Thread: Need help.

JuliusPleaser is offline Senior Member

Need help.

Been off stuff for over a month; doing a heavy PCT to get my wife pregnant. I figured I would try dieting hard and aggressively to lose some fat, which I have obtained. I lost about 9lbs in a few days. I went from 224 to 215.

Thing is, I feel like total shit. I have no hunger, so I can cut calls by 1000 deficit; my gym performance has gone to shit however; I don't mean motivation or intensity, but strength.

Despite being low cals and doing refeeds (following Ultimate Diet 2.0), I feel like being low-T and high female hormones in my body, its not wise to try to cut at this time.

I seems like my abdominal fat, back fat, trouble areas are just not going anywhere. It also seems I'm losing some muscle, but that could just be fat skin...

Should I just forget all this for now, bulk up being "natty" and just cut later...?

What do you all think
    Last edited by JuliusPleaser; 09-14-2018 at 07:12 PM.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Julius are you still taking everything that you posted a couple of weeks ago?

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...ed-advice.html
    Last edited by almostgone; 09-14-2018 at 11:32 PM. Reason: added link.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Julius are you still taking everything that you posted a couple of weeks ago?

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...ed-advice.html
    Yes I am.

I just got my bloodwork done so results should come in Monday.

Then I'm going for another sperm analysis at some point.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Excessive caloric deficit and over exercising are well documented to lower gonadotropin production, hence endogenous T production/fertility. You lost 9 pounds in a few days??? I'd definitely call that extreme.

Yes. I figured it was mostly water weight; now I am floating around 215-217 on average daily. Its only been about 17 days of dieting.

My point is, should I not be dieting at all at this time, until I have higher T-levels? I think you alluded to that being the case?

Thing is, I won't have higher T levels any time soon, and even if I get my wife pregnant, they will be low.

When I got her preg last time, my T levels were 260

waltr64 is offline Junior Member
    If you are trying to have a little one try adding Proviron to your PCT. It is used in most of the world for fertility. Over time it can help increase your natural T production as well.

i_SLAM_cougars is offline Banned- for my own actions
    Mesterolone is one of, if not the least suppressive AAS out there, but it is still suppressive. Never heard of using it to increase natural production

well my real question here isn't how to naturally increase T at this point, but if it is wise to go in any deficit right now...being that, to my knowledge, high estrogen levels INCREASE fat; so even if I did go into a deficit, I'm fighting a losing battle, while probably losing more muscle too?

Quote Originally Posted by waltr64 View Post
    If you are trying to have a little one try adding Proviron to your PCT. It is used in most of the world for fertility. Over time it can help increase your natural T production as well.
    I've read that it's been used in situations like this. However, I discount anecdotal accounts that it increases T. It does suppress SHBG, and that should shift more of the T into free T, but I suspect that Total T will decrease because more of it is unbound and unprotected from liver metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusPleaser View Post
    Yes. I figured it was mostly water weight; now I am floating around 215-217 on average daily. Its only been about 17 days of dieting.

My point is, should I not be dieting at all at this time, until I have higher T-levels? I think you alluded to that being the case?
    Even is it was just water weight, a 1000 calorie per day deficit is pretty drastic.

Regarding your question, should you not diet at this time? If my goal was fertility restoration, I would not. Moderate exercise, yes. Even a moderate calorie deficit (e.g., 300 cal/day) will be contrary to your goal. My approach would be a healthy lifestyle and parity for body composition.

Indeed.

My deficit was basically 3-4 days at only 2000 cals, then 2 refeeds in a row of whatever I want... Its a spawn of Lyle McDonalds Ultimate Diet 2.0 which is 3-4 days 50% deficit, followed by 2 carb ups that are like 150%-200% of carb increase of cals.

well for body composition, that is my actual avatar last year, so I dont' think I'll be recomping into that. If I'm lucky, I won't become a fat whale. I'll update this post with my blood results which I should receive tomorrow.

Part of me says got back on 100mg TRT and just do 3000iu of HCG . But I want to get a sperm analysis done before I do anything else to see if that last 6 weeks have increased my count from zero.

Thread Information