Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: TRT sterilization

  1. #1
    Thc Sargon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38

    TRT sterilization

    Hey guys I have been on TRT for about 6 months, I do 1 injection of 1ml=200 mg of test C every two weeks, the pharmacist gave me a 10 mg=2000mg of Test C instead of two 1ml bottles. He says to throw out after 30 days due to sterilization. I am just wondering what you guys thought about taking 3-4mg every two weeks for 6 weeks and keeping the bottle passed the 30 day mark, if it loses sterilization what would be the effects of that? potentially sick or just not working?

  2. #2
    jasondd1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Thc Sargon View Post
    Hey guys I have been on TRT for about 6 months, I do 1 injection of 1ml=200 mg of test C every two weeks, the pharmacist gave me a 10 mg=2000mg of Test C instead of two 1ml bottles. He says to throw out after 30 days due to sterilization. I am just wondering what you guys thought about taking 3-4mg every two weeks for 6 weeks and keeping the bottle passed the 30 day mark, if it loses sterilization what would be the effects of that? potentially sick or just not working?
    Your numbers are off but shelf life of test cyp is much longer than 1 month

  3. #3
    Thc Sargon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38
    the ml to mg translation is what states on the bottle of my prescription.

  4. #4
    jasondd1 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    703
    Quote Originally Posted by Thc Sargon View Post
    the ml to mg translation is what states on the bottle of my prescription.
    You sure? Double check that. Your ml, mg seem wrong. But regardless test cyp does not lose sterilization in 30 days. Clean needles and alcohol the top of the bottle and no sterilization problems.

  5. #5
    Thc Sargon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38
    Sounds good, I will double check tonoight

  6. #6
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,390
    I'm sure you meant 200mg, not 2000mg. lol

    Yeah sorry but I think your doctor is a little bit of a quack or he is use to working in very dirty environments. I have vials that have been open/used well over 1yr ago, some probably 2 and have used them since with no problems.'

    As said as long as you only use a new sterile needle to remove it then there should be no problem.

  7. #7
    Thc Sargon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38
    Thank you, I checked my prescription and the translation was 1ml = 200mg, I was given a 10ml vial so should be 2000 mg of test c within the bottle.

  8. #8
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Thc Sargon View Post
    Thank you, I checked my prescription and the translation was 1ml = 200mg, I was given a 10ml vial so should be 2000 mg of test c within the bottle.
    That would be a normal 10ml bottle then. If not stored in extreme heat / cold it will be good for years.
    BTW, your doctor has no clue what he's doing when it comes to TRT. Your injections should be weekly at a minimum. Try dosing with 100 mg's per week and you will have much more stable serum levels, thus you'll feel better.
    lovbyts likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  9. #9
    Thc Sargon is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    38
    I appreciate it Kelkel, yes I meant bottle not vial, I agree with weekly injections I feel like I almost "crash" towards end of week 2. I'll try weekly.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •