juggs is offline New Member

Female HRT Candidate

Hi everyone, my wife (36yrs old) has seen some of the results I've gotten since being on TRT and became curious, because she's had mood, libido, and weight issues ever since having kids. She also has spent about 16 years on birth control pills. Anyway, we went to the same clinic for her that I go for TRT, and had some blood work done, the results of which were very surprising. Her total testosterone is extremely high for some reason, but FT is middle of the range still, so I'm guessing high SHBG as well.

The doc actually asked her why her test was so high, as if he assumed she was taking some kind of hormones. When she said she had no idea, he didn't have a good answer for why it could be so high except "maybe stress."

Anyway, here is blood work below. I'm posting thyroid and sex hormones only because her CBC, metabolic markers, and lipids were all in pretty good shape and well within range. The doc just recommended iodine, D3, and some other dietary supplements as well as progesterone creme every day for 18 days per menstrual cycle.

RESULTS UNITS REFERENCE RANGE
    TSH 1.930 uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500
    Thyroxine (T4) 7.2 ug/dL 4.5 - 12.0
    T3 Uptake 33 % 24 - 39
    Free Thyroxine Index 2.4 NA 1.2 - 4.9
    Testosterone, Total 62 High ng/dL 8 - 48
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 2.9 pg/mL 0.0 - 4.2

Estradiol 177.0 pg/mL
    RANGE
    Follicular phase 12.5 - 166.0
    Ovulation phase 85.8 - 498.0
    Luteal phase 43.8 - 211.0

Progesterone 8.7 ng/mL
    RANGE
    Follicular phase 0.2 - 1.5
    Luteal phase 1.7 - 27.0
    Ovulation phase 0.8 - 3.0

She was approximately 3-4 days post period at time of labs, so according to what I've read online that would put her in the follicular phase, making her E2 and PG well out of range for that phase in her cycle. One other thing, she has had debilitating PMS ever since cessation of birth control. Never experienced PMS symptoms on BC.

One last thing, ref. thyroid activity she has done the AM temp checks and always seems to be right around 98.6 upon waking, but without fail her temp always decreases throughout the day down to about 97.9 early evening.

If any experts or any of the women here can shed any light on what's going on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by juggs; 06-06-2016 at 07:22 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Some good info in these threads. Enjoy!

TOP Threads for your FEMALE friends to Enjoy!

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    juggs is your trt in a cream or gel form?

juggs is offline New Member
    Thanks Slimmer. I've read a few of these already. Going through the rest now.

Simon, my TRT is injectable, 200mg/ml. No cream or gel.

Thread Information