Results 1 to 32 of 32
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 2 Post By TRA
  • 2 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By jonny8888
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Gyno on TRT, how to treat?

  1. #1
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41

    Gyno on TRT, how to treat?

    Hello,

    http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...ds-inside.html

    ^ my original post, but decided to make a new one as this one has some urgency.

    Been on nebido for a while now failing to to get good levels, have had some gyno development, today i notcied my left nipple was sore while drying off and when i squeezed it go a slight discharge of it. I am 2.5 weeks since my last injection so i'm thinking this is due to high e2 levels and i have a sensitivty to gyno. I think I need an AI to get this under control, doctor or endo dont seem to give two shits. Any guidance on what to take and dosage/frequency?

  2. #2
    Quester's Avatar
    Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,488
    I'm not sure about nebido but perhaps you could include your entire regimen, meds, dosages, frequencies? Also, BW. If you don't have bloodwork, get it, that's the first step. Basically, give us more background.

  3. #3
    Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,222
    I would have prolactin labs run as well as E2. Normal TRT doses of T generally aren't enough to drive E2 so high as to begin lactation. I strongly suspect prolactin is out of balance too. Are you messing with AAS too? Some of them have progestin-like activity and can compound the gyno problem.

  4. #4
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Quester View Post
    I'm not sure about nebido but perhaps you could include your entire regimen, meds, dosages, frequencies? Also, BW. If you don't have bloodwork, get it, that's the first step. Basically, give us more background.


    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    I would have prolactin labs run as well as E2. Normal TRT doses of T generally aren't enough to drive E2 so high as to begin lactation. I strongly suspect prolactin is out of balance too. Are you messing with AAS too? Some of them have progestin-like activity and can compound the gyno problem.
    Theres a link to my original post at the top, where I have background and some bloods.

    Never taken AAS just have secondary hypogonadism, endo started me on retarded frequency of 1g nebido (test undeconate) every 14 weeks with no loading shot but have slowly moved down to every 10 weeks to try and get normal levels.

    Gonna try get an emergency appointment at my doctors tomorrow and request full horhome panel. I have been googling and think progesterone may be the problem, so will try get that tested too.

  5. #5
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Are you from the uk ?. If so i understand where you are coming from, i went through all tbis with my daft endo she had never even heard of a AI lol. Any way same thing with me at the start, few years back i am also on nebido.
    I use adex .25 twice a wk no probs now all good. I actually had a lump under each nipple so i ran nolva 40 mg a day for 2 wks then 20mg a day for 8 wks or so i used it for.
    Fixed it and as i said am fine now.
    Kel helped me with it all, if you are from here you will not get E2 checked from tbe endo or the doc.

  6. #6
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Are you from the uk ?. If so i understand where you are coming from, i went through all tbis with my daft endo she had never even heard of a AI lol. Any way same thing with me at the start, few years back i am also on nebido.
    I use adex .25 twice a wk no probs now all good. I actually had a lump under each nipple so i ran nolva 40 mg a day for 2 wks then 20mg a day for 8 wks or so i used it for.
    Fixed it and as i said am fine now.
    Kel helped me with it all, if you are from here you will not get E2 checked from tbe endo or the doc.
    How do you monitor your e2 then? Is it purely through what symptoms you get?

    Seems like a nightmare
    clarky. likes this.

  7. #7
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowedzeus View Post
    How do you monitor your e2 then? Is it purely through what symptoms you get?

    Seems like a nightmare
    Aye mate, not the right thing to do at all but the nhs will not test e2 for men. The only time i had it done was when i was sent to the breast surgeon after the endo gave me gyno. Even then tbey would not do a sensitive. I tried to explain they need done for men as a normal e2 for woman is no use lol but no.
    Any way they got back to me and said yes gyno and that was it i had to fix it myself even then they would not and do not check my e2 with my yearly labs it's to expensive.

    No where here to get bloods checked, i know when things are not right but its not a good idea at all.

    Edit, this is a good one zeus, the surgeon told me that whey causes gyno lmfao.
    Last edited by clarky.; 09-04-2017 at 01:09 PM.

  8. #8
    hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,357
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Aye mate, not the right thing to do at all but the nhs will not test e2 for men. The only time i had it done was when i was sent to the breast surgeon after the endo gave me gyno. Even then tbey would not do a sensitive. I tried to explain they need done for men as a normal e2 for woman is no use lol but no.
    Any way they got back to me and said yes gyno and that was it i had to fix it myself even then they would not and do not check my e2 with my yearly labs it's to expensive.

    No where here to get bloods checked, i know when things are not right but its not a good idea at all.

    Edit, this is a good one zeus, the surgeon told me that whey causes gyno lmfao.
    Cant wait to be a part of that derailing train haha. Ill be on nebido within the next couple of months hopefully. But i still suspect the e2 thing will be the same oven though im private. The USA has it right with bloodwork.

    Nhs wouldnt even look at me. Im going to be private for the foreseeable future until i cant afford the treatment. Ive got a shit tonne of nolva on hand just incase. Research shit though.

    Ahh yes ive read that about whey. Ive also read it causes low testosterone . I think thats where i went wrong.

    Really though its scary some of these people gice people hormonal guidence lol


    Sorry op didnt mean to highjack your thread
    Last edited by hollowedzeus; 09-04-2017 at 02:22 PM.

  9. #9
    TRA's Avatar
    TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,172
    Edit, this is a good one zeus, the surgeon told me that whey causes gyno lmfao.[/QUOTE]

    It does - if you use whey too much test
    hollowedzeus and clarky. like this.

  10. #10
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Edit, this is a good one zeus, the surgeon told me that whey causes gyno lmfao.
    There is a very common conviction among the health pro the supp powders do contain prohormones or AAS of some sort...

  11. #11
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Well, I heat most of my food in plastic so I'm probably going to die from that soon anyway...
    hollowedzeus and clarky. like this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  12. #12
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Sorry for late reply guys, yeah my e2 isn't monitored by bloods. Endo is ducking useless tbh going to get referred to another hospital. Seeing my GP tomorrow he's pretty decent I'll ask him for e2 test. Gonna order up some adex too but will wait for bloods to confirm what's going on
    hollowedzeus likes this.

  13. #13
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny8888 View Post
    Sorry for late reply guys, yeah my e2 isn't monitored by bloods. Endo is ducking useless tbh going to get referred to another hospital. Seeing my GP tomorrow he's pretty decent I'll ask him for e2 test. Gonna order up some adex too but will wait for bloods to confirm what's going on
    Well good luck, let us know how you get on with the doc.

  14. #14
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Well good luck, let us know how you get on with the doc.
    Cheers

    The only issue i can see with adex is my nebido wares off early, so if i take adex through out cycle i'll end up with low e2 towards the end right?

  15. #15
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny8888 View Post
    Cheers

    The only issue i can see with adex is my nebido wares off early, so if i take adex through out cycle i'll end up with low e2 towards the end right?
    You talking about a blast while using nebido for your TRT ,

  16. #16
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    You talking about a blast while using nebido for your TRT ,
    Nooo, never used AAS like that. THis is purely TRT. My nebido peaks at the start, and wears off around 6-7 weeks and my endo wont lower frequency any lower than 10 weeks. So if im taking adex when I have no T thats gonna be a problem right?

  17. #17
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny8888 View Post
    Nooo, never used AAS like that. THis is purely TRT. My nebido peaks at the start, and wears off around 6-7 weeks and my endo wont lower frequency any lower than 10 weeks. So if im taking adex when I have no T thats gonna be a problem right?
    The ester in Nebido is undeconate,the longest ester there is, It slowly climbs then it will slowly come back down. You should never be under your normal range. I say normal lol This is why bloods are so important so you know how much( AI )adex to use.
    It sould all be steady never peaks and valleys.

  18. #18
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    It sould all be steady never peaks and valleys.
    On a statistical basis yes but there will be always somebody responding different than avg.

  19. #19
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    On a statistical basis yes but there will be always somebody responding different than avg.
    Yes I think this is my problem. I don't get on with nebido and can't have Sustanon because I'm allergic to peanuts. My endo doesn't have access to any other esters.

  20. #20
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    On a statistical basis yes but there will be always somebody responding different than avg.
    True bizz, but a good endo who knows what they are talking about will have you on the right protocol to minimise this.

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny8888 View Post
    Yes I think this is my problem. I don't get on with nebido and can't have Sustanon because I'm allergic to peanuts. My endo doesn't have access to any other esters.


    Where are you from jonny ?.

  21. #21
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    True bizz, but a good endo who knows what they are talking about will have you on the right protocol to minimise this.

    [/B][/B][/B]

    Where are you from jonny ?.
    Am based in surrey UK

  22. #22
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    So I saw my GP today and he gave me the following bloods

    Gyno on TRT, how to treat?-blood-tests.jpg

    I'll be getting this done next week, 4 weeks after my nebido shot. He also gave me a second sheet with same tests, which I will do 2 weeks after my next shot (which should be the peak)

    He also gave me this print out which was very interesting.

    Gyno on TRT, how to treat?-testosterone-graph.jpg
    Gyno on TRT, how to treat?-testosterone-table.jpg

    These are all the testosterone tests I have ever had done. Bare in mind I have never had my nebido tested at peak, only ever atleast six weeks after shot which is usually where it crashes. The spike you see was actually when i was being treated with testogel. So maybe going back to the gels isnt such a terrible idea, but the only thing is the half life. Maybe I can persuade my endo to let me do two doses a day? Would be a bit of pain in the ass though!

    Current thoery is nebido isnt delivering even dose over 10 weeks, rather a very high dose at the start, resulting in high e2 and/or prolactic.

    He's also referred me to professor david russell-jones at the royal surrey who looks to be a pretty good endo to get a second opionion.
    Last edited by jonny8888; 09-06-2017 at 11:26 AM.

  23. #23
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Hmm wonder why the range changed Aug 17. Let us know how you get on.

  24. #24
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    True bizz, but a good endo who knows what they are talking about will have you on the right protocol to minimise this.
    My former endo is a professor and researcher at local university and has published several academic papers about nebido, he couldn't help for the simple reason he has to stick with clinically validated protocols and that means a 10-14 weeks interval. If you don't respond well then it's your problem. TU is great but I needed split pins, I've been on TE for over a year by now but I miss the stability of TU, I think I'll jump back on in the near future but I'll be doing it my way next time.

  25. #25
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    If you don't respond well then it's your problem. .

    Quite the myopic view by your old endo.
    clarky. likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  26. #26
    TRA's Avatar
    TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    1,172
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Quite the myopic view by your old endo.
    Nice use of the word 'myopic'. I like it when the smart guys in the forum use a big vocabulary - helps dispel the "dumb jock" stereotype. And then I can use the words myself, whether I know what they mean or not...

  27. #27
    clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,654
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Quite the myopic view by your old endo.
    I had to google it hahaha. Another one kel that has a title but no clue about hormones.

  28. #28
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Nice use of the word 'myopic'. I like it when the smart guys in the forum use a big vocabulary - helps dispel the "dumb jock" stereotype. And then I can use the words myself, whether I know what they mean or not...

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    I had to google it hahaha. Another one kel that has a title but no clue about hormones.

    I've got a plethora of them. And that's no canard.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  29. #29
    jonny8888 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    My former endo is a professor and researcher at local university and has published several academic papers about nebido, he couldn't help for the simple reason he has to stick with clinically validated protocols and that means a 10-14 weeks interval. If you don't respond well then it's your problem. TU is great but I needed split pins, I've been on TE for over a year by now but I miss the stability of TU, I think I'll jump back on in the near future but I'll be doing it my way next time.
    Do you get prescribed TE?

  30. #30
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny8888 View Post
    Do you get prescribed TE?
    Nope but I still hold a diagnosis of low T and a prescription for nebido and testogel, anytime I can hit my GP and ask for anything related to my condition that's available here: Test E, -U, -P, sustanon , proviron , and gels.

  31. #31
    hammerheart's Avatar
    hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Surrounded by wolves
    Posts
    4,527
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Quite the myopic view by your old endo.
    It's not the individual is the system. Even if the issue is clear he can't differ protocol than standard, that's how it rolls. I proposed to do 2x split pins but he replied "it just can't be done".

  32. #32
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    It's not the individual is the system. Even if the issue is clear he can't differ protocol than standard, that's how it rolls. I proposed to do 2x split pins but he replied "it just can't be done".

    That's bad. I guess in their eyes one size fits all.....
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •