chuck_norris is offline New Member

Risks of High Estrogen, SHBG, LH

Hey guys and gals. I have been "seen" by Dr. Crisler at Defy Medical since this past February. I'm 43 year old man.

With a starting (pre-med) total T of 477 and free of 11, he prescribed me Clomid, at 25MG/day. Since then, my total T has gone up to 1202 while free is at 13.1. However, my estrogen, SHBG, and LH have been off the charts in a bad way - too high - way out of range. Estradiol was at 79.4 last lab, even after taking anastrazole along with the clomid.

My labs are attached.

I am feeling the effects of too much estrogen - loss of libido, and it's super hard to lose weight when I used to be able to tighten up my diet and I could drop weight super fast.

I called Defy today to setup my lab follow up, and they told me that Dr. Crisler has left the practice, and that the only other Doc's first availability is in 6 weeks or so. However, I can talk to a nurse of PA and they can adjust my meds...I really don't wanna trust my hormones to a nurse or PA.

I am concerned that my estrogen, SHBG, and LH will be too high for too long and will cause some long-term damage. Ideally, I would have an appointment ASAP with a doc and he could possibly prescribe me a higher does of anastrazole, but I don't want to be hanging around for a long time with high hormones. I am considering just stopping taking the meds, as it seems like I was better off before.

My questions are:
    - How concerned should I be about the dangers of high estrogen, SHBG, and LH? I see that type 2 diabetes is a potential side effect of high estrogen in men - I don't want anything to do with that.
    - Do you have any recommendations of responsive doctors where it doesn't take 6 weeks to get an appointment?

Any other thoughts of advice would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Risks of High Estrogen, SHBG, LH-screen-shot-2016-09-19-12.34.59-pm.png  

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's quite a remarkable increase in total test.

The SHBG is upregulated by the clomid. The problem is this will reduce the free quota of Test available. You can see this youself by lookin at your own data, you got the same free testosterone (11) for a total of 477 and 840.

The raised LH is supposed to happen with clomid. That's how it works.

If you got symptoms of high estrogen then cut the clomid to a dose where you don't get any. Did you feel any better on this protocol?

Anastrozole might not be useful here as I suspect the E2 is coming from your testes and the molecule has an hard time getting in there. What is your weight/%bf?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    That's quite a remarkable increase in total test.

The SHBG is upregulated by the clomid. The problem is this will reduce the free quota of Test available. You can see this youself by lookin at your own data, you got the same free testosterone (11) for a total of 477 and 840.

The raised LH is supposed to happen with clomid. That's how it works.

If you got symptoms of high estrogen then cut the clomid to a dose where you don't get any. Did you feel any better on this protocol?

Anastrozole might not be useful here as I suspect the E2 is coming from your testes and the molecule has an hard time getting in there. What is your weight/%bf?
    Yes, I'm obviously a great responder to clomid - just gotta lower that pesky SHBG and estrogen so I will feel the effects of it. i.e. higher free test.

I don't think I do feel any better on this protocol, actually. The high estrogen has basically killed my libido and makes my boners soft.

I am 5'9, 170lb, and roughly 15% BF. Very active and eat really well.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Why would it raise total test production but the bio available test still be low. (If that's a low number) what raises your available test then ...and is The available testosterone what your body actual uses to recover build etc. ....

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck_norris View Post
    Yes, I'm obviously a great responder to clomid - just gotta lower that pesky SHBG and estrogen so I will feel the effects of it. i.e. higher free test.

I don't think I do feel any better on this protocol, actually. The high estrogen has basically killed my libido and makes my boners soft.

I am 5'9, 170lb, and roughly 15% BF. Very active and eat really well.
    You ought to find your balance between factors. 12.5 of clomid seems to provide reasonable E2 levels. From there, you might try some natural strategies to lower SHBG: D3, fish oil, zinc, boron.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    You ought to find your balance between factors. 12.5 of clomid seems to provide reasonable E2 levels. From there, you might try some natural strategies to lower SHBG: D3, fish oil, zinc, boron.
    At 12.5mg my estrogen is still out of range, which concerns me. I have started EOD of 25mg and my plan is to do that for a week and then go to every 3 days and then off completely. Hoping that this stint on serm will jumpstart my natural production.

Thread Information