Railroader is offline New Member

Approaching 6 months on TRT, 2nd thoughts.

This might seem weird since my life has been absolutely great since I began TRT, but in the back of my mind I have this guilt that Im "cheating" and literally ruining any chance I have from here on out to ever produce naturally if I continue on my protocol.

Ive made absolutely UNBELIEVABLE gains in these last 5 months in the gym, physique, strength, quality of life and my marriage. Ive gone from 24% BF to 18% and havent gained or lost ANY weight (began trt at 210, currently 205-210 throughout the week). Im not nearly as tired or fatigued anymore either.

BUT, and its a huge "but"...When I got my labs done initially I was so untypically unhealthy (for me) its not even realistic to expect those labs to paint any kind of real honest picture. I feel I could have made some lifestyle changes and my T wouldve returned to normal levels but I really needed a pick-me-up and TRT was a GODsend. I had been drinking 5 days a week (DRUNK drinking, not a beer or 2), had just come off 3rd shift and was stressed beyond belief CONVINCED I was going to get a divorce inevitably soon. I stopped drinking since then, get along with the ol' ball n chain fine now and I weight train 4-5 days a week. Literally transformed my body 100% in 6 months Ill post a pics if you dont believe it.

Im so torn on this its beginning to be a source of stress I dont need. Im wondering REALISTICALLY what my plan should be from the vets here on how I should plan this out. Should I treat it like a Cycle and get some HCG to jump start? Cold turkey? Ive decided I want to do it and reevaluate my natural levels before I proceed. If they do stay low, Im fine with it, I actually look forward to injecting every 4 days so it wont bother me that much but I want to give the boys a real honest shot at this so I can sleep better knowing I am really suffering from low TRT.

My protocol is .55ml e4d of 200mg.
    I take a nibble of an anastrozole pill every week with inj. So roughly about .25mg/wk.
    Last labs were 3mo ago, my first set on TRT and had my Test at 600, Total test at 13.5 and E2 at 36. I wasnt taking AI at that time and those numbers were on .40 E4D, I wanted to increase so I bumped it up to .55 and started the tiny dose AI.

Week I started vs last week...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Approaching 6 months on TRT, 2nd thoughts.-20180204_173030.jpg   Approaching 6 months on TRT, 2nd thoughts.-20180204_173325.jpg  

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Just a few thoughts.

I'm happy that TRT has been good for you. Hard to say how much was TRT and how much was lifestyle change.

My opinion is that bumping up the T was a questionable decision. That brings you up to near 200 mg per week. I strongly suggest you monitor your hemoglobin at that level of T. Yes, you may feel better and get better gains in the gym, but I doubt it will be sustainable in the long run due to excess hemoglobin production.

Coming off of TRT is going to be difficult. You have shut down endogenous production. Quiting cold turkey will be painful. I suggest you get some advice from the bodybuilders on what they do for PCT. More than likely, you'll want to prime the testicles with HCG for a couple of week before quitting. Then uses clomid to stimulate endogenous LH/FSH at the same time you withdraw T. I question whether an AI will be necessary once you stop those high levels of TRT. E should come down naturally once T levels return to a more normal range.

Keep in mind, it's going to take a while before you can evaluate the results. I'm thinking at least 6 weeks after you stop the HCG/Clomid and let your HPTA take over. The question is, how long do you need to prime the system with HCG and how long on clomid and at what dose. Perhaps some of the bodybuilders with more experience with PCT can chime in. I've been on TRT for over 6 years and I have no intention of ever coming off. It's been a God sent for me too.

4irishmen is offline New Member
    I'll address one angle. Drinking. I quit 18 yrs ago. It was taking over. That said those useless calories alone will raise your bf%. It also can fuck with your mental & physical chemistry big time. Giving up booze is possibly the biggest factor in your improvement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Just a few thoughts.

I'm happy that TRT has been good for you. Hard to say how much was TRT and how much was lifestyle change.

My opinion is that bumping up the T was a questionable decision. That brings you up to near 200 mg per week. I strongly suggest you monitor your hemoglobin at that level of T. Yes, you may feel better and get better gains in the gym, but I doubt it will be sustainable in the long run due to excess hemoglobin production.

Coming off of TRT is going to be difficult. You have shut down endogenous production. Quiting cold turkey will be painful. I suggest you get some advice from the bodybuilders on what they do for PCT. More than likely, you'll want to prime the testicles with HCG for a couple of week before quitting. Then uses clomid to stimulate endogenous LH/FSH at the same time you withdraw T. I question whether an AI will be necessary once you stop those high levels of TRT. E should come down naturally once T levels return to a more normal range.

Keep in mind, it's going to take a while before you can evaluate the results. I'm thinking at least 6 weeks after you stop the HCG/Clomid and let your HPTA take over. The question is, how long do you need to prime the system with HCG and how long on clomid and at what dose. Perhaps some of the bodybuilders with more experience with PCT can chime in. I've been on TRT for over 6 years and I have no intention of ever coming off. It's been a God sent for me too.
    You worried me so I just gave blood. Hematocrit was 47%. Seems to be fine but I can see it becoming a problem requiring blood donations if it kept creeping up.
    I also set an appt with doc, Im gonna run it by him and ask for a HCG script to get started. Also Ill ask him about clomid, not sure how that will go hopefully he doesent think im trying to get a PCT prescribed for a future cycle lol..

TRTdrew is offline Associate Member
    My 2 cents. You are overthinking this. You already made the choice. You should dial in your TRT dose and enjoy the benefits. Otherwise you are going to waste your mid 30s trying to get your natty production back just in time to turn 40. Why? It’s going to suck.

You are better off on TRT. Hit the gym. Enjoy your health. Impress your wife with your new body and high labido.

Thread Information