Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Sox

Thread: Crashing after stopping gel

  1. #1
    waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    32

    Crashing after stopping gel

    How many days does it take to feel a crash in energy, strength and libido after stopping testosterone gel/cream?
    If using a gel/cream puts a man's testosterone level into the high normal range, how many days would it take after stopping it for testosterone levels to drop into the low range?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Bonaparte's Avatar
    Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    13,504
    The gel only lasts a matter of hours. So levels should be dwindling by the next day.

  3. #3
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    How many days does it take to feel a crash in energy, strength and libido after stopping testosterone gel/cream?
    If using a gel/cream puts a man's testosterone level into the high normal range, how many days would it take after stopping it for testosterone levels to drop into the low range?
    Thanks.
    What is the purpose of your question?

  4. #4
    dadroxx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    28
    I was unable to take my gel one morning last week and I absolutely felt horrible that evening and didn't feel good again till I was able to apply the gel the next day. So, I would say the effect takes place shortly after 24 hrs.
    Last edited by dadroxx; 02-08-2016 at 06:27 PM.

  5. #5
    krugerr's Avatar
    krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK (Nr London)
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by dadroxx
    I was unable to take my gel one morning last week and I absolutely feel horrible that evening and didn't feel good again till I was able to apply the gel the next day. So, I would say the effect takes place shortly after 24 hrs.
    This. Since using my gel. A missed dose makes me grouchy. However I'm only 2 weeks in!

    Sent from my iPhone using App

  6. #6
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by dadroxx View Post
    I was unable to take my gel one morning last week and I absolutely felt horrible that evening and didn't feel good again till I was able to apply the gel the next day. So, I would say the effect takes place shortly after 24 hrs.
    Just take your dose when your remember it. I never heard of the reaction you describe but everyone reacts differently. I used Androgel in the past too.

  7. #7
    waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    What is the purpose of your question?
    What do you mean?

  8. #8
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    What do you mean?

    pur·pose
    ˈpərpəs/Submit
    noun
    1.
    the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
    "the purpose of the meeting is to appoint a trustee"
    synonyms: motive, motivation, grounds, cause, occasion, reason, point, basis, justification More
    a person's sense of resolve or determination.
    "there was a new sense of purpose in her step as she set off"
    synonyms: determination, resolution, resolve, steadfastness, backbone, drive, push, enthusiasm, ambition, motivation, commitment, conviction, dedication; informalget-up-and-go
    "they started the game with purpose"
    a particular requirement or consideration, typically one that is temporary or restricted in scope or extent.
    "pensions are considered as earned income for tax purposes"
    verbformal
    verb: purpose; 3rd person present: purposes; past tense: purposed; past participle: purposed; gerund or present participle: purposing
    1.
    have as one's intention or objective.
    "God has allowed suffering, even purposed it"
    synonyms: intend, mean, aim, plan, design, have the intention; More
    Baxter35 likes this.

  9. #9
    Baxter35's Avatar
    Baxter35 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Lol, nice 2sox...

  10. #10
    Richard Head is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    174
    Lol, 2Sox

  11. #11
    waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    pur·pose
    ˈpərpəs/Submit
    noun
    1.
    the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists.
    "the purpose of the meeting is to appoint a trustee"
    synonyms: motive, motivation, grounds, cause, occasion, reason, point, basis, justification More
    a person's sense of resolve or determination.
    "there was a new sense of purpose in her step as she set off"
    synonyms: determination, resolution, resolve, steadfastness, backbone, drive, push, enthusiasm, ambition, motivation, commitment, conviction, dedication; informalget-up-and-go
    "they started the game with purpose"
    a particular requirement or consideration, typically one that is temporary or restricted in scope or extent.
    "pensions are considered as earned income for tax purposes"
    verbformal
    verb: purpose; 3rd person present: purposes; past tense: purposed; past participle: purposed; gerund or present participle: purposing
    1.
    have as one's intention or objective.
    "God has allowed suffering, even purposed it"
    synonyms: intend, mean, aim, plan, design, have the intention; More
    I said what do you mean, because I thought you asking me what the purpose of my question is, was a bit strange. My purpose was to find out the answers to my questions, which is the same purpose every one who posts on forums has!
    Thanks to the guys who answered my questions!

  12. #12
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    I said what do you mean, because I thought you asking me what the purpose of my question is, was a bit strange. My purpose was to find out the answers to my questions, which is the same purpose every one who posts on forums has!
    Thanks to the guys who answered my questions!
    If you look at the chronology of the posts, it will become clear to you why that question was asked....I hope.

  13. #13
    Rusty11's Avatar
    Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    1,707
    Translation: Why are you deciding to stop taking the gel?
    Sorry, I couldn't keep silent another minute... Haha

  14. #14
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    I said what do you mean, because I thought you asking me what the purpose of my question is, was a bit strange. My purpose was to find out the answers to my questions, which is the same purpose every one who posts on forums has!
    Look. When anyone posts a question, they have the responsibility to be as clear as they can. That's the way we can all put our heads together to help you out! Your original question lacks that clarity. If you want to stop gels, just say so. If you are just curious, say so. Just don't throw something out there and make people guess at what you want - your purpose. That's why I asked the question. My purpose was not to put you off but to help you get focused. And I shouldn't even be spending time telling you this. You should know it already.

  15. #15
    waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Look. When anyone posts a question, they have the responsibility to be as clear as they can. That's the way we can all put our heads together to help you out! Your original question lacks that clarity. If you want to stop gels, just say so. If you are just curious, say so. Just don't throw something out there and make people guess at what you want - your purpose. That's why I asked the question. My purpose was not to put you off but to help you get focused. And I shouldn't even be spending time telling you this. You should know it already.
    Well I was just asking out of curiosity. I'm not on gel but have been offered it by my doc. He would not offer me shots. The reason i asked the questions is because I'm the type of person who is likely to forget to apply the gel every now and then. I just wanted, so I wanted to know the consequences of that.
    I did not see a point in adding this information to my original post and still don't, because it is irrelevant. I simply wanted answers to my very direct and straightforward questions.
    If I added the above information, I'm sure there would be some gooses who would not answer my questions, but state something like "find another doc".
    Once again, thanks to the guys who answered my questions.
    Really, 2Sox, there was no need for you to reply, since it was of no help at all.

  16. #16
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post

    Really, 2Sox, there was no need for you to reply, since it was of no help at all.
    It's completely up to the individual what information he or she wants to take to themselves or reject. If something is true and a person sees it, it takes on value for their lives. That's the sign of true intelligence.

  17. #17
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    Well I was just asking out of curiosity. I'm not on gel but have been offered it by my doc. He would not offer me shots. The reason i asked the questions is because I'm the type of person who is likely to forget to apply the gel every now and then. I just wanted, so I wanted to know the consequences of that.
    I did not see a point in adding this information to my original post and still don't, because it is irrelevant. I simply wanted answers to my very direct and straightforward questions.
    If I added the above information, I'm sure there would be some gooses who would not answer my questions, but state something like "find another doc".
    Once again, thanks to the guys who answered my questions.
    Really, 2Sox, there was no need for you to reply, since it was of no help at all.
    Here is something else you may decide to either accept or reject, as well:
    This forum's purpose is for mutual support, help and education. When you are here long enough to realize it, it will become apparent to you that every piece of information is relevant - because it involves a person's health and well being. If a person hides their purpose or doesn't want to be forthcoming, they only hurt themselves. They also waste everyone's time and make it difficult for people to help.

    Things happen and person may forget their T once in a while. But if, as you say, you are the "type of person" who is likely to forget to apply the gel every now and then", I'd recommend you become the type of person who doesn't forget. It's your life. From my own experience, very often when a person forgets something, it's because somewhere in their mind they feel it's not important enough to remember. If you look straight at the criticism you have of yourself and have the determination to change, you'll change. Or at least plan for the eventuality that this may happen and do something about it. But you knew that already.
    Last edited by 2Sox; 02-11-2016 at 07:31 PM.

  18. #18
    Baxter35's Avatar
    Baxter35 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by waylaid69 View Post
    Well I was just asking out of curiosity. I'm not on gel but have been offered it by my doc. He would not offer me shots. The reason i asked the questions is because I'm the type of person who is likely to forget to apply the gel every now and then. I just wanted, so I wanted to know the consequences of that.
    I did not see a point in adding this information to my original post and still don't, because it is irrelevant. I simply wanted answers to my very direct and straightforward questions.
    If I added the above information, I'm sure there would be some gooses who would not answer my questions, but state something like "find another doc".
    Once again, thanks to the guys who answered my questions.
    Really, 2Sox, there was no need for you to reply, since it was of no help at all.
    You asked what happened if you stopped taking gel, not if you missed a dose. Those are two different questions. If you're generally consistent with your dosing and miss a day every now and then you likely won't feel the difference. But if you stop altogether you could start feeling it within a few days because gels are fast acting and get in and out of your system quickly. Giving more info in your questions helps get better answers. Good luck on your decision toward trt, have you looked into causes for the low T?

  19. #19
    waylaid69 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter35 View Post
    You asked what happened if you stopped taking gel, not if you missed a dose. Those are two different questions. If you're generally consistent with your dosing and miss a day every now and then you likely won't feel the difference. But if you stop altogether you could start feeling it within a few days because gels are fast acting and get in and out of your system quickly. Giving more info in your questions helps get better answers. Good luck on your decision toward trt, have you looked into causes for the low T?
    Ok so if you miss a dose every now and then you probably won't notice it, but if you missed like 2 days in a row, you would probably feel like shit, right?
    I'm not sure what caused my low T. It could have been as a result of a hard kick in the brazil nuts when playing football as a kid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •