shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member

Deca showing as total test?

So I went to do my blood work a couple weeks ago and the doctor called me and told me everything looked great except my total test was off the damn chart high. Trying to pinpoint the cause of this. I’ve recently switched doctors and perhaps the test they are using is showing a false positive as I’ve been tested before on deca and haven’t had any problems.Another thought was maybe my guy sent test instead of deca. Never had any issues with the lab whatsoever. Primo or something like that I could see but not deca I wouldn’t think. Anyone with experience on this would be greatly appreciated

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Yes it can happen if the Dr uses the ECLIA form of test vs. the LC-MS.

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...st-method.html
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

There's a .gov document posted online about Deca interfering with testosterone values when using ECLIA testing.

Hmm, I can't find it now, but there was a .PDF available.
    Last edited by almostgone; 02-16-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

I’ll take your word for it. I gotta do bloods again in 4 weeks, you think that’s enough time to clear my system?

I believe so. Read the link in post #2 and see if it mentions how they handled it. I would definitely drop the Deca now and probably order online labs on my own in 2 weeks to see how things are looking before I went back to my Dr.
    You don't want.to wreck your relationship w/ your Dr.

Did they give you an actual value and reference range or just say "off the chart high"?

He said above 1500. Told me that’s as high as it goes

Thread Information