Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ojm3
  • 1 Post By Richard Head

Thread: Please Share Your TRT Experiences

boisebeast is offline Member

Please Share Your TRT Experiences

I'm really curious to hear everyone's experiences on TRT, I'd genuinely appreciate it if you'd share yours!

-What age did you end up on TRT?
    -How (naturally/AAS/etc) did you end up on TRT?
    -What's your experience been like?
    -If you could, would you get off TRT and go back to natural levels?

ks1234 is offline Junior Member
    My experience has been great so fat (it's only been a week but whatever)
    my first shot was in the doctors office ... I know everyone says this stuff takes awhile to work but I got my shot and in a couple of hours I started to have more energy and felt better. I would say this was placebo but I seriously wasn't all that excited or hopeful bc I knew it took awhile to work. That was on a Monday then by Thursday I was back to feeling like I did before. I finally got my order from the pharmacy on saturday so I did my hcg shot. Man that was an ordeal having to mix everything and figure out all the different needles and stuff. Then I shot myself in the stomach... that's an odd experience... took my a few minutes to work up the courage and there was a LOT of laughter from my girlfriend. She made it quite fun actually. Now mind you, this is like 10pm... I didn't feel anything from the hcg for a couple of hours. We went to bed around midnight and I could NOT sleep... then the erection came... and a level of horniness that I hadn't felt in a very very long time. So, I grabbed my gf (still asleep) and woke her up to some of the best sex our relationship and of my life. After that still couldn't sleep. When 630am hit I got up and finally took some zma to fall asleep. So moral of the story... don't take your trt at night (at least if you're me).
    All in all trt has been amazing so far. Will it last? Idk. Will it get better? Idk. It's only been a week so I really don't know what to expect. I have noticed a increase in anxiety. I already have anxiety and I'm worried about an increase in red blood cells from trt. My doctor told me it's nothing to worry about for at least 3 months since it takes time to build up in your system but hell idk. It's still something I worry about.

Tl;dr trt is amaze-balls but I've only been on it a week but I have noticed an increase in anxiety that has focused on me worrying about stroking out and dying from increased rbc

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    Im 27 and was dignosed primary hypogondal. I believe it was due to trauma cause by riding in a saddle. I cant say much for experience as it has been a short time since ive started. But i will say this...

Ive learned TRT is far more than a weekly or bi weekly injection. There are many things to worry about and monitor along the way. Not to mention having to run extra compounds like HCG to prevent testicular atrophy, produce sperm, and keeping pregnenolone being produced.

It even goes beyond that, 1-3 injections a week for life, blood monitoring for life, having to carry health insurance for life. Knowing youll aways have to keep an eye on something is somewhat nervracking to some.

Ill be honest I wish I didnt have to trt. I wish my balls produced enough test naturally so I could just carry on as I did before this. But really all b.s aside the monitoring, injections and cost are WELL WORTH the improved quality of life.

ojm3 is offline Associate Member
    I guess what im trying to say is if you need it, get it, youll be glad you did! but if you have another option or chance to restart you production please do so. Being on TRT certainly isnt "cool" or the in thing to do.
    lovbyts likes this.

Brett N is offline Senior Member

41 is when I started.

Age I imagine. No prior AAS use or anything. After being treated for depression and gaining weight...all the other symptoms, I just did some research and came to the conclusion that it sounded like LowT. Somehow I found this forum and contacted LowTestosterone.com and found out that my Total T was not great but not bad. My freeT was total crap. Started treatment and haven't regretted it.

Emotionally, I feel 10x better. It's all about making steps. Physically I am in better shape but I definitely don't consider myself in shap. Still need to lose extra fat, still need to get diet in perfect check, still need to gain more muscle. TRT is definitely not magically going to make you into a buff stud with 10% bodyfat. That comes with hard work, TRT or not.

My "natural levels" were shit. So no. If you mean my natural levels of when I was 25. I don't know. I really never worked this hard when I was 25 to look or feel better so it really makes me wonder what kind of results I would of gotten back then with this effort.

For most, TRT is not a choice. It's not something that I chose because I saw a commercial. I was depressed, I never slept and I was miserably angry at everything and everyone in life. I hated and despised all kincluding myself. Now, I'm much better off. Optimistic about what the future holds and happy with where I am even though I'm not content to stop where I'm at. My work performance is better, I have managed to save a lot more money because I go to work more often because I don't hate being there as much. Life is pretty god damn good.

ks1234 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ojm3 View Post

Ill be honest I wish I didnt have to trt. I wish my balls produced enough test naturally so I could just carry on as I did before this. But really all b.s aside the monitoring, injections and cost are WELL WORTH the improved quality of life.
    Couldn't of said it better myself

Thank you guys so much for sharing your experiences, I really appreciate it. I'd love to hear some more if anyone else would like to contribute

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Why so curious about others stories? Writing a paper on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett N
    Why so curious about others stories? Writing a paper on it?
    Just for the sake of learning, not doing research or anything lol

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I'm 42 , have tried the creams for around 4 months and recently converted to pins bi weekly. Can say I felt better on the cream, due to dht increase thru skin absorption. But pins are less of a disruption to my day. I don't think I'm dialed in yet,

I'm taking 0.3 ml of 250mg/ml test e 2x a week and feeling tired still. I can see physical improvement by not feeling what id consider great, maybe not as bad as before I started trt. I think at this dosage I'm at my baseline.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    29. Started at 28. been on over a year. Diagnosed from trauma, no prior aas.

Do i wish i was here naturally? Of course. Cheaper, easier..
    is it worth it? Hell yes.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I started at 45. No prior aas use but had some serious illness in my 20s, several head traumas and other injuries as well as a spermatocele and vasectomy.

I agree with the statement above, it's a life saver but if I could I would rather have my natural test production over TRT and would NEVER choose to be on HRT if I didnt have to.

Thanks very much to all of the additional members who shared that stories

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    ~44/45

I was diagnosed as primary, but does it really matter in the end? Accept it & concentrate on the journey moving forward. IMO people put too much emphasis on this.

Nothing less than amazing. Approaching 50, strong, healthy, full-of-energy, confident, successful @ my career, consistently positive outlook on life & an added (& important) bonus; a great sex-life with the Wifey. Can’t ask for more than that IMO…

Not a chance, but it’s really a pointless question. What would I be going back to exactly? A life of mediocrity?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Started at age 51.
    Had AAS many years prior but not a heavy user. There have been ups and downs but my experience has been good. Once I found this site and my education has improved, so has my experience in TRT. If I could go back to my good natural levels I would as I had no troubles back then. TRT is a life changer and don't regret it.

DB1982 is offline Member
    Start TRT at 32. Been on treatment for 6 months.
    I have Hasamoto's Disease and my Thyroid has destroyed my test levels. Before treatment had most of the typical signs.
    Since treatment life has been much better. It's is expensive since my insurance won't cover it. But well worth it.

Thanks all for sharing, you guys are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    ~44/45

I was diagnosed as primary, but does it really matter in the end? Accept it & concentrate on the journey moving forward. IMO people put too much emphasis on this.

Nothing less than amazing. Approaching 50, strong, healthy, full-of-energy, confident, successful @ my career, consistently positive outlook on life & an added (& important) bonus; a great sex-life with the Wifey. Can’t ask for more than that IMO…

Not a chance, but it’s really a pointless question. What would I be going back to exactly? A life of mediocrity?

I think he means if you could go back to a good normal natural levels would you, not natural LOW T.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Been on TRT for roughly 12yrs ish give or take a year.

My low T was caused by steroids

Low T was pure hell on a daily basis, I cant put in words what it felt like when your in your thirties and you feel like your living a nightmare

I couldn't get off TRT because my system doesn't produce any natural test, this is a life protocol.

After cycling a few times you never know what normal Test levels really feel like or if you do remember you don't want to go back to normal!!!! big issues with many..

I'm taking Nebido which is 1000mgs 4ML shot of Test U every 11 weeks. Its by far the best TRT protocol I've ever used and feel like in my 20's

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I think he means if you could go back to a good normal natural levels would you, not natural LOW T.
    Thanks bud, but I know what he meant. My life has 'never' been better since starting TRT. While TRT is not responsible for all my positive life changes, I still wouldnt change a thing. So no, I wouldnt go back even if "normal levels" were possible.

What Marcus mentions above is very true, it's now a "life protocol" for me...

Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Thanks bud, but I know what he meant. My life has 'never' been better since starting TRT. While TRT is not responsible for all my positive life changes, I still wouldnt change a thing. So no, I wouldnt go back even if "normal levels" were possible.

What Marcus mentions above is very true, it's now a "life protocol" for me...
    OK sorry my bad for assuming. Yeah I see where you are coming from.

Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Started at 53, knowing what I now know from reading on this site I should have been on it about 40. Steady weight gain, mood swings, and generally not feeling well.

Experience been very good. From reading here I was able to convince my Doc to skip the creams and go with the shots. Started with 200mg every 2 weeks in the office to 100mg once a week at home. I split it to 50mg twice a week and have a good protion of my old self back. Weight has been SLOWLY comimg off but at least in the right direction.

I don't post much but I would like to say thank you to everyone for the information I found here. THANK YOU!
    Beethoven likes this.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Head View Post
    Started at 53, knowing what I now know from reading on this site I should have been on it about 40. Steady weight gain, mood swings, and generally not feeling well.

Experience been very good. From reading here I was able to convince my Doc to skip the creams and go with the shots. Started with 200mg every 2 weeks in the office to 100mg once a week at home. I split it to 50mg twice a week and have a good protion of my old self back. Weight has been SLOWLY comimg off but at least in the right direction.

I don't post much but I would like to say thank you to everyone for the information I found here. THANK YOU!
    I love this place. It has made a difference for me.

Thread Information