Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

helping the father in law.

hey guys, i seem to have convinced my father in law that his prostate cancer could be related to high estrogen levels ( typically experienced as we age) and that his urologist ( who hasn't tested his male hormonal panel (from what i can gather).

i thought there was a study saying that lowering estrogen or blocking the estrogen receptor using serms lowered the growth of prostate cancer.

i only found one study , but it finishes off by saying, that AIs are not recommended- i want to print a study up for his uro to read and put him on anastrazole or similar.

does anyone have any advice or supporting studies you can point me to?

i want to get his Uro to order BW and a cycle with folow up BW,but need to provide supporting evidence- if it exists.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Simon1972; 10-13-2016 at 04:11 AM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have a read here, hope it helps.

Blog Entries
    hmmm, that study reads- that and correct me if im wrong, that low boavail T and high SHBG increased the risk of prostate cancer, so inversely, the addition of TRT would infact ( due to the increased bio avail T )- lower the risk of prostate cancer.....

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    The point Biz was mentioning, if im allowed to intrude, is that cancer cells are triggered by estradiol.

It will be hard to find direct guidelines regarding estrogen and prostate cancer, most studies about prostate are directed to 5alpha inhibitors, who knows why....

Im on phone will see what I got later.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also that one quoted. It seems cAMP mediated growth is induced by the SHBG-estradiol complex and that the ER isn't involved at all, hence SERMs wouldn't be useful in this case, though might work by other mechanisms, I don't know, but they will also stimulate LH leading to increased E2, and AI will have an hard time reaching the testes, so I suppose anastrozole alone might have the best chance of success over SERMs or the two combined.

Blog Entries
    That's the issue, without a study expressly promoting the use of either an AI or serm, not to mention the ambiguity of it all, I'd be hard pressed to educate any urologist on the benefit.
    Thought I'd give it a shot.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Have 2 PDFs but are 700kb, had to put in my cloud, will send by PM.

But don't think you will be very successful as part of guidelines for prostate cancer treatment is castration and androgens deprivation.

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There was also some european buzz at a conference last year that low test levels are a risk factor and deleterious regarding prostate cancer, but I think they will have a hard time shifting the paradigm here. And studies don't always significantly alter medical practice if they deviate from the accepted "standard of care," meaning what the general population of docs does.

Thread Information