jsim is offline New Member

Dutas and TRT - Hair loss? Post cycle treatment? Is doctor correct?

Hey Guys,

I have a few question about TRT, If anyone could give me some fact based answers would be appreciated; as I'm on the fence with it. Some basics about me im 31, 195lb 5'9" and 20% BF. I work out regularly - recently incorporated cardio as not really trying to do that before but over last year I gained about 5% body fat, and its noticable on my frame vs where i was a year ago, as well as my muscle gains seem to be dropping especially my chest, just recently

Currently, I take Dutas(3 years off an on) to treat MPB, its helped a ton and basically stopped it and regrown it, cant really tell im receding unless your me.

Recently over the last year to 6 months I have been had symptons of Low T, Being i'm 31 i was advised by a friend to get checked. I took the results in and the clinic I was at said Im borderline for low, and that with healthier lifestyle and some supplements such as ZMA, more sleep, dieting(gave me a list of natural boosting foods etc), along with fat loss my T levels should go back up naturally in a couple months.

He advised in the Meantime to do a very low level TRT until things get back on track mentally. He recommended try 3 weeks and getting tested again after exercise and does 0f 70mg or less a week in those 3 weeks. Recommending this to just give me that normal feeling again in the morning, and hopefully after 3 weeks Once he saw a raise in my levels with the nutrition and supplements it would put me back at a normal level and continuing nutrion and exercise would help them to continue to raise and wouldn't need the therapy to continue after the initial 3 weeks.

My questions are, after 3 weeks will my natural production stop since id be doing the trt? Would this cause hair thinning in that time(im on Dutas), and will i need post therapy recovery? More so, ive read that levels drop after treatment, is this correct? or would the added nutrition help them continue to rise along with supplements? Post cycle therapy needed?

Im not a body builder, just a normal weight lifting guy, decent physique under the fat, and doing this for no more than to help get my T levels back on track and feel like i did 6 months- a year ago, as I literally have never done test before, so i wouldn't know the after effects.Ive done a lot of research but would love to hear your thoughts on this.

My major concern is my T levels lowering after this, and not rising then having to be on TRT because I messed the natural production up from TRT. Any input concerns, thought etc are more than appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Jsim

Baxter35 is offline Member
    You're on the right track with monitoring your T levels and trying to get back on track naturally before resorting to trt. That said, I wouldn't put any exogenous T into your body right now. Will 3 weeks of low dose t shut you down forever...not likely...but any outside source will confuse your body and start causing some mixed messages with your Hpta system and that is the last thing you need right now. I'd say follow the diet and lifestyle changes and do some follow up testing over the next few months to see where that leads you. Trt isn't an on again off again thing, it should only be started if and when deemed necessary and when read to make it a long term commitment. Good luck getting things straightened out.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35
    You're on the right track with monitoring your T levels and trying to get back on track naturally before resorting to trt. That said, I wouldn't put any exogenous T into your body right now. Will 3 weeks of low dose t shut you down forever...not likely...but any outside source will confuse your body and start causing some mixed messages with your Hpta system and that is the last thing you need right now. I'd say follow the diet and lifestyle changes and do some follow up testing over the next few months to see where that leads you. Trt isn't an on again off again thing, it should only be started if and when deemed necessary and when read to make it a long term commitment. Good luck getting things straightened out.
    I agree. Your dr giving you 3 weeks of trt doesn't make any sense to me.

PersuAsian is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jsim View Post
    He advised in the Meantime to do a very low level TRT until things get back on track mentally. He recommended try 3 weeks and getting tested again after exercise and does 0f 70mg or less a week in those 3 weeks.

This doesn't make any sense to me at all. I say go with what they told you about getting diet on point, ensuring 8 hours of sleep and perhaps adding some supplements. You don't want to switch to TRT until you know that you need it, why you need it and are ready for the commitment. What is the point of 3 weeks? When you do decide that you would like to proceed down the road of seeing if you are still low on testosterone I would probably go to a different doctor IMO.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I have to echo thee sentiments above. Low level trt? what is that? So you will be shut down and your t levels will be essentially low anyway? That makes little to no sense.

Thread Information