Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DudeHere

Thread: TRT Protocol basics ?

Xphanial is offline Junior Member
    Hi all, Going in for the results of my MRI to see if it is my pitituary gland thats the problem and just wanted to have some answers and questions to fire off if needed. I have a rough Idea from reading through the forums but just need a recap. Thank you in advance

What I have so far is:
    Basic pro is
    100mg split into twice a week
    Hcg 500ui split twice a week
    And ask about an AI?

Get bloods at 6-8 weeks

Ask about E2

The half life is 5-7 so nothing less than a weekly dose.

And question everything if it sounds Suss.

Sound about right ?
    Last edited by Xphanial; 08-07-2015 at 06:34 PM.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Sounds right. Except the dosing. Did you mean to say, nothing MORE than a weekly dose? Some here, like myself, do much more often that once a week.

Also, hCG dosing is really up to the individual - amount and frequency.

If you're considering an AI, look into Aromasin .

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Sounds right. Except the dosing. Did you mean to say, nothing MORE than a weekly dose? Some here, like myself, do much more often that once a week.

Also, hCG dosing is really up to the individual - amount and frequency.

If you're considering an AI, look into Aromasin.
    My bad, Yea nothing more
    thanks for posting

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Looks like a good protocol.

DudeHere is offline New Member
    You need blood work to determine the doses of your T and AI. It's a roller coaster ride the first several months until you get balanced. First with the T levels, then inevitably, your E levels.

Your HCG dosing will purely depend on how your boys respond. At about the 10-12 week of starting TRT, your sack may start to pull closer to your body. You'll need to adjust your HCG dosing accordingly. The norm is between 250IU to 500IU 2 x per week. One word of caution here...E levels can take off on you when you start HCG. Keep a close eye on your E levels when HCG is introduced. You may want to start with just the testosterone , then, after your initial blood work, introduce HCG. Reason being, you'll get an idea of how test works in your body in regards to conversion into estrogen. Then when you start HCG, if your E level takes off on you, you'll know that you are sensitive to HCG converting to E. It's good to know. Don't worry about your boys shrinking permanently on you. They'll come back just fine with a proper and consistent dose of HCG.

Regarding the AI, be careful not to tank your E level. It's just as bad to have low E as it is to have high E. Granted, you won't get gyno with low E, but there are a slew of other problems (libido, osteoporosis, depression, etc) that come w/low E. What I've learned over the last year is that you dose AI to blood work, and more importantly, symptoms. Typically itchy nips, water retention, and getting emotional are signs that your E is getting too high. Dose low (.25mg Anastrozole increments). You can always take more. But once your E is tanked, it takes a while to get it back.

There is no "set protocol"...it all will depend on how your body responds to each substance. Most importantly, find a good TRT doc/clinic that will work with you. Do your homework ahead of time. Nothing worse than being at the mercy of a incompetent TRT doc.
    RipperAl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeHere
    You need blood work to determine the doses of your T and AI. It's a roller coaster ride the first several months until you get balanced. First with the T levels, then inevitably, your E levels. Your HCG dosing will purely depend on how your boys respond. At about the 10-12 week of starting TRT, your sack may start to pull closer to your body. You'll need to adjust your HCG dosing accordingly. The norm is between 250IU to 500IU 2 x per week. One word of caution here...E levels can take off on you when you start HCG. Keep a close eye on your E levels when HCG is introduced. You may want to start with just the testosterone, then, after your initial blood work, introduce HCG. Reason being, you'll get an idea of how test works in your body in regards to conversion into estrogen. Then when you start HCG, if your E level takes off on you, you'll know that you are sensitive to HCG converting to E. It's good to know. Don't worry about your boys shrinking permanently on you. They'll come back just fine with a proper and consistent dose of HCG. Regarding the AI, be careful not to tank your E level. It's just as bad to have low E as it is to have high E. Granted, you won't get gyno with low E, but there are a slew of other problems (libido, osteoporosis, depression, etc) that come w/low E. What I've learned over the last year is that you dose AI to blood work, and more importantly, symptoms. Typically itchy nips, water retention, and getting emotional are signs that your E is getting too high. Dose low (.25mg Anastrozole increments). You can always take more. But once your E is tanked, it takes a while to get it back. There is no "set protocol"...it all will depend on how your body responds to each substance. Most importantly, find a good TRT doc/clinic that will work with you. Do your homework ahead of time. Nothing worse than being at the mercy of a incompetent TRT doc.
    Thanks for the advice "dudehere"
    Much appreciated

Thread Information