highpsi is offline Junior Member

Trt pct question

I'm coming off trt after around 2 years. From what I've read I'd start pct 21 days after my last test cyp shot?(was 50mg 2x per week) And I guess I"d use this dosage below. Look about right? Maybe run a few more weeks since I've been on so long? Thanks!

Wk1 100mg clomid / 40mg nolva ED
    Wk2 50mg clomid / 20 mg nolva ED
    Wk3 50mg clomid / 20 mg nolva ED
    Wk4 50mg clomid / 20 mg nolva ED

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Have you been using HCG ?

Also how have your labs been? Estrogen levels have been okay? Why did you start TRT in the first place?

Doctor wouldn't deal with hcg , got it from the overseas source which I suspect was fake, had a few test positive on test strips. Hit and miss maybe, didn't notice much change.

Labs were ok, most of the time my test was in higher range, estrogen elevated was on stane to control.

On trt because i was in the upper 200s several tests. Typical symptoms, low libido, low energy.

Waste of time, maybe. Right now I"m worse on then I was off. No motivation or energy benifits, less gym, get injuried easily, which heal VERY slow, less muscle even with the higher testosterone . Uncontrollable binge eating. I had maybe 3 months were I felt like I was on something benefiting me, libido was great and the gym was awesome, and that was at the 100mg a week dose.
    Last edited by highpsi; 08-10-2015 at 02:51 AM.

How old are you? Were you diagnosed with primary hypogonadism?

Last time you got labs?

I don't necessarily think coming off is going to benefit you with regard to the problems you are having. If anything I think it will make much of it worse. If you weren't able to make testosterone adequately before TRT you certainly are going to have a hard time doing so after two years or being shut down.

However to answer your question yes I would run a longer than standard PCT and dosages look fine.

I'm 40, I had labs 4 weeks ago, get them about every 3 months. Never went into the Primary vs Secondary diagonsis with the doctor, just prescribed testosterone . I can say I did clomid at one point as to avoid testosterone and my boys felt like they were going to explode so that points in one direction. I'd have to look but I think my lh and fsh were low on the pre test bloods.

Thanks for the input, I'll start the pct in 18 days.

I kind of figured you had the kind of doctor who just threw testosterone at you without really looking into your low levels. LH and FSH being low prior to beginning TRT would make me me feel better about you coming off and trying to restart your HPTA than had they been normal and your testosterone still been low. Were you on any medications or overweight prior to your TRT?

I can't recall if I was on any meds that might have been causing the low t, I wasn't fat but caring around more than I would've liked.

Just a quick update. I went thru the 6-8 weeks of pct hell this fall. Got retested and I'm 400+ now with normal free and bio-available. Not great but not in the 200s like before I started trt.

Thread Information