Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Low Total T (123) Normal Free T (35) ?

Kodarian is offline New Member

Low Total T (123) Normal Free T (35) ?

BIO=

Im a male, age 29, in very deep Keto dieting which is the only diet to keep me at the lowest which is at 280lbs at 5ft 8, work out 3 times a week, lots of muscle and lots of fat, BMI 42 (morbid obesity) I went into Keto because it was supposed to cure the rage and irritability associated with bipolar and depression. I know this diet can lower testosterone so before i went on it, i asked my doctor for testing.

Went to first Doctor about 2 years and they only tested free T at 42 (35-155) this was taken right after waking up. He did everything else including Thyroid and it was all normal.

I asked for more T tests....

He said no, your normal, prescribed medication that didn't work. fast forward a year and.....

I ordered labs from Lab Corp. (now i am in very deep Ketosis)

Test was taken about 4-5 hours after waking up, how much of a difference would this impact the levels?

Also here is a link to the complete labs CBC

https://goo.gl/xpHhUd

FSH 1.5 (1.5-12.4)
    LH 2.3 (1.7-8.6)
    Estradiol 25.9 (7.6-42.6)
    Testosterone Total 123 (348-1197)
    Glucose Fasting 106 mg/dl (70 - 99) mg/dL

A month later showed different doctor LabCorp results, he ordered complete T labs.

He will see me this October for another blood draw before treatment.

Total- 126, (160-726)----- can you believe this reference range?
    Bio avail T-84 (48-317)
    Free T- 36 (20-135)
    SHBG 13 (10-57)

Hello friends, Bio is below these questions if interested.

I want to start TRT and get into the 800-1100 range. What is the best range for mood improvement?

Lets say you feel better at 600, will you feel even better at 1100?

Do doctors prescribe Test Propionate in case you are sensitive to Estradiol spikes and AI medication and want to minimize them as much as possible with just Test and low HCG dosing?

I am aware that the more frequent the injections, the better the stability of your level.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Kodarian; 09-21-2016 at 08:29 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    TRT can do wonder for irritability and depression if done well.

In your case, you have clinically low tT and borderline fT. For the moment is seems somewhat compensated, but chances are that reading is going to thin even further in the future.

I don't think cheating on blood draws that way is going fo affect readings that much... avoid this behaviour in the future, and trust your doc instead. If you don't trust your doc, then you should change him. Your readings are low enough to warrant treatment anyway.

I want to start TRT and get into the 800-1100 range. What is the best range for mood improvement?

Lets say you feel better at 600, will you feel even better at 1100?

How do you get a doctor to allow you to get into the higher normal range? Do you purposely under dose your test so they will increase dosage? i would keep track with levels through Lab Corp so i know where ill be officially with my doctor.

Do doctors prescribe Test Propionate in case you are sensitive to Estradiol spikes and AI medication and want to minimize them as much as possible with just Test and low HCG dosing?
    The range where you feel best is very individual. Higher levels don't equal better mood and I can vouch that from my personal experience.

Also, the more test, the higher the rate of conversion to estradiol, and that will kill your mood. If your overdo AI and crash your estradiol, it will impact your mood even worse. Best option imo regarding TRT is to avoid AI at all and taper Test instead, but depends on circumstances, expecially if your overweight you might need it to stay within tT range as the enzyme aromatase is highly expressed in adipose tissue in males. That means, as a rule of thumb (yet again individuality applies), higher bf% equals higher rate of aromatization.

Find a good, supportive TRT doctor, and work with him. Nope propionate is not used in TRT. Best options available today are still Aveed/nebido and the good old test enanthate .
    Kodarian likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Your LH and FSH are in the toilet, have you ever ran a cycle?

Have your diet evaluated in our diet section if you want to lose weight.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    TRT can do wonder for irritability and depression if done well.

In your case, you have clinically low tT and borderline fT. For the moment is seems somewhat compensated, but chances are that reading is going to thin even further in the future.

I don't think cheating on blood draws that way is going fo affect readings that much... avoid this behaviour in the future, and trust your doc instead. If you don't trust your doc, then you should change him. Your readings are low enough to warrant treatment anyway.

The range where you feel best is very individual. Higher levels don't equal better mood and I can vouch that from my personal experience.

Also, the more test, the higher the rate of conversion to estradiol, and that will kill your mood. If your overdo AI and crash your estradiol, it will impact your mood even worse. Best option imo regarding TRT is to avoid AI at all and taper Test instead, but depends on circumstances, expecially if your overweight you might need it to stay within tT range as the enzyme aromatase is highly expressed in adipose tissue in males. That means, as a rule of thumb (yet again individuality applies), higher bf% equals higher rate of aromatization.

Find a good, supportive TRT doctor, and work with him. Nope propionate is not used in TRT. Best options available today are still Aveed/nebido and the good old test enanthate.
    Thanks Bizzaro, good to hear it can help the moods. With TRT we are like best friend necklace serious...

we didnt plan on cheating the test, we were told T levels start to decline at 2pm, so we thought for the most part we were safe. We will not cheat it in the future.

So your saying higher levels dont equate to better moods for some people including yourself, does it remain mentally neutral except you get better gains and recovery which would make you feel better overall because you can go to the gym more often?

We plan on keeping estradiol in check with frequent blood tests and accurate dosing of AI, because of more body weight, was planning on 3-4 injections a week with cypionate or enanthate to keep estradiol spikes out of question. We had heard the longer the ester, the more aromatization like Nebido.
    Last edited by Kodarian; 09-21-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Your LH and FSH are in the toilet, have you ever ran a cycle?

Have your diet evaluated in our diet section if you want to lose weight.
    Yeah they are super low.

I have never ran or plan on running a cycle.

ill check out the diet section. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by Kodarian; 09-21-2016 at 04:38 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodarian View Post
    Thanks Bizzaro, good to hear it can help the moods. With TRT we are like best friend necklace serious...

we didnt plan on cheating the test, we were told T levels start to decline at 2pm, so we thought for the most part we were safe. We will not cheat it in the future.

So your saying higher levels dont equate to better moods for some people including yourself, does it remain mentally neutral except you get better gains and recovery which would make you feel better overall because you can go to the gym more often?

We plan on keeping estradiol in check with frequent blood tests and accurate dosing of AI, because of more body weight, was planning on 3-4 injections a week with cypionate or enanthate to keep estradiol spikes out of question. We had heard the longer the ester, the more aromatization like Nebido.
    We?

I don't know about performance enhancement but I do recommend you think of you overall wellbeing first. Don't push for higher levels.

For intramuscolar injections two times a week provides enough levels stability.

Quite the contrary, the slower the molecule release from ester, the lessen the rate of conversion. That means nebido ensures the least rate of aromatization.

Thread Information