Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Blood test results - insights appreciated

brunosk8 is offline New Member

Blood test results - insights appreciated

Hello guys, i would like some insight here, just got my second blood test result, first since starting test cyp (Currently I'm taking 80mg test cyp every 5,25 days or 126 hours)... The first blood work, right before exogenous test was done on 10-20-17, and the second, yesterday (02-05-18), 5 days (120h) after last shot.

10-20-17 / 02-05-18

Total testosterone (ng/ml): 457 / 958
    Free testosterone (pMol/L): 184,7 / 416,2
    Estradiol (pg/ml): 6 / 41
    FSH (mUI/mL): 4 / 0,1
    LH (mUI/mL): 5,5 / 0,1
    LDL (mg/dL): 107 / 90
    HDL(mg/dL): 43 / 39

I'm feeling well, but i think testosterone and estradiol seem too high for last day of injection, or not? Can FSH and LH that low be a problem? My HDL is always a bit low, would it be good to worry about it? I'm thinking of lowering the dose and keep the inverval, i like this interval, i thought shooting e3,5d too often and e7d a bit too far... I like this interval, it seems the sweet spot for me...

Ps: I'm from Brazil and I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the units used by the this lab.

Cheers!
    Last edited by brunosk8; 02-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Please post normal ranges for the tests and which E lab method was used. Was it the LC/MS/MS methodology? There are other methods that can work for men, but we need to see the normal ranges to evaluate.

Top of mind thought:

1) Every 5.25 days seems like a very odd interval and not sustainable. I personally like E3D dosing because it's a regular schedule with equal time intervals between injection and you simply pick a time of day that works best for you in the long run (I do it in the mornings). It also gives more stable T levels with less variability between peaks and nadirs.

2) You cannot evaluate E without knowing the test method and normal ranges.

3) LH and FSH should be below detection if TRT is administered properly. That is why we layer HCG on top of T after you get to a stable T protocol.

4) Total T and free T do seem to be a bit high, but again we cannot evaluate without normal ranges.

5) Same goes for HDL. Need normal ranges. Also, need to see the entire lipid panel. There's much more to it than HDL. If worried about lipids, a small dose of an inexpensive statin like atorvastatin (Lipitor) can easily bring it into range.

6) Don't forget to monitor your hemoglobin. That's usually the dose limiting side-effect.
    TRTdrew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brunosk8 View Post
    Hello guys, i would like some insight here, just got my second blood test result, first since starting test cyp (Currently I'm taking 80mg test cyp every 5,25 days or 126 hours)... The first blood work, right before exogenous test was done on 10-20-17, and the second, yesterday (02-05-18), 5 days (120h) after last shot.

10-20-17 / 02-05-18

Total testosterone (ng/ml): 457 / 958 This is a good level
    Free testosterone (pMol/L): 184,7 / 416,2 This is a good level
    Estradiol (pg/ml): 6 / 41 It's a little high but still in the "normal" range
    FSH (mUI/mL): 4 / 0,1 This is way low
    LH (mUI/mL): 5,5 / 0,1 This is way low
    LDL (mg/dL): 107 / 90 This is good
    HDL(mg/dL): 43 / 39 This is low

I'm feeling well, but i think testosterone and estradiol seem too high for last day of injection, or not? Can FSH and LH that low be a problem? My HDL is always a bit low, would it be good to worry about it? I'm thinking of lowering the dose and keep the inverval, i like this interval, i thought shooting e3,5d too often and e7d a bit too far... I like this interval, it seems the sweet spot for me...

Ps: I'm from Brazil and I'm not sure if you guys are familiar with the units used by the this lab.

Cheers!
    Are you running an AI like Arimadex? Are you running HCG ?

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post
    Are you running an AI like Arimadex? Are you running HCG?
    No. I do have anastrazol in hand just in case, but I'm not using it... neither HCG

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Please post normal ranges for the tests and which E lab method was used. Was it the LC/MS/MS methodology? There are other methods that can work for men, but we need to see the normal ranges to evaluate.

Top of mind thought:

1) Every 5.25 days seems like a very odd interval and not sustainable. I personally like E3D dosing because it's a regular schedule with equal time intervals between injection and you simply pick a time of day that works best for you in the long run (I do it in the mornings). It also gives more stable T levels with less variability between peaks and nadirs.

2) You cannot evaluate E without knowing the test method and normal ranges.

3) LH and FSH should be below detection if TRT is administered properly. That is why we layer HCG on top of T after you get to a stable T protocol.

4) Total T and free T do seem to be a bit high, but again we cannot evaluate without normal ranges.

5) Same goes for HDL. Need normal ranges. Also, need to see the entire lipid panel. There's much more to it than HDL. If worried about lipids, a small dose of an inexpensive statin like atorvastatin (Lipitor) can easily bring it into range.

6) Don't forget to monitor your hemoglobin. That's usually the dose limiting side-effect.
    Attached are some parts of the exam... but it is in Portuguese!

Quote Originally Posted by brunosk8 View Post
    Attached are some parts of the exam... but it is in Portuguese!

It says Electrochemiluminescence method for testo and e2... and free test it states it is calculated by total test and SHBG!

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    That's the usual ECLIA Estradiol test which is useless for men.

I changed to 3,5 days protocol 45mg each time (90mg/week) a few months ago and now i have just made another exam... Testosterone remained about the same, from 958 to 938 ng/dL and E2 dropped from 41 to 18 pg/mL... both exams were done on injection day, before the shot... I think these numbers look great and "numberwise", 3,5d(90mg/week) protocol looks even better than 5,25d protocol i was on (107mg/week)... but my libido and mood was bit better on the previous protocol ... I wonder if the smaller doses more often inhibited estrogen conversion and i am missing a little more estrogen... does it make any sense?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Yes, smaller and more frequent dosing means smaller T peaks and lower conversion to E. That is one reason I highly recommend it. No AI needed if you keep your T within range at all times, even at peak levels.

Thread Information