jtuner77 is offline Member

Quest Diagnostics Total Testosterone Ranges

I have been going back and forth mentally regarding starting TRT. After doing by best to see if I could raise it naturally I have failed.

3yrs ago I took my full blood panel and the test range for Total test was 300-1200 @ Quest. Now the range as of 2 weeks ago is 250-1100. Last time I tested I was @ 330 and this time I am at 284.

I am starting to get a bit fed up because all these testing centers keep changing ranges. I am pretty sure these ranges are changing for the benefit of the medical insurance industry to avoid the influx of people looking into getting TRT covered under a policy.

Has anyone had seen any different ranges from Quest?

booku is offline Associate Member
    i like labcorp's total T, always been 348-1197, but in reality, reference range should not matter, first, your result is all about where you are within the specific reference range, because the reference range is a normal distribution of the sample mean that represents the population mean. "Prediction Intervals represent the uncertainty of predicting the value of a single future observation or a fixed number of multiple future observations from a population based on the distribution or scatter of a number of previous observations. " AKA the reference range is simply based on all of the previous lab results of that specific test, meaning that the reference range represents the population as a whole, in which the majority of the population is sick to begin with. What likely happened is their reference range shifted a bit most likely due to lowered T levels over the past 10 years or so from the modern world that we live in. So to sum it up, in reality, reference ranges actually do not mean anything at all if you are trying to optimize your hormonal profile to suit your individual performance needs, So yes, you are right, ref ranges is all politics and social control, sucks don't it but we as the people need to stand up and demand what we want and demand for the change that we so desperately need in regards to men's health
    Last edited by booku; 05-29-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Thread Information