Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By APIs

Thread: Switching from andro gel to test cyp ?

djgreen is offline Senior Member

Switching from andro gel to test cyp ?

My dad has low body fat, is 45, has low T and has been using pharma androgel for a while and he decided he wants to switch to injections, so he told his doc and he was sent for BW and it came back with T levels at 720 so his doc said no. So what is the best way to switch him from the gel to 250-300 mg of test c? just for a 15 week cycle not long term he will prob go back on gel after PCT, should he start injections whenever or wait till andro gel wears off

Quote Originally Posted by djgreen
    My dad has low body fat, is 45, has low T and has been using pharma androgel for a while and he decided he wants to switch to injections, so he told his doc and he was sent for BW and it came back with T levels at 720 so his doc said no. So what is the best way to switch him from the gel to 250-300 mg of test c? just for a 15 week cycle not long term he will prob go back on gel after PCT, should he start injections whenever or wait till andro gel wears off
    Someone on TRT does not run a PCT after a blast.
    As far as his blast goes he could start taking the test and after one week stop taking the androgel .
    A week after his last injection he could start taking the androgel again.

Please have HIM read the first cycle sticky.

Also, he should consider opening his own account on this forum.

he wants to up the dose so he can gain muscle because it is hard for him to gain muscle at his age and condition after he is done with the injections can he just switch to the gel?

I told him to sign up and do some reading he will eventually

so a week before first injection how long after last injection should he wait till he starts gel again?

In the first week, he should take both the androgel and the injections.
    At the end he will go a week without the androgel or injection.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    he can start androgel within a week of his last pin-

his levels will eventually stabilise once the test c leaves his body and default to androgel levels ( 700ish)

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djgreen View Post
    he wants to up the dose so he can gain muscle because it is hard for him to gain muscle at his age and condition after he is done with the injections can he just switch to the gel?
    LOL, I'm pushing 50 & so are many here. Your Dad does not need 300 mgs Test Cyp per week to gain muscle. He needs to learn correct TRT protocol, diet & training. In that specific order. No offense, but he's obviously lacking. Tell him he needs to stop relying on his Son for advice & join the forum himself. With a little work on his part, he'll get pointed in the right direction...
    Last edited by APIs; 04-16-2015 at 08:15 AM.
    ngtmarpete and OingoBoingo like this.

ngtmarpete is offline Junior Member
    Great advice from API!

Tell your dad to do some research. I was making gains even before my TRT protocol was dialed in, with a free test levels only at 480! Everything needs to be dialed in and I promise he will see results!

reporich is offline Associate Member
    Agree with above, the old man needs to get off his ass and do his own research!

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    your dad is at 700 and not gaining muscle? im at 500 and making slow steady gains.

looks like your dad wants to blast and cruise- statr test c- lift weights and eat excessive - at 700 he will maintain a big proportion of it. gel up 1 week after last pin and he should be good- but get his diet and training in check- otherwise he is wasting time.
    Last edited by Simon1972; 04-17-2015 at 01:56 AM.

appreciate the advice I have been trying to help his diet and he is starting to come around, I don't do all a everything for him he just don't know the proper way to research the internet yet. He has problems with all the disk in his back and he is just now starting to get in the gym since a long time but he has low bf and a base of muscle to build off of and the doc says he can do it so why not if it gives him an extra mental boost to train hard and eat right, I will get him on here soon before he starts cycle.

Thread Information