going to put up with this, lol. (Sort of kidding. We are married 5 years and have a toddler, she's not going anywhere, but we DO need to rectify this issue asap.)

  2. #2
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    I dont know what to tell you as far as a pharmacy to use but I will say this. Arr cia is awesome and the cost is so damn cheap for daily use it is unreal. I take 3mg/day and it seems like its gonna last a freaking year. I think with the sale and stuff the last bottle i bought was like $40-50 or something. Of course pharma is great especially if you can get it reasonable but I like the liquid because I was able to tweek my dose till it works exactly like I want man. I could never accurately dose 3mg with a tab but with the liquid its easy & was easy to mess with doses till I found the sweet spot.
    LFH40 likes this.

  3. #3
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Your insurance will not cover it for daily ED use. The only way it can be covered is if your Doc gets prior approval from your insurance to cover it for treating signs of BPH. But even then they will try and deny coverage. I had it covered when I was with Oxford, but when I switched to Cigna they have continually denied to cover it. I would call your script dept and ask them if it can get covered for BPH. Good luck...
    LFH40 likes this.

  4. #4
    LFH40's Avatar
    LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    262
    Ok, I read a lot of guys using 10mg for daily. Doc just told me on the phone that daily use is only 5mg. So he's going to write the script for 5mg and he's using a coupon so I get a month trial for free. But going forward, I'm really wondering how to go about getting it. I could get it where I get my test at a compounding pharmacy, but it's $30 or $70 per month depending on whether your script is for 3mg or 7mg(they're a compounding pharmacy and that's the two varying strengths for daily use.)

    Is 5mg even enough to do the trick? Doc was saying he could prescribe Viagra in addition to the daily C for the days I will have sex, but with a toddler waking up at night for various reasons, I don't want to waste the money because sex is spontaneous, we don't and can't plan it.

    I don't even know if my doctor would fax an order to an Indian pharmacy or not. This crap is super expensive! Is liquid C still tadalifil? I'm nervous about stuff that isn't regulated.

  5. #5
    kewe is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40 View Post
    Ok, I read a lot of guys using 10mg for daily. Doc just told me on the phone that daily use is only 5mg. So he's going to write the script for 5mg and he's using a coupon so I get a month trial for free. But going forward, I'm really wondering how to go about getting it. I could get it where I get my test at a compounding pharmacy, but it's $30 or $70 per month depending on whether your script is for 3mg or 7mg(they're a compounding pharmacy and that's the two varying strengths for daily use.)

    Is 5mg even enough to do the trick? Doc was saying he could prescribe Viagra in addition to the daily C for the days I will have sex, but with a toddler waking up at night for various reasons, I don't want to waste the money because sex is spontaneous, we don't and can't plan it.

    I don't even know if my doctor would fax an order to an Indian pharmacy or not. This crap is super expensive! Is liquid C still tadalifil? I'm nervous about stuff that isn't regulated.
    My old insurance covered daily use of 5mg with no problem - was about $55 a month - my new insurance wont cover it now! I ordered from AR-r and using it now but will buy from a highly recommended place in India when my AR-R has ended. PM for the site name

  6. #6
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40 View Post
    Ok, I read a lot of guys using 10mg for daily. Doc just told me on the phone that daily use is only 5mg. So he's going to write the script for 5mg and he's using a coupon so I get a month trial for free. But going forward, I'm really wondering how to go about getting it. I could get it where I get my test at a compounding pharmacy, but it's $30 or $70 per month depending on whether your script is for 3mg or 7mg(they're a compounding pharmacy and that's the two varying strengths for daily use.)

    Is 5mg even enough to do the trick? Doc was saying he could prescribe Viagra in addition to the daily C for the days I will have sex, but with a toddler waking up at night for various reasons, I don't want to waste the money because sex is spontaneous, we don't and can't plan it.

    I don't even know if my doctor would fax an order to an Indian pharmacy or not. This crap is super expensive! Is liquid C still tadalifil? I'm nervous about stuff that isn't regulated.

    Lol definitely do not ask your doctor to send your prescription to an Indian pharmacy.

    Your options are places like CVS, Walgreens, Costco, etc.

    There is no generic available for Cialis yet, so the cost is going to be on the higher side. Your insurance plan will dictate how much it'll cost you.

  7. #7
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    Lol definitely do not ask your doctor to send your prescription to an Indian pharmacy.

    Your options are places like CVS, Walgreens, Costco, etc.

    There is no generic available for Cialis yet, so the cost is going to be on the higher side. Your insurance plan will dictate how much it'll cost you.
    There is no generic at a place like Walgreens or CVS but most compounding pharmacies make their own line.

  8. #8
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    LFH40 if you're going to use the daily and have to pay for it, go to goodrx.com and get a coupon. They will show the lowest prices in your area. I don't think a compounding pharmacy in the U.S. would risk compounding a patented drug. You can pm me and I can give you another source. If you're going to go with the script, goodrx.com is the way to go.

  9. #9
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    There is no generic at a place like Walgreens or CVS but most compounding pharmacies make their own line.
    Ah yes, I didn't even think about the compounded route. I didn't even know that compounding pharmacies offered ED meds, but it makes sense. I've just never heard of anybody using them.

  10. #10
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    Ah yes, I didn't even think about the compounded route. I didn't even know that compounding pharmacies offered ED meds, but it makes sense. I've just never heard of anybody using them.

    Yep, most all of them offer some form of Tadalafil, Sildenafil, Vardenafil, Papaverine, TriMix, etc.

  11. #11
    Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    North Central U.S
    Posts
    1,318
    Liquid Cia from Arr site sponsor works great and is affordable like Jimmyin said using it in moderate dose, a bottle will last a long time.

  12. #12
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Yep, most all of them offer some form of Tadalafil, Sildenafil, Vardenafil, Papaverine, TriMix, etc.
    Interesting.

    How do the big drug companies feel about compounding pharmacies selling medications that compete with their own? Not just ED meds, but any med.

    I'm guessing that they don't approve of compounding medications, but how is it that compounding pharmacies have been able to operate for so long?

    With the amount of power that big pharma possesses, I'd think that they'd be able to push these places out of business through legislation if they really wanted to.

    What am I missing here?

    I'm sure it's a complicated issue, but if you've got a brief synopsis I'd be curious to hear it.

  13. #13
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    Interesting.

    How do the big drug companies feel about compounding pharmacies selling medications that compete with their own? Not just ED meds, but any med.

    I'm guessing that they don't approve of compounding medications, but how is it that compounding pharmacies have been able to operate for so long?

    With the amount of power that big pharma possesses, I'd think that they'd be able to push these places out of business through legislation if they really wanted to.

    What am I missing here?

    I'm sure it's a complicated issue, but if you've got a brief synopsis I'd be curious to hear it.
    Big pharma in a general sense hates compounding pharmacies even though compounding pharmacies only make about 5-10% of the total pharmaceutical profit. Even so, it's enough for them to be hated, and you're right, new laws and regulations are passed constantly in an effort to drive compounding pharmacies out of business.

    The problem is the revolving door. The FDA is comprised of big pharma folks and they simply continuously swap places/seats. You would think something like that would be against the law but it's not.

    Interesting side note, the big pharmaceutical companies will contract out compounding pharmacies to manufacture some of their medications. So while you might be buying a name brand, there's a chance it was made in the same clean room as the generic compound brand by the same pharmacist using the same tools. Why do they do this? Because it saves them money, although they'd still rather shut them down altogether as that would save them even more money.

    As far as making a medication, the way compounding pharmacies get around this is by making a slight alteration to the medication. For example, if big pharma uses grapeseed oil for a particular testosterone , the compounding pharmacy might use sesame seed. Or the compounding pharmacy might change the strength to 210mg/ml or they might add a few mg of zinc to all their testosterone - they'll simply do one or two things that make it unique.

    Currently, there are new regulations on the table that will prevent any pharmacy from dispensing more than 90 days of testosterone to any patient for any reason. So for a 10ml bottle to be prescribed, your RX would have to be over 150mg per week. If it's less, you're going to receive one 4-5ml bottle at a time. If this goes through, it will increase cost significantly. If and when it does is hard to say, could be in the next three months or two years. However, some compounding pharmacies are already planning on it in order to avoid possible problems, fines and government heat down the road.

  14. #14
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Interesting low t, so I could get a script for daily cialis and take it to a compounding pharmacy and basically have a generic cialis made for me?

  15. #15
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Interesting low t, so I could get a script for daily cialis and take it to a compounding pharmacy and basically have a generic cialis made for me?

    That is correct. The strength options will be different than the brand name Cialis, and the fillers (inactive ingredients) will be different - this is how they're able to make it. But the same drug, Tadalafil is used, in that there is zero difference. And it will almost always be cheaper than name brand.

  16. #16
    Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    352
    Thanks for the detailed response LT.

  17. #17
    LFH40's Avatar
    LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    Thanks for the detailed response LT.
    Ditto! I got my free 39 day trial today from Walgreens after the doc wrote the script. 5mg daily. I'm ordered the AR-R stuff as well until I decide on an overseas pharmacy. I was given some great info by a couple very good members here. So until my rat depletes the liquid cia, I'll hold off on the ordering of pill form. I have two places recommended by a couple people, but the liquid, man I just couldn't beat the price.

    Is there a build up time frame for daily C? I took it about 2 hours ago and notice a fuller flaccid, but so far that's about it. I surmise there's a bit of a build up time frame for more to get into your system before you really start to respond to it. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon from 5mg lol.

  18. #18
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by LFH40 View Post
    Ditto! I got my free 39 day trial today from Walgreens after the doc wrote the script. 5mg daily. I'm ordered the AR-R stuff as well until I decide on an overseas pharmacy. I was given some great info by a couple very good members here. So until my rat depletes the liquid cia, I'll hold off on the ordering of pill form. I have two places recommended by a couple people, but the liquid, man I just couldn't beat the price.

    Is there a build up time frame for daily C? I took it about 2 hours ago and notice a fuller flaccid, but so far that's about it. I surmise there's a bit of a build up time frame for more to get into your system before you really start to respond to it. Maybe I'm expecting too much too soon from 5mg lol.
    That doesn't work right away. It takes a few days to build up. You'll feel it.

  19. #19
    bartman314's Avatar
    bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    boston
    Posts
    788
    first... really nice thread - i learned a bunch.

    one other thought for the op. if it's just erectile dysfunction, there are other options (viagra + knock offs and stendra + knock offs). i've used all and they each have their role. the big benefit of daily cialis in my view is systemic and continuous vascodilation. anything that improves blood flow is good in my view. it further turns out that daily cialis is prescribed for some heart conditions for this very reason.

    i take 2x20 mg/day purchased from international pharmacy (if you pm me we can compare notes).

  20. #20
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    first... really nice thread - i learned a bunch.

    one other thought for the op. if it's just erectile dysfunction, there are other options (viagra + knock offs and stendra + knock offs). i've used all and they each have their role. the big benefit of daily cialis in my view is systemic and continuous vascodilation. anything that improves blood flow is good in my view. it further turns out that daily cialis is prescribed for some heart conditions for this very reason.

    i take 2x20 mg/day purchased from international pharmacy (if you pm me we can compare notes).
    2x20 mg/day? 40 mg a day?

  21. #21
    LFH40's Avatar
    LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    2x20 mg/day? 40 mg a day?
    Today will be day 3 on my 5mg daily Cialis trial month (free voucher from Dr.). It took about two hours and I noticed a bit of a "stirring" down there when I saw some pics online of a hot fitness model with a nice rack and butt. Nothing mind blowing, but more than what has been going on down there as of late based solely on thought. (No manual stim
    Yesterday had another 5mg at noon and went for a haircut. Day dreaming on the drive home and spontaneous erections occurred. Again, just on thought alone. Still too early to introduce this to the wife, so tried to see what would happen on a "solo" mission last night and it worked pretty great. Not diamond cutter Viagra erections, but sufficient. Went to bed and had sexual dreams last night for the first time in a long while. Unfortunately our toddler must have had a bad dream and woke us up about 3am right when the dream was getting good. Oh well. Went back to sleep and if I remember correctly, woke up to use the bathroom and had a super stiff one and had to angle it down to take a leak so it would hit the bowl lol. Been a long time and it feels good that it looks like it's starting to work the way it used to.

    So I guess I have about 10mg in my system now. Not sure how long it takes for the previous 5mg to dissipate from my system, but I like the idea that it's constantly in my system so I'm ready at the moment and also that when I see an appealing woman, there's at least an inkling of a physical reaction. I never lost my interest, but it may as well not even have been there as nothing would happen down below. Frustrating. Not that I would want to walk around with wood all day, but at least i know I'm alive and something is happening downstairs.

    Is there a ramp up or loading period withow dose daily Cialis? I think it's working, but wondering if the best is yet to come? I'm waiting on a shipment from AR-R , for liquid Cia, so I can adjust dosage if need be. I'll give that a try before maybe trying piles again. I don't think my doc will write a letter of necessity and I can't afford my co-pay in addition to trt and my regular PPO bills for my family, so I have to go the liquid or overseas route.

    This could be a life saver and a marriage saver.

  22. #22
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Just an important thing to remember, Cialis won't work without stimulation - it won't create a random erection for no reason, you still have to be sexually stimulated in one way or another. And that's really all that matters, being stimulated when you need it to be. If you're expecting to be walking around with a boner all day long, well that's called Trimix.

  23. #23
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
    first... really nice thread - i learned a bunch.

    one other thought for the op. if it's just erectile dysfunction, there are other options (viagra + knock offs and stendra + knock offs). i've used all and they each have their role. the big benefit of daily cialis in my view is systemic and continuous vascodilation. anything that improves blood flow is good in my view. it further turns out that daily cialis is prescribed for some heart conditions for this very reason.

    i take 2x20 mg/day purchased from international pharmacy (if you pm me we can compare notes).
    Not a good idea if you're doing that daily. If you are, one day you'll get chest pains & think you're having a heart-attack...

  24. #24
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    Just an important thing to remember, Cialis won't work without stimulation - it won't create a random erection for no reason, you still have to be sexually stimulated in one way or another. And that's really all that matters, being stimulated when you need it to be. If you're expecting to be walking around with a boner all day long, well that's called Trimix.
    Exactly. It's not an aphrodisiac. If you want that try PT-141. Or if you can handle an insulin needle in your weiner trimix will bring things to attention quite rapidly....
    LFH40 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  25. #25
    LFH40's Avatar
    LFH40 is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Exactly. It's not an aphrodisiac. If you want that try PT-141. Or if you can handle an insulin needle in your weiner trimix will bring things to attention quite rapidly....
    I know it's not an aphrodisiac, I am a naturally horny guy. Lol. I hear guys on here saying they take daily c and are in a state of semi arousal lol day long. I guess I was expecting that. Lol. But- I know what half my issue is. I think it's the e2. I wrote in another thread so I won't go into detail since it doesn't really fit here, but my e2 is in the low 70s... Up from 39 in September with discontinued AI....yikes.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •