SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member

TRT blast question

(40 years old. 6'3" 220 lbs 12% BF 4 or 5 test only cycles in the past).

I'm a relatively new TRT patient...started off at total test of 450 but free test of only 2.5. Started on 100 mgs of cyp weekly and went up to about 900. Was doing great but petered out on libido. Got bumped to 150 mgs weekly but went up over 1600 and my doc wasn't comfortable with me there (felt great!). Now I'm on 125 a week and am doing good and don't have labs until 7/29. Like a dummy (couldn't resist the temptation) on 4/1 I decided to run a 12 week blast of 400 mgs a week (100x2). I'm due to finish on 6/21 and have labs on 7/29. So about 5 weeks time from end of cycle to labs. My questions is this...is this to close of turnaround from cycle to labs to get back in the 1100-1200 range (my doc is good with me there)? Or am I potentially screwing up a good thing with a good doc? The 125 has made a uge difference in terms of libido and sex drive and really given me some energy back. I just know what test can do and decided if I could put on 10 lbs of lean muscle then why not? I've tried some of the calculators and done some reading...but my bro-science sucks. Any thoughts, advice, options would be greatly appreciated. Should also mention I'm taking 500 I.U. of hcg 2 x a week. Also, if I continue to run this...should I pick back up on 125 mgs the following week? I may consider doing a private lab too but thought is at least get some input from the good folks of this community.

Thanks,

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    5 weeks should be plenty, but why not stop 1 week earlier to make sure?

Typically we suggest being on trt for a year prior to blasting. Just so you know you're dialed in

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    5 weeks should be plenty, but why not stop 1 week earlier to make sure?

Typically we suggest being on trt for a year prior to blasting. Just so you know you're dialed in
    Makes sense to wait a year, can't deny I jumped the gun at 6 months (have a big surplus that was calling my name). No reason I can't run it 11 weeks (just programmed to go 12). Doubt the missing week will make a huge difference? So after week 11 I just pick back up on 125, correct? Any idea how guys come up with the 1/2 life calculator? Or is that not accurate?

Appreciate the reply...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes just go back to your TRT dose. I would to add though if you are at the top of the range there is a good chance eventually you will start to feel like crap again. I have personally known a few people who did this and they did not feel right until they dropped down to around 600 level of test for about 1 month. The good ole saying, more is not better. A few people can get away with it but not most even though most every one feels better for a while running more.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Yes just go back to your TRT dose. I would to add though if you are at the top of the range there is a good chance eventually you will start to feel like crap again. I have personally known a few people who did this and they did not feel right until they dropped down to around 600 level of test for about 1 month. The good ole saying, more is not better. A few people can get away with it but not most even though most every one feels better for a while running more.
    Hoping to clarify something lovbyts....do you mean drop down to 600 while bridging back down to my trt levels and staying there or are you saying shoot for that 600 threshold while on trt dose? (My doc is all about the free test number being my better indicator...at the 1100 total range my free test was around 18). I can say when I bumped to 150 weekly and I got up to the 1600 range for about a month...libido was great, but definitely held more water which I'm not a fan of and felt puffier and had some issues with arms falling asleep and some minor sleep disturbances...similar to the sides I get while cycling. Hoping 125 is my sweet spot (which is probably another reason I should've waited longer to cycle).

Thanks again, cheers

Thread Information