Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Keep_It_Moving
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: No appetite, but can't lose weight either....

petemitchell30 is offline Associate Member

No appetite, but can't lose weight either....

Question 1:
    I'm on 200mg Test cypionate /week pin 2X/eek)
    Was taking .5 arimidex 2X/week - now backed it off to .25 2X/week
    HCG 500U 2X/week

I'm 6'4"230, I'd guess around 15%-20% bodyfat, eating 2500 calories a day on a 40/40/20 (protein carb fat) split.
    Lift HARD 5 days a week, cardio 30 min 4X/week, can't lose a lb and don't look any different after 5 weeks.

Also, my appetite sucks.

Anybody have any guesses WTF is going on??

Question 2
    I read on this site that your body can become dependent on HCG if taken over a long enough period of time. At this dosage am I at risk for becoming dependent on HCG to produce my own testosterone ??

Quote Originally Posted by petemitchell30 View Post
    Question 1:
    HCG 500U 2X/week

I'm 6'4"230, I'd guess around 15%-20% bodyfat, eating 2500 calories a day on a 40/40/20 (protein carb fat) split.
    Lift HARD 5 days a week, cardio 30 min 4X/week, can't lose a lb and don't look any different after 5 weeks.

Also, my appetite sucks.

Question 2
    I read on this site that your body can become dependent on HCG if taken over a long enough period of time. At this dosage am I at risk for becoming dependent on HCG to produce my own testosterone??

IMT will be able to knock your qs out the field....just wait a bit for them to respond.
    IncreaseMyT likes this.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Question 1:
    HCG 500U 2X/week

Also, my appetite sucks.

Question 2
    I read on this site that your body can become dependent on HCG if taken over a long enough period of time. At this dosage am I at risk for becoming dependent on HCG to produce my own testosterone??
    Low estradiol can account for poor appetite. If you have any BW, post it. Please specify whether E2 assay is sensitive or not.

5 weeks is too much of a short period of time for assessing benefits.

Your own T is produced by the HPTA. HCG will help prevent testes atrophy, thus maintaning function/size and allowing for a easier recovery if you should ever come off TRT. Your HPTA is currently shutdown by TRT, much more than HCG. However, the HPTA wouldn't resume its function unless you get off both TRT and HCG, if ever.

petemitchell30 is offline Associate Member
    "It is very easy, extremely easy for the body to become dependent on HCG for its LH needs, while the human body cannot become dependent on anabolic steroids it most certainly can HCG."

I got this from this website, just want to make sure my body doesn't become dependent and shuts down my natural production if I decide to come off of TRT. Is my dosage high enough/frequent enough to form a dependent relationship with HCG?

I've had E2 (sensitive) tested. Last week it was at 19, and so I cut anastrozole back to .25 2X a week.

Proximal is offline Banned
    Ever have prolactin tested?

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    "It is very easy, extremely easy for the body to become dependent on HCG for its LH needs, while the human body cannot become dependent on anabolic steroids it most certainly can HCG."

I got this from this website, just want to make sure my body doesn't become dependent and shuts down my natural production if I decide to come off of TRT. Is my dosage high enough/frequent enough to form a dependent relationship with HCG?

I've had E2 (sensitive) tested. Last week it was at 19, and so I cut anastrozole back to .25 2X a week.
    You have it backwards.

You are completely shutdown while on TRT, HCG is the only thing actually maintaining some testicular activity.

HCG mimicks the luteinizing hormone (LH) which is the hormones that signals testosterone production to the testis. High dosage of HCG is argued that can desensitize Leydig cells in your testis, but dependent is the wrong word lol. All testis are dependent on LH to produce testosterone.
    HCG can help restoring natural production, once off exogenous testosterone, still no garantees of sucess.

Ussually TRT is for life, if you have low testosterone it is unlikely (unheard for me) that natural production will restart years later, at least at a satisfactory and healthy level.
    IncreaseMyT likes this.

IncreaseMyT is offline Associate Member
    At clinical dosages for maintaining semen parameters no you will not experience de-sensitization.

There is a study floating around (sorry to busy to look up right now) but they gave men 1500IU of HCG three times per week. TT levels stayed in the upper 1/3 of the range for 24 months. Basically thats means there was no de-senzitization of the leydig cells.

If you keep your testes running the entire time your on TRT (you can take 2-3 week breaks every couple of months if you'd like) there is no reason why you wouldn't recover. As long as the HPTA was capable of functioning to begin with.

Testosterone Tested as Male Contraceptive

If you look at the above study they did on 1,000 Asian men you will see after 30 months of TC use they all recovered fertility within 6 months of TC discontinuation except for 2 of them. This was WITHOUT HCG during, and no restart meds after. So there is no reason to think someone cannot recover the levels they had prior to TC administration.

Keep in mind DHT and other testosterone derivatives are far more suppressive so here we are talking about TC, not derivatives.

I agree with Bizzaro, I think your E2 is low.

PS the whole HCG de-sensitization thing came from studies on rat balls. The equivalent dosage in humans was 10,000 IU. So yea if you take that much in one shot it might impair your ability permanently, but even then its not guaranteed.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by IncreaseMyT; 06-29-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Thread Information