DrApollo is offline New Member

New syringe each time?

My doctor prescribed me to take 200mg of cypionate every 2 weeks. Instead, I am injection 100mg every week. When I picked up the prescription at the pharmacy I got 3 vials (each vial is a dose) and 3 syringes. Well, if I split the dose and toss the syringe each time I'll obviously need to get more. Can I just go back to the pharmacy and ask for more? I didn't know if they'd say no since I'd only be needing them if I was taking the injections in a way other than prescribed. If it is safe to use the syringe a second time I guess that'd eliminate the problem but that just seems a little gross.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Never use a syringe more than once. Go on-line and order them. Also, tell your Doc he can write Code F (depending on your state laws) on the script and you can then get more than 30 days worth of Test Cyp allowing you to purchase a full 10ml vial from the pharmacy. That's insane only allowing you 1ml vials...

Would this Code F work in Oklahoma? Both my wife and I are medical students and have shadowed this physician in his practice so I feel more than awkward asking for controlled substances or questioning his judgement. Is it normal to ask for "Code F" in order to get the full 10ml vial from the pharmacy? Should I ask my doctor or the pharmacist?

Can you suggest a decently priced site to order the syringes? I use Sams Pharmacy-can I just order them online there> Thanks for the quick advice!

Tell him it's way more convenient for you to pick it up once instead of each time

as for syringe i think the site sponsor has it
    Ar-r .com

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EquilibriumZ View Post
    as for syringe i think the site sponsor has it
    Ar-r.com
    Site sponsor used to have it but they stopped carrying it.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Syringes are really really cheap just buy some. reusing syringes or/and pins is just asking for infections. Your a medical student asking if you can reuse syringes

bignath4607 is offline Associate Member
    Luckily for us in the uk all pins and syringes are free :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum

Quote Originally Posted by DrApollo View Post
    Would this Code F work in Oklahoma? Both my wife and I are medical students and have shadowed this physician in his practice so I feel more than awkward asking for controlled substances or questioning his judgement. Is it normal to ask for "Code F" in order to get the full 10ml vial from the pharmacy? Should I ask my doctor or the pharmacist?

Can you suggest a decently priced site to order the syringes? I use Sams Pharmacy-can I just order them online there> Thanks for the quick advice!
    Google your Sate Laws for prescribing controlled substances specifically for HRT. Some States have the "Code-F" policy. If you're respectable then your Doc should have no problem understanding your desire to visit the pharmacy as little as possible. If your a newbie to TRT, then I'd say you should wait awhile before asking your Doc until he can see that you're a compliant & trustworthy patient. As for the pins, just google the brand and/or model # written on the syringe packing. Some viable sites should pop-up that sell that model #/brand...

Quote Originally Posted by DrApollo View Post
    Both my wife and I are medical students and have shadowed this physician in his practice so I feel more than awkward asking for controlled substances or questioning his judgement.
    Wait a minute, you are a medical student and you're asking if you can use a syringe more than once? WTF?

They can be sterilized. It'd definitely be a pain compared to buying new ones but I didn't know what the 'norm' was, which is why I was asking.

Silvercrank is offline Junior Member
    That's true, they can be sterilized. I prefer just to buy more though, they are pretty cheap.

Ya thats what I am going to do. Thanks for the advice everyone!

fastman9 is offline Junior Member
    Unsanitary and crazy to reuse a needle. It will get dull and possibility get contaminated with all sorts of things.
    Try http://www.***medlab.com/ and be safe.

jjalison is offline Junior Member
    Reusing a syringe is mucho very uber bad. Can lead to infection and just plain yucky. They are easy and cheap to buy online. Just Google syringes.

Thread Information