Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By OingoBoingo
  • 1 Post By Bio-Active
  • 1 Post By APIs

Thread: TRT/HRT and dating??? What do you do/say?

TRT/HRT and dating??? What do you do/say?

How do you deal with yourh HRT and dating? What / how much do you say and when? Do you tell the truth or hide it? It's a pretty big part of our lives and requires pretty much daily managing, so it's hard to hide... How do you explain it? If at all...
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 04-18-2015 at 07:35 PM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I wouldn't say anything until the relationship becomes more than just dating
    APIs and almostgone like this.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    My trt only requires managing two days a week for about 15 minutes. . Not daily at all.

But to answer, no. Nobody needs to know really, unless you live together, or talking about living together.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Probably about the same time she tells you about her hormone history and medication list. About the same time you consider getting engaged. No reason to bring it up before then IMO.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    I don't bother telling casual flings anything.

Most of my gear is in a locked box in the fridge. If girls start asking questions, I just say it's medicine. If asked why it's locked up, I tell them I want to keep everything clean.

Even the girls lucky enough to hang around don't get told much. The most I say is that it's medicine, and when they see the insulin syringe, they assume it's insulin.

Male Westerners friends that are visiting are different; I don't mind telling them what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo

Most of my gear is in a locked box in the fridge. If girls start asking questions, I just say it's medicine. If asked why it's locked up, I tell them I want to keep everything clean.

Even the girls lucky enough to hang around don't get told much. The most I say is that it's medicine, and when they see the insulin syringe, they assume it's insulin.

Male Westerners friends that are visiting are different; I don't mind telling them what's going on.
    Not to get away from the subject but I wouldn't store your gear in the fridge. It should be stored at room temp away from sunlight
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    Not to get away from the subject but I wouldn't store your gear in the fridge. It should be stored at room temp away from sunlight
    I live just 13 or so degrees from the equator. Room temperature when I'm away would cook everything.

All my meds come with the caution to keep below 30C. When I pick up the Testosterone and hCG at the hospital, they give it to me in a cooler with ice packs. Only way to keep something under 30C is to keep it in the fridge.
    lovbyts likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo View Post

Is there room for mine when I come to visit?

Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo
    I live just 13 or so degrees from the equator. Room temperature when I'm away would cook everything. All my meds come with the caution to keep below 30C. When I pick up the Testosterone and hCG at the hospital, they give it to me in a cooler with ice packs. Only way to keep something under 30C is to keep it in the fridge.
    thats odd my Watson and pitz both say to be stored at or above 68 degrees and I have had test cyp crash many times if it's not warm enough.
    almostgone likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I agree with the others, only when it gets serious enough. I keep my test in the med cabinet. He only thing I keep in the fridge is hcg .

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Is there room for mine when I come to visit?
    Currently lots of room in Pattaya, but may be looking for a smaller, more conveniently located place in May when the lease is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    thats odd my Watson and pitz both say to be stored at or above 68 degrees and I have had test cyp crash many times if it's not warm enough.
    Coming up on the one-year anniversary; no crashing, no crystals, no cloudiness, and no turning into gel.

Only downsides are that I don't like the feeling of injecting something cold, so let the pre-loaded syringe warm to room temperature before injecting. And the plunger action of the syringe is more smooth when not cold.

I've read so much about guys having trouble drawing Testosterone through a small needle that I've been letting it warm before pre-loading; however, I tried it cold last week with a 30g needle and didn't have a problem.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    I agree with the others, only when it gets serious enough. I keep my test in the med cabinet. He only thing I keep in the fridge is hcg.
    LOL, yeah and I'd hide the HCG behind a tub of Land O Lakes butter on the fridge door when I was dating my wife.

But seriously, unless your jacked from TRT & training there's really nothing to discuss when just dating someone.

My Wife said she had her suspicions, but wasnt concerned because I had everything together. Now we're nearing our 50's & she's actually very thankful for my TRT.

The right time & words will come if truly warranted...
    almostgone likes this.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    They can usually tell by the size of my balls something isnt right so i tell them lol

Sounds like you need some hCG in your protocol.

Maxprovust is offline New Member
    Dude, its the best option. Its better rather to hide or show lame excuse.

anabolicsqa is offline New Member
    If your TRT is via transdermal gel (I started with Androgel ), then yes, it's responsible to tell her that, and where on your skin to avoid contact.

Once I hit college, I realized that a whole lot of ppl have their stash of pills (but let's avoid talking about recreational drug use here), or they've got some disorder, e.g. eating disorder.

If you're attracted to each other, and you're just dating, then I don't see why it's necessary to drag the skeletons out of the closet. For example, if she's on antidepressants, I don't need or expect her to tell me that. imho.

Java Man is offline Known Troll
    I wouldn't discuss my meds while dating any more than she would hers. if it became more than dating she would have to accept that I know what I'm doing and I self administer test and other bodybuilding drugs as supplements to my healthy lifestyle. So I would bring it up as soon as it started to get serious to find out if it's worth continuing the effort. not while dating though.

Thread Information